Sept 1 Media Availability | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sept 1 Media Availability

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I wasn't sure, but I didn't think Ines had ever been to the US before. She's got a whole of a adjusting to do in the next few months.
What a leap of faith she took by committing to come to UConn WITHOUT setting foot on campus or the US. :)

Again.......congratulations to Geno and his staff for doing such a wonderful job in recruiting Ines and convincing her to come to Storrs.
I think it's a decision she will never regret. :cool:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wasn't sure, but I didn't think Ines had ever been to the US before. She's got a whole of a adjusting to do in the next few months.
What a leap of faith she took by committing to come to UConn WITHOUT setting foot on campus or the US. :)

Again.......congratulations to Geno and his staff for doing such a wonderful job in recruiting Ines and convincing her to come to Storrs.
I think it's a decision she will never regret. :cool:
It is a testament to the reputation of Geno Auriemma and UConn WBB that Ines would travel across an ocean to play for the Huskies without ever having stepped foot on campus. Amazing!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

That's a given. The only question we have as fans is "when, and against "who? :eek: You know with her hops, she going to flush a few this season and introduce herself to a few teams. The arena will go nuts be it home or away, but especially if the Huskies are at home. Basketball fans like the dunk!! Especially if it's contested, and somebody gets a "facial". :confused: And it WILL be on that evening's edition of Sports Center!!! WCBB players as a rule, just don't dunk that often. They don't do it that much in the WNBA. :cool:

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Any interpreters in Portuguese?
Penicheiro: Good luck, Inês!

To be a husky is a dream come true,
I couldn't refuse this offer. —Inês

It is the best achievement for a Portuguese woman
when it comes to American Universities. —Agostinho Pinto

I'm proud. For me, 21 was a lucky number and
I hope it will be for her, too.—Ticha Penicheiro

ETA- Google translate scrambles genders, and translates base
as base. It should be guard.

Reaction Score
It is a testament to the reputation of Geno Auriemma and UConn WBB that Ines would travel across an ocean to play for the Huskies without ever having stepped foot on campus. Amazing!!!
Couldn't agree more!

Reaction Score
oldude said:
'It is a testament to the reputation of Geno Auriemma and UConn WBB that Ines would travel across an ocean to play for the Huskies without ever having stepped foot on campus. Amazing!!!'

With the exception of her stint with Basketball without Borders Nika took the same path. She never visited Storrs, or for that matter any other colleges, before her trip over for freshman year. Anyone know if this is typical for European players? Did Svetlana ever visit before enrolling? Did Dorka make any visits before her time at the OSU, Lou before Fairfield?

Reaction Score
Penicheiro: Good luck, Inês!

To be a husky is a dream come true,
I couldn't refuse this offer. —Inês

It is the best achievement for a Portuguese woman
when it comes to American Universities. —Agostinho Pinto

I'm proud. For me, 21 was a lucky number and
I hope it will be for her, too.—Ticha Penicheiro

ETA- Google translate scrambles genders, and translates base
as base. It should be guard.
Thank you!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
oldude said:
'It is a testament to the reputation of Geno Auriemma and UConn WBB that Ines would travel across an ocean to play for the Huskies without ever having stepped foot on campus. Amazing!!!'

With the exception of her stint with Basketball without Borders Nika took the same path. She never visited Storrs, or for that matter any other colleges, before her trip over for freshman year. Anyone know if this is typical for European players? Did Svetlana ever visit before enrolling? Did Dorka make any visits before her time at the OSU, Lou before Fairfield?
With Nika, Geno went to her home . I know Nika had other colleges on her list and all of them made pitches in her home. Some were HC's and some were Assistants. She was ready to make the jump.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
oldude said:

Lou visited UConn for a weekend prior to transferring to UConn as a grad student.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom