September UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

September UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She still has some growing to do. We could call her Crystal, Jr.
As much as I love Danger, I am not sure a UConn style positionless system can fully prosper with a main PG that is height challenged and limits switches on defense. I think a smaller faster PG can be a great switch up off the bench like Lorin Dixon. Remember her? I really think Bird, DT, and the Paige's of the PG world are the prototype for the UConn system to facilitate defensive switching.

Reaction Score
As much as I love Danger, I am not sure a UConn style positionless system can fully prosper with a main PG that is height challenged and limits switches on defense. I think a smaller faster PG can be a great switch up off the bench like Lorin Dixon. Remember her? I really think Bird, DT, and the Paige's of the PG world are the prototype for the UConn system to facilitate defensive switching.

Yeah, we all know how those UConn teams lead by diminutive point guards like Rizzoti, Jefferson, and Dangerfield really struggled!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Yeah, we all know how those UConn teams lead by diminutive point guards like Rizzoti, Jefferson, and Dangerfield really struggled!
Especially Moriah. She was able to guard taller guards in a near-shutdown manner, and get rebounds also.

You could have added Renee Montgomery and Bria Hartley to your list. I heard that Bria's height was only 0.9 HU (Hartley Units).

Reaction Score
Rizzotti played in a different era of UConn basketball. MoJeff and Hartley are in the 5'7" range and Montgomery is a little taller than them.

I would say if Danger was even MoJeff or Montgomery size, the options change and I would say that ND semifinal game could have been different. Just my opinion and everyone can disagree if they want. I'm just saying that Geno's present style in my opinion favors a team where everyone is between 5'9-5'10" up to about 6'4" in height and can switch on everything both offense and defense.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She still has some growing to do. We could call her Crystal, Jr.

We may be too late. Walz at Louisville has probably already offered her. :confused:

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno has gone the International route again. He's looking an an Irish player named Jacqueline O'Lantern. He said the other players in Ireland couldn't hold a candle to her. :D

1570054061757.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69