Senior Night - livestream on UConn wbb’s Twitter and Facebook pages | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Senior Night - livestream on UConn wbb’s Twitter and Facebook pages

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

While Geno’s rule has always been that you get only one senior night at UConn, many of us had been hoping that Geno would allow Dorka a 2nd opportunity to be honored at senior night, particularly if her parents had the opportunity to make it over from Hungary, something they were not able to do last year.

With Dorka’s parents in attendance, I think we’re all delighted that Geno will allow Dorka a 2nd senior night with her parents, something that none of them will ever forget. In addition, Dorka has had a wonderful season, with the opportunity to top it off with a BE conference championship in front of the student body, a home crowd, her family and friends at Storrs. :)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
While Geno’s rule has always been that you get only one senior night at UConn, many of us had been hoping that Geno would allow Dorka a 2nd opportunity to be honored at senior night, particularly if her parents had the opportunity to make it over from Hungary, something they were not able to do last year.

With Dorka’s parents in attendance, I think we’re all delighted that Geno will allow Dorka a 2nd senior night with her parents, something that none of them will ever forget. In addition, Dorka has had a wonderful season, with the opportunity to top it off with a BE conference championship in front of the student body, a home crowd, her family and friends at Storrs. :)
Wondering if Dorka made the decision last year to enter the draft, therefore participate in Senior night, however her injury in the NCAAT changed things up for her? Either way, I'm glad Geno is letting her participate, and if her parents are there? Priceless.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wondering if Dorka made the decision last year to enter the draft, therefore participate in Senior night, however her injury in the NCAAT changed things up for her? Either way, I'm glad Geno changed things up, and if her parents are there? Priceless.
If that was her thought process, Dorka’s draft stock has certainly benefitted from the extra year at UConn. She’s demonstrated a much more well rounded game this season and is now projected as a late 1st round pick this year.

Reaction Score
I love watching both of them on the court. Lou driving the baseline is wonderful. Dorka diving for a loose ball is awe-inspiring. These women play to win!

And I think Dorka handling the ball around half court against the press is fantastic.

Reaction Score
CBS? Crap, last time they had a game you couldn't get it in North Carolina!

Reaction Score
One last thought about Dorka handling the ball around half court against presses: I suspect Jana is really encouraged when she watches her, because she also wants to play away from the low post. I would be surprised if Dorka isn't like a role model for her.

Reaction Score
Where can I find the stream of the ceremony honoring Lou and Dorka?
I don’t think there will be. However, I think last years was posted on YouTube a few days after.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
This was posted on Facebook:

Just little trip down memory lane for our graduate players
1f499.png

Dorka played her undergrad at Ohio State in just 3 seasons. On April 21, 2021 Dorka announced her commitment to play one year at UConn to study for her masters psychology. She scored her 1000th career point against UCLA last season and grabbed her 1000th career rebound this season against St John’s.
Dorka is currently at 1,538 points and 1,135 rebounds. She has 203 assists in her career, 74 from this season for far. She also has 136 career steals and 121 blocks.
Lou Lopez-Sénéchal announced that she would finish her last year of college eligibility on April 23, 2022 at UConn. She was the rock at Fairfield University scoring over 1000 career points before transferring. She was a two-time MAAC Player of the Year and earned a plethora of playing recognition. She scored her 2000th career point against Marquette early this month. She also surpassed the 500 career rebound mark as well.
Starting and playing in every single game this season, Lou has been the rock of this Husky roster. Lou is currently at 2078 career points, 563 career rebounds, 200 assists, and 119 steals.
UConn has never had two graduate students their roster at the same time, that I can think of. These two have created a new player legacy in the short time in their Husky uniforms. The transfer portal has its perks and these two stars have been game changers!
1f4f8.png
Lou & Dorka’s instagrams

UConn seniors.jpg

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
What was I thinking - Senior night, Nika potentially breaking Sue's assist record, and I'm having family dinner here with my parents from MA, daughter, SIL, 3 g-kids, and 2 g-dogs. :eek: TG for replays and DVRs

Reaction Score
What was I thinking - Senior night, Nika potentially breaking Sue's assist record, and I'm having family dinner here with my parents from MA, daughter, SIL, 3 g-kids, and 2 g-dogs. :eek: TG for replays and DVRs

Somebody goofed on the scheduling for sure!!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Nope, I have CBS Sports app on Roku bit it does not have the game.
Must be that your tv provider doesn't offer CBSSN in your tv package. That's the only thing that I can think of.
I tried to use cbssports.com to access it and it made me download their app (I'm using my phone) and login using my tv provider credentials.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom