Series | The Boneyard

Series

C

Chief00

Chief needs to be careful but hearing around Storrs that a 4 year series with a former Big East foe is being finalized.
Home/Away and two neutral court games including at least one at MSG. Hold up is who gets home game first.
Would love to see maybe three of these type of series plus some elite intersectional games. Lets do MSG and TD but keep 2/3rds of games H/A rather than 50/50.

Reaction Score
if its providence @Wordbomar had it first (MSG doesn't make sense for PC though)
Coach Cooley had a BBQ for big donors at his house this summer. One of my friends who lives in providence and is a big PC donor was there. He said Cooley talked about there being discussions with UConn about a 5 year/5 game series. Home and Home, then a Game at Mohegan, followed by another Home and Home. This was a few weeks back when he told me this and haven’t heard anything official. But it’s worth noting that it seems these talks are in the works.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
if its providence @Wordbomar had it first (MSG doesn't make sense for PC though)
Well that's disappointing. I'm fine with the series but let's just say they weren't the first team that came to mind... or the second.. or the third...

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Well that's disappointing. I'm fine with the series but let's just say they weren't the first team that came to mind... or the second.. or the third...

Not gunna lie I think it’d be awesome to get this series started again...

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Came in just ahead of Seton hall, eh?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Came in just ahead of Seton hall, eh?
I'd be fine with Rutty as well as it isn't a bad drive.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah I'm fine with it. Other names just jumped to my mind first.

It's an old rivalry and good for NE basketball.

Was hoping for Syracuse first, because of course. Rivalries are the best.

Second on tap would be Villanova cause they are currently the boss.

Anything else I couldn't care too much about.

Reaction Score
Imo, if UConn wants to add a second tier OBE team to its schedule rotation I would rather it be St. John's. The MSG factor and continued NYC recruiting visibility factors outweigh a regional game against PC with not much buzz. Don't want to legitimize BCU by granting them games.

Cuse should be every year home/msg/Canada rotation.

C

Chief00

Yeah I'm fine with it. Other names just jumped to my mind first.

It's an old rivalry and good for NE basketball.
Agree, LOL remember when some reporter made the mistake of calling BC vs UConn a rivalry when we beat them like 21 times in a row. Jimmy went nuts on him.
At any rate, one thing about this series is it would put BC out of the New England rivalry conversation.
What’s interesting is PC hasn’t really targeted NY like UConn. Their big recruiting areas are New England and VA/NC.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah man if only we would play these teams that are on the schedule this year

We were talking about future 4 game series with a matchup at MSG. That's what I'm responding to. I would like to line that up for either of those teams.

Not only that, my comment meant to imply that everyone else in the OBE can get stuffed for all I care.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Imo, if UConn wants to add a second tier OBE team to its schedule rotation I would rather it be St. John's. The MSG factor and continued NYC recruiting visibility factors outweigh a regional game against PC with not much buzz. Don't want to legitimize BCU by granting them games.

Cuse should be every year home/msg/Canada rotation.

Outside of MSG being involved, there's no pub for a SJU UCONN matchup. No one other than the two respective fan bases gives a crap.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Outside of MSG being involved, there's no pub for a SJU UCONN matchup. No one other than the two respective fan bases gives a crap.

constant doubleheaders that don’t sell out might be a clue early season meaningless non conference games don’t generate a lot of electricity.

Reaction Score
Same can be said for UConn v. PC. As stated, just imo but I will take The Garden and NYC recruits over the Dunk any day. Reasonable minds differ here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom