Sept 1 Media Availability | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sept 1 Media Availability

Reaction Score
oldude said:
'It is a testament to the reputation of Geno Auriemma and UConn WBB that Ines would travel across an ocean to play for the Huskies without ever having stepped foot on campus. Amazing!!!'

With the exception of her stint with Basketball without Borders Nika took the same path. She never visited Storrs, or for that matter any other colleges, before her trip over for freshman year. Anyone know if this is typical for European players? Did Svetlana ever visit before enrolling? Did Dorka make any visits before her time at the OSU, Lou before Fairfield?

Svetlana never visited before enrolling. IIRC Chris Dailey did a lot of recruiting on the phone with her.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
I absolutely refuse to learn Portugese. Croatian and Hungarian are Mr. Smallbrain's limit.
Vai devagar. Não é assim tão difícil. Para falar bem ibérico/peninsular/português europeu, é preciso adquirir um gosto pelo bacalhau, preparado em muitas dezenas de maneiras.

Go slowly. It's not that hard. Oh! To speak good Iberian/peninsular/European Portuguese, you have to acquire a taste for cod, prepared many dozens of ways.

One bit of Brazilian Portuguese you'd appreciate: slang for cool, ok, nice is legal. In Brazil it's pronounced lay gowoo. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
With Nika, Geno went to her home . I know Nika had other colleges on her list and all of them made pitches in her home. Some were HC's and some were Assistants. She was ready to make the jump.
Actually one of them did not show up - Louisville or maybe just Jeff sent an underling.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Lou visited UConn for a weekend prior to transferring to UConn as a grad student.
Lou had me with her first Werth T-shirt interview. Classy and straight ahead. Told it straight. When UConn came calling they became her first priority. The questions are edited out, but one about being at UConn: "I think about it every time I enter the building [Werth]."

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Vai devagar. Não é assim tão difícil. Para falar bem ibérico/peninsular/português europeu, é preciso adquirir um gosto pelo bacalhau, preparado em muitas dezenas de maneiras.

Go slowly. It's not that hard. Oh! To speak good Iberian/peninsular/European Portuguese, you have to acquire a taste for cod, prepared many dozens of ways.

One bit of Brazilian Portuguese you'd appreciate: slang for cool, ok, nice is legal. In Brazil it's pronounced lay gowoo. :)
You are now her official translator and must attend all games sitting in the first row behind her.

Reaction Score
I was surprised to hear that Candace Parker has had 8 leg surgeries. Surprised because of how long she has played and how terrific she still is. Apparently, a leg/knee injury isn't the end of the road. Sue B. is another testament to that, and Stewie waited to get to the WNBA before having her first serious leg injury. Breanna, too, is playing like the best player in the world, which she is. Of course, some players never recover from leg ailments, but that's clearly no reason to believe that Paige can't come back as good as ever. She has once.
Note: anyone notice how much Ines looks like Caitlyn Clark facially and physically? Running down the court, pony-tail flying, you could confuse the two. Except, of course, that Ines may not be the next Clark (wink, wink).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom