semi-OT, WNBA players off court actions hurts the league image | Page 2 | The Boneyard

semi-OT, WNBA players off court actions hurts the league image

Reaction Score
I wonder if that "apple falling from the tree" is in play here?

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Whether I agree or disagree, the word "t**g" is a prohibited word on this message board. I am surprised no Mod has torn this thread apart yet. It will happen.

See Board Rules above: "Don't trash the kids that play the games, no matter what team. This includes use of the word "thug", which is a particular dislike of mine. (HuskyNan) We're taking about young women, not hardened criminals. Criticizing a play or player is fine, but there's no need whatsoever to get personal about it."
I think that applies to games. Getting into a private life fist fight kinda defines the word thug.

Reaction Score
Whether I agree or disagree, the word "t**g" is a prohibited word on this message board. I am surprised no Mod has torn this thread apart yet. It will happen.

See Board Rules above: "Don't trash the kids that play the games, no matter what team. This includes use of the word "thug", which is a particular dislike of mine. (HuskyNan) We're taking about young women, not hardened criminals. Criticizing a play or player is fine, but there's no need whatsoever to get personal about it."
May I ask, what was the purpose of posting the err...conflict in the first place?
Seems to me you’ve already let the horse out of the barn.
What was the expected commentary?
“ Nice right jab?”
Or “way to move around the ring ( parking lot)?”
I’m off of this thread.

Reaction Score
May I ask, what was the purpose of posting the err...conflict in the first place?
Seems to me you’ve already let the horse out of the barn.
What was the expected commentary?
“ Nice right jab?”
Or “way to move around the ring ( parking lot)?”
I’m off of this thread.
Me too.

Reaction Score
If you want to attach a perceived racial profile to the word “thug” then that’s on you.
YOU raise the specter of this ( predominant white men interjection) without a vapor of fact.
Where I come from, the term ‘thug’ is ascribed to a certain type of behavior.
As in thuggish-lowbrow, bullying, physically aggressive strong arming with shades of criminality.
Some say tomato.
Some say tom-a-toe.
Put it this way.
We weren’t watching a performance of Swan Lake.
If YOU don't want to care about the words you use, that's on you. If anyone fricken paid attention to the BLM movement of last year, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.

Adesmar123

Reaction Score
If YOU don't want to care about the words you use, that's on you. If anyone fricken paid attention to the BLM movement of last year, you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.
I wish there were some authoritative source for words that, while part of the English language, are unacceptable for use because some people are offended. I , for example, am horrified by the term "fried eggs".

Reaction Score
I wish there were some authoritative source for words that, while part of the English language, are unacceptable for use because some people are offended. I , for example, am horrified by the term "fried eggs".
With that comment, you don't deserve to have Fred Rogers as your avatar.

Reaction Score
You didn’t finish the story line.

5. Get released by the team ( unsigned)
6. Stigmatize yourself
7. Destroy off court earnings potential
8. Lose negotiating leverage
9. Fade awayyyyyy...
Great points Stymie. The Dream can and will recover. Question is can these women?

Reaction Score
For me it's "caucus", that word makes me think of vomit - just repulsive and offensive. Let's add it to the list, also.

Adesmar123

Reaction Score
For me it's "caucus", that word makes me think of vomit - just repulsive and offensive. Let's add it to the list, also.
It's one big fried egg caucus! And I for one am offended and outraged!

Reaction Score
Not a single one of you, probably predominantly white men, understands what she's experienced where she would be so inclined to fight like this. Guess what - it probably wasn't great! Y'all acting like she did this on purpose to purport fame or something. Disgusting. She's being held accountable for her actions and that's all we should expect, but the harsh judgment and ugly commentary is unwarranted.
probably predominantly white men? Are you serious?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you want to attach a perceived racial profile to the word “thug” then that’s on you.
YOU raise the specter of this ( predominant white men interjection) without a vapor of fact.
Where I come from, the term ‘thug’ is ascribed to a certain type of behavior.
As in thuggish-lowbrow, bullying, physically aggressive strong arming with shades of criminality.
Some say tomato.
Some say tom-a-toe.
Put it this way.
We weren’t watching a performance of Swan Lake.
Well said ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom