Semi-OT: Drummond Being Sued for Libel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Semi-OT: Drummond Being Sued for Libel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay, you've got lawyer issues.
You bet I do. Big ones. Most of the plaintiffs lawyers I deal with on a regular basis are scum who will lie, misrepresent, cheat, game the system, and otherwise do anything that's not provably over the ethics lines to make money.
Oh, and I am a lawyer, so my "lawyer" issues come from many, many years of experience.
This lawyer is scum - my supersensitive scum meter is bouncing off the max scale setting.

Reaction Score
You seem a bit out of your mind. The lawyer was a bit flowery
After you posted this ignorant drivel @8893 linked to disciplinary action against the scum. Go read it. The guy is filth. He's a liar and a cheat, just like I smelled out before 8893 posted the link. Then come back and apologize, and stop being such a contentious clown.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You bet I do. Big ones. Most of the plaintiffs lawyers I deal with on a regular basis are scum who will lie, misrepresent, cheat, game the system, and otherwise do anything that's not provably over the ethics lines to make money.
Oh, and I am a lawyer, so my "lawyer" issues come from many, many years of experience.
This lawyer is scum - my supersensitive scum meter is bouncing off the max scale setting.
Good for you.

Keep up the good work.

Reaction Score
I just finished reading the complaint. Looks like Michigan is a notice-pleading state. Too bad. It's a horse- concept that somebody can haul you into court after investing only 5 pages into the case.
The best thing that could happen to litigation in this country is a changing of the standard for reimbursing victorious defendants for attorney fees. The standard now is "almost never."

Reaction Score
Good for you. Keep up the good work.
Thanks pal-o. You too. Perhaps you should run for judge, because jumping to conclusions based on notice-plead garbage complaint from a 2 year probation scumbag attorney is exactly what the judiciary is begging for in this country.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I just finished reading the complaint. Looks like Michigan is a notice-pleading state. Too bad. It's a horse- concept that somebody can haul you into court after investing only 5 pages into the case.
The best thing that could happen to litigation in this country is a changing of the standard for reimbursing victorious defendants for attorney fees. The standard now is "almost never."
Connecticut is a fact pleading state and that complaint easily survives dispositive motions here.

Agree with you that the prevailing party paying legal fees would be a change for the good. The "American Rule" is one of the things I think we got wrong.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks pal-o. You too. Perhaps you should run for judge, because jumping to conclusions based on notice-plead garbage complaint from a 2 year probation scumbag attorney is exactly what the judiciary is begging for in this country.
You have misread my post, among other things.

Reaction Score
Connecticut is a fact pleading state and that complaint easily survives dispositive motions here.
PA is a fact pleading state, and I'd have that crap punted on POs with about 1 hour billed. Sure they could refile, but it's important to get them to lay down as much as their hand as possible in a sworn complaint before replying.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
PA is a fact pleading state, and I'd have that crap punted on POs with about 1 hour billed. Sure they could refile, but it's important to get them to lay down as much as their hand as possible in a sworn complaint before replying.
That is a sworn complaint. I haven't handled a PA state case in almost 20 years, but that would have survived easily then.

It's not even close here. Even a request to revise would very likely be denied.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Well, we can save the court costs on this one!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
You two should find a room. Many of us are just plain ole basketball fans here. Reading your technical jousts is Chapple talk to me.

Court jester uno and court jester duecey yackity yack on oneanddone huskypup's auto thoughto's. Need more round ball during dog days. Starting 5 lawyers? Bilas?

Reaction Score
You two should find a room. Many of us are just plain ole basketball fans here. Reading your technical jousts is Chapple talk to me.

A courtroom perhaps with a panel of judges: Jusge Deepster, Judge Swami, Judge Fishy and Judge Judy.

Reaction Score

To be fair, the entire text of the OP’s post consisted of a link and one question:
“Where are our Boneyard lawyers?”

… and then they all scampered out of the woodwork like roaches.

Full disclosure: I am also a roach. At first I found the jurisdictional and legal issues intriguing, until it all devolved into yet another episode of Boneyard infighting, which seems typical these days.

My legal advice for Andre: do NOT read the Boneyard.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
OkaForPrez said:
Court jester uno and court jester duecey yackity yack on oneanddone huskypup's auto thoughto's. Need more round ball during dog days. Starting 5 lawyers? Bilas?

Chap?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Maritime law here.

Andre, if you ever get into trouble on the high seas, give Chereth Cutestory a call!
What's it like sleeping with a blind chick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom