Serious question. How long does Hurley get?0 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Serious question. How long does Hurley get?0

Reaction Score
I was talking to someone at the football game on Saturday and it got me thinking. This will be Year 2 of the Hurley regime. If we are not a tourney team by next year does he get another? The guy was saying Edsall is in year 3 and hasn’t turned the program around yet. My view was given the mess he needs at least until 2020. But football was A. a total disaster and B. Harder to turn around. Basketball programs can go from eh to wow in one year. By next year Hurley will have had 3. Does he need to deliver something serious by then? Does he need to do it this year?

You were at the football game - hard stop - think about that for a second.

No, no, I kid, i kid, well kind of.

Reaction Score
I was talking to someone at the football game on Saturday and it got me thinking. This will be Year 2 of the Hurley regime. If we are not a tourney team by next year does he get another? The guy was saying Edsall is in year 3 and hasn’t turned the program around yet. My view was given the mess he needs at least until 2020. But football was A. a total disaster and B. Harder to turn around. Basketball programs can go from eh to wow in one year. By next year Hurley will have had 3. Does he need to deliver something serious by then? Does he need to do it this year?

@Mods, am I allowed to report this post?

Reaction Score
one 4 year recruiting cycle.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
meh, can Hurley and bring Ollie back. Rinse and repeat until everyone forgets about the lawsuit(s).

Reaction Score
The OP is asking what about not making the tourney by the end of year 3, which is the year after this upcoming year? Legitimate question. My guess would be that the honeymoon would be getting stale but if we have big recruits coming in it would mitigate that. It’s always about performance but also the future promise of what is coming.

Reaction Score
The OP is asking what about not making the tourney by the end of year 3, which is the year after this upcoming year? Legitimate question. My guess would be that the honeymoon would be getting stale but if we have big recruits coming in it would mitigate that. It’s always about performance but also the future promise of what is coming.

If we’re a bubble team and we have recruiting traction I think he’s fine. He just has to show progress.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
20 minutes?
After the appropriate instant shutdown, I scrolled down to see how long before this one came up.
And then I scroll up with last second curiosity to see the final post on page 1, and it's OP back for another whack at his own piñata.

Reaction Score
Over 49 years of watching college hoops I’ve seen lots of “can’t miss” guys flame out st the next level. Lots of people including me were happy to get him but I think we need to be a tournament team by 2021 or seriously question if he is one of those guys. We need to finish above .500 and be at worst an NIT team this year or I think there will be some questions. We can’t make the mistake of waiting too long

Seriously? You thought it was appropriate to double down on the original post? Attention whore.

Reaction Score

WTF were you and your buddy drinking when the conversation made this interesting turn. I can’t imagine what thoughtful debates followed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The OP is asking what about not making the tourney by the end of year 3, which is the year after this upcoming year? Legitimate question.
I suppose. But why are ask this now? It's nothing but a cry from help from the OP.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Seriously? You thought it was appropriate to double down on the original post? Attention whore.
I give him major props for avoiding a Herb Sendek reference...so far

Reaction Score
231c7d4ca076adc2b5d3551454f471f1a797eb5596f5844e6c2f54f9f9e7cad0.jpg

Reaction Score

It’s may be legitimate question next off season, not after year one.

Besides, there are many more legitimate questions to ask/answer like how to tip at restaurants or what grinds your gears at sporting events.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
5-6 years. Stop firing coaches in all sports
Uh which coach that was fired do you believe that we should have kept? Just wondering.

Reaction Score
Over 49 years of watching college hoops I’ve seen lots of “can’t miss” guys flame out st the next level. Lots of people including me were happy to get him but I think we need to be a tournament team by 2021 or seriously question if he is one of those guys. We need to finish above .500 and be at worst an NIT team this year or I think there will be some questions. We can’t make the mistake of waiting too long
Ugh. We can’t make the mistake of giving this any more replies.

Reaction Score
Uh which coach that was fired do you believe that we should have kept? Just wondering.
None. All should have went. But you can’t have a revolving door. So, 4-5 years.

Reaction Score
You should get detention for this post...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom