Senior night ceremony poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Senior night ceremony poll

Which do you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing, but if I remember correctly, no one mentioned the (Georgetown) game, it was all about (and rightfully so) their 4 years at UConn.
I liked the change.
I was thinking the same thing, but if I remember correctly, no one mentioned the (Georgetown) game, it was all about (and rightfully so) their 4 years at UConn.
I liked the change.

I should have used a :rolleyes: emoji to indicate I was being ironic.

Reaction Score
Loved it! Only thing better would be to do it on a Saturday when I could have attended ;-)

sun

Reaction Score
It would be agony for the parents if a senior got seriously hurt during the game & couldn't participate afterward.

Reaction Score
It would be agony for the parents if a senior got seriously hurt during the game & couldn't participate afterward.
Hmmm, I didn't think of that and given an unlimited amount of time it's bound to happen. Of course parents would be very upset whether it was senior night or not. Senior night, near the end of a college career, would just make the optics worse.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A player can fall on some ice outside of Gampel. Life is full of risks

A lot of our injured were hurt in practices, maybe they should cancel practices too

Reaction Score
A player can fall on some ice outside of Gampel. Life is full of risks

A lot of our injured were hurt in practices, maybe they should cancel practices too
I voted for after the game in the poll and, yes, accidents can happen anytime but I can see Sun's point. Not just an injury during the game but an exceptionally poor performance by either an individual player or the team as whole would certainly impact not just the specific senior but the team as a whole. I would guess, to avoid those risks may have been a key factor in the past decision to have the ceremony pregame. It is such a special moment for each of the seniors, their parents and teammates/coaches, as well as us fans, that an injury during the game ( if the ceremony is post-game ) would be, quite definitely, devastating.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
One minor problem. What if, God forbid, UConn loses the game. That might cast a pall on the whole ceremony.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling some people would actually agree with this. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
One minor problem. What if, God forbid, UConn loses the game. That might cast a pall on the whole ceremony.
Couldn't the opposite also be true? Fans want to celebrate a win to cap off the day. Either way, a loss numbs the experience overall in my opinion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That seems too extreme. Instead maybe they should just use different practice uniforms:
IMG_1688.jpeg

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I like the change.

But the whole experience reminds me how incredibly spoiled we’ve been with the team’s 30 year run of unparalleled success.

I might be wrong, hope I’m wrong, but I would think senior night for Xavier this year won’t be/wasn’t particularly joyful.

Reaction Score
After the game was a great idea!! Only thing better would be to put it on a weekend!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom