Senior night ceremony poll | The Boneyard

Senior night ceremony poll

Which do you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Last night the University of Connecticut tradition by hosting their senior night ceremonies after the game rather than before it. I wasn't sure about the choice, but I thought it worked out very well. I particularly liked the fact that having the ceremony after the game allowed it to be more relaxed and gave every senior opportunity to address the crowd. I'm curious what everyone else thought.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I also liked it. For the players, it let them stay focused on the game, and then celebrate (and get weepy!) afterwards. Last night was a challenge time-wise, as there's only so much time pre-game, and as Geno said, if they had done it beforehand, folks would still be arriving, and that potentially would include the families of seniors. They played the Canadian, Croatian, and US national anthems before the game, so imagine if they then rushed through the managers and players event? It also allowed the seniors to address the crowd afterwards.

Reaction Score
I don't always like change, but I ended up preferring having the ceremony after the game. It wasn't rushed and allowed for all the players to speak to the crowd. There was also no impact on play at the start of the game from the emotion of the ceremony.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Also like that they did it on a Friday night rather than the last home game at Gampel which is a Wednesday night. For all the goofy fans of other teams scratching their heads about why Senior Night was last night, it was for the benefit of the families. The families have the opportunity to spend the weekend with the players and some can stay for Monday's afternoon game on the holiday.

Reaction Score
I like after the game, except may worry some people are leaving.

Reaction Score
I thought it was a good decision and going forward it's a better way to do senior night. I was there and feel most everybody stayed throughout the ceremony. There were young girls with their families on either side of us and each was able to get various giveaways and autographs immediately postgame and again after the ceremony. I have no doubt that they have no complaints about the format change!

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Do it again on February 28th!

Reaction Score
prefer after, just have it on a Saturday at 2 then have plenty of time to hang after for everyone.

Reaction Score
prefer after, just have it on a Saturday at 2 then have plenty of time to hang after for everyone.
Thats what Geno said. Maybe they will think about that when they are making out the schedule.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn basketball leads the way again...
Great Idea..so nice to see the players relaxed and close-up front!!
Nobody was MIKE shy and were very lady like and professional!!!
I'm curious to see if the Men adopt it as well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thats what Geno said. Maybe they will think about that when they are making out the schedule.
UConn is assigned dates and teams by the Big East schedulers and TV assigns the time

Reaction Score
Lot of empty seats, especially in the higher levels, lots.. Ceremony was nice but old school here and liked the drama and emotions before the game and liked it when the other team tended to watch the proceedings, which typically worked in our favor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom