Series vs Louisville | The Boneyard

Series vs Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Going to be a tough task, this weekend might make or break the season.

First pitch is tonight at 6:00.

Reaction Score
We need 2 of 3 at minimum to get back in NCAA at large consideration. A sweep can turn the season around. You can always hope.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if we win more than 1 game, then lville is over ranked which i think they are. the BE is a 1 big league this year to the ncaat, and that will be the winner in tampa for the BET if so....

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
if we win more than 1 game, then lville is over ranked which i think they are. the BE is a 1 big league this year to the ncaat, and that will be the winner in tampa for the BET if so....
Louisville is in even if they don't win the big east tournament.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
We need 2 of 3 at minimum to get back in NCAA at large consideration. A sweep can turn the season around. You can always hope.
To get at large consideration we probably have to go 12-2 or better the rest of the regular season. Of course you can hope and it isn't technically impossible, but I'll be happy with a good enough showing against USF and Ville to get us some favorable matchups in the BET to give us a shot at one good week of baseball getting us into the NCAAT.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Amlung is quite the pitcher. Gonna take a great effort to get a W today

Reaction Score
Simple base hit to the outfielder and let the ball go under your glove and runner scores all the way from first and batter gets second. Why does it seem like we have had that happen atleast once a game over the past 5 game or so. That right there is even worse than the infielder errors. How hard can it be to simply glove a single to the outfield. Horrendous. As I am typing this we strike a guy out for the third but gets away from the catcher runner gets to first and run scores. This is aweful, just aweful defense.

mets1090

Reaction Score
If you're going to use a word twice in one sentence, make sure you know how to spell it ;)

Agree though, this team just has something wrong with it mentally in the field. They're really shaken up and have been all season it seems.

Reaction Score
You are correct, shame on me. I need to learn how to spell.

Reaction Score
Paul is a killer out there. 0-4 with an error. With Fuller on first and a 3-0 count he swings and grounds out to second.

Earlier in the inning Mazz tried to stretch a single into a double and got thrown out.

Reaction Score
This team just really plays with no patience or intelligence many times. Top of the 8th could have been a big inning but trying to stretch a single and getting thrown out and then not taking more pitches to try and get on base. Bottom of 8th another error leads to another run for Louisville. 5-0

mets1090

Reaction Score
Tough loss but honestly Lousville was a heavy favorite in this game with Amlung on the mound and given that they are simply the better team. That doesn't mean we can't get back at it tomorrow and win but this isn't an altogether surprising loss. The errors still hurt but I've long since accepted that they are going to happen and we need to score in bunches to win.

Reaction Score
Looking at the boxscore, I think we got a quality start and good relief from the pitching staff. Hitting was a tough go against a very good pitcher. Unfortunately the two errors accounted for 2 runs. So actually if the routine plays are made you are in a 3-0 game against a #20 team. Also have to shut down their running game. See if Ward gives us a good start today.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Hold your breath with Ward on the mound today. Hopefully we get last year's Ward

mets1090

Reaction Score
Got down 3-0 after 3 but they just fought back to put up a 5 spot in the top of the 4th to take the lead. Good to see them fighting after 12 scoreless innings to start the series. They've been frustrating this year but as long as they don't quit I won't be complaining about results the rest of the year. Their limitations are well known so let's just see how they can finish out the year.

Reaction Score
I hate to be negative but even in the 5 run inning there was so many bad baserunning plays by UConn. 2 guys being tagged out on the base paths.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Ward retires the first two in the bottom half but has now walked 3 straight batters. Disaster. I think this has to be his last batter whether he gets out of it or not.

Reaction Score
Ward's struggles continue. Get's the first 2 guys out in the bottom of the 4th and then walks 3 straight guys. Loaded with 2 out and a pitching change. Just put the stinking ball over the plate already.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Penders beat me to it and pulled him. Hopefully Jolin can bail us out

mets1090

Reaction Score
We really know how to make our fielding errors count

Reaction Score
This team is horrible. Pop up to Verdi which would have gotten them out of the inning and he can't catch it. It is has just gotten to the point where this team is hard to watch. Everything about what they do is poor, they play like a little league team. Like I said earlier, even when they scored 5 their baserunning was pathetic. They just play with no intelligence at all.
Now it is 8-5 Louisville, 5 unearned runs.

Reaction Score
I was listening while out it sounded like Stanley Paul base running mistake was inexcusable. His base running is not very good (not the first time he has done this) and continues to make RF an adventure. I don't think Ward is 100%, he needs rest - period.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Verdi crushes what would have been a 2 run homerun but it was pulled back for the third out of the inning. Tough break.

Reaction Score
Well that hurts and there goes our chance of two wins, would love to get a win here tomorrow!

in the end however, we may need to win the 3 games against Cincy to have a shot at being in the Top 4 of the BE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom