Senegal vs USA - 9/22/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Senegal vs USA - 9/22/18

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Summary article. Status of BG seems to be ok.

U.S. women sputter early, find way in FIBA rout

The U.S. was without Brittney Griner on Saturday after she tweaked her ankle in practice. She is listed as day to day, but Griner said she wasn't worried about the injury, joking that they turned on the gravity in the gym and that's why she injured her ankle.

Had it been an elimination game, the Americans' star center says she would have been on the court.

"Even if I lost the whole leg I would have played," Griner said, smiling.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Summary article. Status of BG seems to be ok.

U.S. women sputter early, find way in FIBA rout

The U.S. was without Brittney Griner on Saturday after she tweaked her ankle in practice. She is listed as day to day, but Griner said she wasn't worried about the injury, joking that they turned on the gravity in the gym and that's why she injured her ankle.

Had it been an elimination game, the Americans' star center says she would have been on the court.

"Even if I lost the whole leg I would have played," Griner said, smiling.

A true Taurasi protege'.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
joking that they turned on the gravity in the gym and that's why she injured her ankle

That's funny, I've never heard that before. Kinda like the old school shenanigans of cranking up the a.c. or heat in a visitor's locker room to make things nice and uncomfortable. Darned gravity will get you every time.

Reaction Score
We beat Senegal by 50 in the exhibition game and by 20 today. Who would like to explain the difference?

Griner played in the first game. Didn’t play in this one. She’s an intimidating presence on defense. Teams tend to look for a lower percentage shot when she’s parked in the paint. There’s no 3-sec rule in FIBA basketball, so she can go where she wants with no worries.

Plus, Senegal brought the energy early in this game (smacked them in the mouth) and had the USA on its heels.

That’s the best I could come up without seeing the first game they played.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I recall a trip to Italy on which Tiffany shot something like 9 for 8 in one game. I was very impressed.
That is impressive. That last shot must have been through quantum biilocation.

Reaction Score
09869DF1-7DF4-4EF1-8746-6C52FFB64F59.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom