Series vs Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Series vs Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
down 2-0 right now but threatening with 2 in scoring position and no outs in the 6th

Reaction Score
1st and 3rd and no one out and can't get the tying run home. Give credit to the Louisville defense they have robbed us of a few runs today with some real nice defensive plays. How nice it would be to have a reliable defense. These Louisville announcers are awful. How biased can you possibly be.

Reaction Score
Feehan comes in and gives the run right back can't get the clutch outs.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if u guys want to watch real college baseball, u know the kind of baseball we played last year, turn on espn in 5 minutes.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Fought right back to tie it up at 3 in the top of the 8th.

Reaction Score
Feehan gives up lead off single in bottom of 8th. Oberg coming in. Not sure why Oberg doesn't start inning having not pitched this weekend and they don't play during the week so they could probably get 2 or even 3 innings out of him.

Reaction Score
Penders has Oberg walk a guy intentionally to load the bases with 2 outs which leaves no room for error and sure enough Oberg hits the next guy on the first pitch. Now losing 4-3. Anything and Everything that could go wrong for this team does.

Reaction Score
Penders has Oberg walk a guy intentionally to load the bases with 2 outs which leaves no room for error and sure enough Oberg hits the next guy on the first pitch. Now losing 4-3. Anything and Everything that could go wrong for this team does.

Dude, they intentionally walked the guy so that they could face a guy hitting .192 on the season. You do that ten times out of ten.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Dude, they intentionally walked the guy so that they could face a guy hitting .192 on the season. You do that ten times out of ten.
Yup, gotta trust your closer to throw strikes against a guy like that.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, we have guys on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out in the 9th. Verdi at the plate.

Verdi HBP to load them for Testani who is pinch hitting.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
up and down every game. rollercoaster season.

Reaction Score
Testani comes up big with a double and 2 runs. Winning 5-4

mets1090

Reaction Score
Go ahead double scores 2! Hopefully they can tack on two more and let Oberg shut the door

Reaction Score
2 and 3 and 1 out. they are intentionally walking David to load bases. Need atleast 1 insurance run.

mets1090

Reaction Score
7-4. Hoping they can keep piling it on

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if i'm JP i have some 1 else warming up right now as a extra arm. have to take this gift and bring it home considering the landslide the teams been on of late.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Oberg didn't mess around that inning.

This was a huge win. The difference between 12-6 and 11-7 in conference is pretty substantial. Now a sweep over Cincinnati would put us at 15-6 which would put us in decent position heading into the USF series.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
man oh man, i give u guys credit for being so positive at this point in the season. i'm already thinking about next year and post mazz how were going to look. its just crazy that we are even close to in it for the BE. Watching Ark vs Fl reminds me of the great ball we played last year and how bad its been this year. When you really think about the last couple weeks, its scary. We lost to bad new england teams that shouldn't happen, we should have gotten swept by rutgers if they were any good and then we should have gotten swept by lville but a blown inning gave us light here today.

mets1090

Reaction Score
man oh man, i give u guys credit for being so positive at this point in the season. i'm already thinking about next year and post mazz how were going to look. its just crazy that we are even close to in it for the BE. Watching Ark vs Fl reminds me of the great ball we played last year and how bad its been this year. When you really think about the last couple weeks, its scary. We lost to bad new england teams that shouldn't happen, we should have gotten swept by rutgers if they were any good and then we should have gotten swept by lville but a blown inning gave us light here today.
I won't be scratching my head if we don't come close to winning the BE regular season title. I won't be scratching my head if we go 0-2 in the tournament. But while they still have a shot I'll still be thinking about the possibility that a miracle could happen. Especially because literally the only thing keeping us from being the top team in the conference is fielding. If at any point they can get their collective head out of their collective ass they could turn things around. I don't necessarily think they will and wouldn't bet any money on it happening, but you never know. The undying Mets fan in my won't stop believing until the math says they can't win.

Having said that, boy do I miss the teams of last two years.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

We finally played well today. Make no mistake: we absolutely dominated the Ville today, outhitting them 13-7 and committing 0 errors to their 2. We could have won by more than this.

With that said, I agree with you. We need three wins over the next 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom