Serious Michigan question | The Boneyard

Serious Michigan question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They're dropping at least 40 on us? 50?

What incentive can the school offer to get people to stay until the end so the program doesn't go into complete implosion mode on national television? $100 Subway card raffle? Husky prize pack?

Reaction Score
State troopers with dogs blocking the exits?

the could stage some kind of massive gate malfunction and pretend to take a while to fix them.

Reaction Score
They're dropping at least 40 on us? 50?

What incentive can the school offer to get people to stay until the end so the program doesn't go into complete implosion mode on national television? $100 Subway card raffle? Husky prize pack?
This is actually not a bad question. Fortunately, since it's an 8 pm Saturday night start, not many are going to be watching after halftime when the game is no longer in doubt. By 10 pm only die hard Michigan fans will be watching, so there won't be much of a national impression of the game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You know what the really sick thing is?

The best thing for the program could be something really embarrassing like what you're speculating. It's clearly going to take repeated, loud, humiliating and spectacular failure to get anything changed.

Which sucks for the players, who are giving max effort. But, its where we're at.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I was actually hoping we wouldn't be at 8. This is going to give my wife a solid excuse to make us leave early when we're down 35 in the third. She usually wants to stay but I can't see her wanting to sit in the cold to watch us get housed. I think I can probably get to the 4th. Sucks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Uconnalliance

Just win baby
Reaction Score
Wonder if game is giant blow out and their are next to no fans in the building if ABC would go to another game?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
True fans will stay. Obviously I don't stay for the coaching staff, I support the players.

Reaction Score
Until this year I have never left early at any game. This year, I dont give a EF. Call me a shytty fan. Call me what you want, but this EFing train wreck isnt worth the price of high school football admission.

Quit the bullshyt of the "they are just kids." Kids their same age are getting paid next to nothing to go overseas and fight wars for this country. Many other kids do things such as become firefighters or cops. These "kids" are D1 football players getting paid to play football. They don't get dollars deposited into their bank accounts, but instead get a great education without the bills associate with it.

If after UCONN gets waxed to Michigan the players look up and see the 34 people remaining in the stands and feel that they are the "true fans" than count me out as one of them. I give them a fair shot each and every game. I am in my seat well before kickoff and stand and cheer on 3rd down and whatnot when others are. I see no reason in blocking the people behind me if I can see the field. My voice doesnt sound any different when I am sitting or standing. If everyone is up, im right there with them.

Reaction Score
Until this year I have never left early at any game. This year, I dont give a EF. Call me a shytty fan. Call me what you want, but this EFing train wreck isnt worth the price of high school football admission.

Quit the bullshyt of the "they are just kids." Kids their same age are getting paid next to nothing to go overseas and fight wars for this country. Many other kids do things such as become firefighters or cops. These "kids" are D1 football players getting paid to play football. They don't get dollars deposited into their bank accounts, but instead get a great education without the bills associate with it.

If after UCONN gets waxed to Michigan the players look up and see the 34 people remaining in the stands and feel that they are the "true fans" than count me out as one of them. I give them a fair shot each and every game. I am in my seat well before kickoff and stand and cheer on 3rd down and whatnot when others are. I see no reason in blocking the people behind me if I can see the field. My voice doesnt sound any different when I am sitting or standing. If everyone is up, im right there with them.

I actually thinks its good that people understand when they are not real fans, or at least "good" fans. Not everyone will stick it out to watch their team take a 40 point beating, but some will. When UConn can get to the point where the majority of the fans will be there till the end, that will be a big step toward being taken seriously by the Big Ten and the ACC. Hopefully it happens soon.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
48-13 Michigan. And, no, I will not stay in my seat until the end should this happen. I'm one of those "I never leave early" types until this season too. I stayed until the end for Towson but left with 1 minute to go last night (my interaction with a few drunk Maryland fans sullied my mood). My guess is that as this season slowly flushes down the toilet, the incentive for fans to stay until the end of games will go down with it. What a nightmare of a season.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I will admit that I was not in my seat at the end of last night's game. I was halfway down the aisle to the stairs when the clock hit 0.00. It wasn't ideal getting home at 1:20-1:25 am but, what the hell.

Reaction Score
I have only watched bits and pieces of UConn this year but UConn can probably make it a competitive game depending on the following:

- Devin Gardner has a tendency to underestimate opponents secondaries - he's made a lot of throws that only make sense because he doesn't think the other team's good enough to burn him. If UConn has some guys like that, there will be turnovers.

-Michigan has a pretty mediocre line on both sides of the ball. Even MAC-level lines have sacked the QB a few times. Can UConn take advantage?

-Due to the youth on the defense the base formation has been bend-don't break, which means that UConn should be able to sustain drives if they play error free. Michigan has been very good in the end zone though, so UConn will need to make some plays to score.

Reaction Score
48-13 Michigan. And, no, I will not stay in my seat until the end should this happen. I'm one of those "I never leave early" types until this season too. I stayed until the end for Towson but left with 1 minute to go last night (my interaction with a few drunk Maryland fans sullied my mood). My guess is that as this season slowly flushes down the toilet, the incentive for fans to stay until the end of games will go down with it. What a nightmare of a season.

I think it's funny that you talk about leaving a game early, and then end your post with "Think B1G". Why should the Big Ten consider a team whose fans are already predicting that they will leave early after a brutal loss to one of their teams. You are one of the reasons that the Big Ten won't take UConn seriously.

Reaction Score
I think it's funny that you talk about leaving a game early, and then end your post with "Think B1G". Why should the Big Ten consider a team whose fans are already predicting that they will leave early after a brutal loss to one of their teams. You are one of the reasons that the Big Ten won't take UConn seriously.

I really, really wish people would realize that is not the reason the Big did not take us, maybe not being in the AAU, as RU and UMD is the reason and UConn is working on it. Why the heck are these newbies posting bs? Were you at the game last nite and if not are you a UConn fan?

Reaction Score
Well when I think of a dedicated, hardcore fanbase, I certainly think of Rutgers first.

Yeah the conference realignment situation sucks and it's an easy way to insult UConn and put down it's fans but if you think that fans leaving early, which happens EVERYWHERE, is a deciding factor for a conference like the B1G, ACC, etc. then you sir, are the joke.

No, it doesn't happen everywhere. But you can keep being surprised when other teams are selected by top conferences over UConn. And I'm not the one putting the fans down, these were UConn fans that were admitting that they have no interest in staying at a game, if the team is doing poorly.

Reaction Score
No, it doesn't happen everywhere. But you can keep being surprised when other teams are selected by top conferences over UConn. And I'm not the one putting the fans down, these were UConn fans that were admitting that they have no interest in staying at a game, if the team is doing poorly.
It happens everywhere you fool.

Reaction Score
It happened at a PSU game I went to 3 seasons ago...almost 1/2 the stadium emptied out at the half..I was one of them when I headed back to the rv lot for cold beer and a hot meal.

Reaction Score
Michigan

Think Big Ten. What the hell, think SEC.
This just proves your a dumb as I have been to Michigan Stadium (as many of us have) and witnessed their fans leave early while having a commanding lead. Keep trying buddy, keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom