OT: - Serious question for you guys | The Boneyard

OT: Serious question for you guys

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I need your help with some ideas for a big event next year. I have three older brothers and the four of us are scattered across the U.S. so we don't get together all that often. My youngest son, who lives in Charlotte NC, is getting married over Memorial Day weekend next year, just a week before one of my brothers (they are much older than me :cool:)and his wife celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. I don't want to detract from my son's wedding, since it's their day, but would like to do something for my brother and his wife in the next day or so after the wedding.

My brother is ex-military (Air Force) and is now retired. He and his wife ,who are childless, travel extensively but otherwise live quietly. So what do we do for these guys? I thought a nice brunch but my son is having a post-wedding brunch, so that's out. My brother and his wife drink but are a one-or-maybe-two drink-occasionally type so a speakeasy or other fun night spot is out. The National Whitewater Training Center is a favorite spot of ours in the area so that's a maybe but it's not really a group activity for the entire family.

Any thoughts, guys? How did you celebrate a big anniversary/family reunion type of event?

Reaction Score
I thought a nice brunch but my son is having a post-wedding brunch, so that's out
When ONO was asked for her favorite movie, she replied, “Matilda. You can’t go wrong with Matilda.”

I feel the same way about brunches. You can’t go wrong with a brunch, even if you just had one a few days earlier.

Reaction Score
Have a nice catered cookout. Barbeque is not unknown in North Carolina. Plenty of time to locate a venue. A nice out door spot with open air cover perhaps.

Reaction Score
My sister just celebrated her 50th anniversary. Everyone chipped in and sent them to Ireland for a week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom