Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

P Ciera Toomey
Dunsmore High School (Pennsylvania)
New espnW 60 ranking: 3
Previous espnW 60 ranking: 14
Uncommitted

Toomey already had college coaches heavily anticipating the chance to evaluate her live once her high school films caught their attention, and after dominating at The Prime Event-East in June.

Though she debuted at No. 14 in the rankings in late April, she left no doubt she was the ultimate stock riser of the summer. Toomey has a smooth game: footwork, high release, sweet mid-range jumper, high-percentage 3-ball, and has shown she is comfortable anywhere on the floor with her passing prowess and competent ball-handling skills. She demonstrated that by scoring 17 points against No. 1 overall prospect Mikaylah Williams in the first half in the finals of the Premier Basketball Super 64.

Defensively, she times the shot-block incredibly well. She does a great job of being patient enough for her opponent to leave the floor before she does, maintaining verticality, and blocking and challenging shots in and around the paint. As a secondary defender, she knows just when to rotate and create havoc in order to make scoring difficult.

Toomey, a multi-sport athlete who also excels at golf, can become a prototypical stretch-4 player as she adds strength and tightens up the change of direction in her handle. UConn, Notre Dame, Penn State, Maryland, North Carolina, Wisconsin and Baylor are among the numerous teams pursuing her.

PG Hannah Hidalgo
Paul VI High School (New Jersey)
New espnW 60 ranking: 18
Previous espnW 60 ranking: 40
Uncommitted

Hidalgo is among the most competitive players in her class. Though she was snubbed from a USA U16 invite, she used her chance to play in front of college coaches and scouts to show off her array of floater and runner finishes. She can elevate and explode to the rim after she breaks down defenses with her footwork and exceptional handles. She also has the ability to knock down pull-up jumpers, and her 3-ball has range as well.

She is quick with or without the ball. Defensively, she is disruptive both on the ball and in passing lanes. This allows her to set the competitive tone for her team and control the pace of the game -- which, right now, she likes to be fast.

As her game matures and she manages her team as well in the half court as she does in transition, expect her stock to rise even more. She is working diligently on being more consistent from beyond the arc and improving her overall strength. Notre Dame, Louisville, Maryland, Penn State, Pitt, Arizona, Mississippi State, Boston College and Stanford are some of the schools actively recruiting Hidalgo.

PG Jaloni Cambridge
Ensworth High School (Tennessee)
New espnW 25 ranking: 2
Previous espnW 25 ranking: 13
Uncommitted

Cambridge had one of the most complete and winningest summers in recent memory. Not only did her FBC United The Family team win the Under Armour Championships, but she also was part of the USA U16 FIBA Americas team that won gold in Mexico, where she contributed 18 points and three assists in the gold-medal game vs. Canada.

Cambridge is energetic and competes with a confidence that is hard to match. She is constantly engaged and makes dynamic plays on the court. Her ballhandling skills help her break down her defender, which allows her to create for herself, or get defenses scrambling and rotating, which creates opportunities for her teammates.

She can shoot it from deep, reads the floor very well and is electric in transition. At 5-foot-6, her 3-point ability is key to keeping defenses honest and having opponents keep up with her. Defensively, she pressures the ball handler as well as anyone in the country. She is very effective in presses and help-side, as her quickness, speed and anticipation are well above average.

Cambridge came off a late high school season elbow injury and that kept her away from training and playing for some time, and her newfound focus and maturity upon her return led to a fantastic summer. Oregon, Texas, North Carolina, UCLA and Michigan are among the schools who are looking at Cambridge.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Most players/kids start from there belly to shoot. And this was a contest so she’s basically showing us her set shot. Looks good to me. As long as it goes in then I guess spectators like us shouldn’t care.
The shot she showed in the video may or not be her regular motion, however I would bet that it is the same shot she uses regularly, except maybe in a game of horse. The way she shoots currently may be OK for the competition she faces now, project to games in a big time college program playing against top defenders. using the same shot as shown, could be very problematic. I agree 100% that if her shot goes in with her current mechanics, I or anyone else will ever make a big deal about her mechanics.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In the summer Geno watched AAU squad U16 Lady Jets of Ohio and it was unclear who for. Thanks to a tip from Stoli we now know it was 2025 Keziah Lofton, a 5-11 guard from Oklahoma. Lofton is on ESPN's newly released watch list for '25.

Morgan Valley follows Lofton on IG.

Incidentally, Lofton was on the AAU team scheduled to play Kobe Bryant's daughter Gigi the day of the fatal crash.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Of the Top 10, 2 picked UConn, 2 are uncommitted...and the other 6 are all going to the same conference. :rolleyes:

interview-rolling-eyes.gif

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How many are going to Washington :eek:
Not surprisingly, none. They do have 3 top 100 though.

I know, this is the UConn recruiting thread. Sorry to derail. Just thought the top 10 was interesting. Maybe more interesting is that none for the SEC or ACC at this point.

Reaction Score
Not surprisingly, none. They do have 3 top 100 though.

I know, this is the UConn recruiting thread. Sorry to derail. Just thought the top 10 was interesting. Maybe more interesting is that none for the SEC or ACC at this point.
well, we are still in the Hunt for one Top ten and two top 20s who are doing official visits throughout the South. All three are basically choosing between SEC or ACC schools.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
well, we are still in the Hunt for one Top ten and two top 20s who are doing official visits throughout the South. All three are basically choosing between SEC or ACC schools.
It's all cyclical. Your team hasn't been struggling to bring in talent in recent classes.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Still, the Ducks will have a major recruiting fight on their hands.

Cunningham is set to visit Texas this weekend and is still planning trips to UConn, Duke and Notre Dame.
I did not know Paopao and Cunningham played together.

"Hailing from La Jolla Country Day School in Chula Vista, California, Cunningham and Paopao were teammates during the five-star recruit’s freshman year.

Going into the trip, she anticipated a reunion with her favorite point guard, but also came away with a strong bond to the entire program

“I really do like the players, staff and the culture that Oregon women’s basketball has,” she said."

Reaction Score

Still, the Ducks will have a major recruiting fight on their hands.

Cunningham is set to visit Texas this weekend and is still planning trips to UConn, Duke and Notre Dame.
Hopefully she’s there for the First Night

Reaction Score
It's all cyclical. Your team hasn't been struggling to bring in talent in recent classes.
Dawn dropped her little birdie in the nest tweet indicating we have one silent commitment. Don't know if it's '22 or '23.

Not a bit worried about struggling. Our roster is crowded and we won't be losing many after this year. The nucleus of our team is comprised of Juniors. If we only get one of Barker, Watkins or Cooper for '22, I'll be satisfied. I expect two. One of the two bigs plus Cooper at guard. Cordosa's transfer gave us plenty of bigs - for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom