Semi-OT: Cal Goes off on Dan Patrick | The Boneyard

Semi-OT: Cal Goes off on Dan Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Cal is right on this one. The platoon had nothing to do with why they lost to Wisconsin. They basically only went 7 deep in that game. Dakari and Lee combined for only 13 minutes. Ulis played 17 and Booker played 19.

They lost because Cal sucks as an X's and O's coach and always will.

Reaction Score
Cal is a colossal d---- bag. Plain and simple. I'm not the biggest DP fan but he was legit asking basic questions, not trying to pigeon hole him or make a statement with his questions and Cal just decided to publicly show once again why he is one big time jerk. I mean was there really any point in calling out DP's playing career and telling him he sucked as a player? That was so irrelevant in the matters, its not even like DP said anything about his playing career. And Squid man, just dodges responsibility, always an excuse, always hides behind this mirage that he just loves his players so much and sometimes there is nothing that can be done, and they are all so talented and oh it was the platoon idea from the beginning of the year that screwed me not the thousands of decisions in the final four game that made that lost you that game. SO sick of his tired act. what a slime ball.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see how UK does in SEC this year, both LSU and Miss St will be pretty good.

Reaction Score
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...alipari-dan-patrick-show-interview-platooning

“I don’t know. We didn’t go seven deep. We went ten deep and then we went nine deep,” Calipari said. “We almost won 40 games. And we were given a tough path in the NCAAs. Playing Notre Dame and Wisconsin, come on. Think about our path there.”

What a whiner. Someone want to tell him that you always have to beat really good teams to win the National Championship?

Reaction Score
UK fans say it's all a joke that their old friends

Reaction Score
I can't listen to Patrick's show. They try hard to be cool and funny and they are neither. Francesca is going off Fox TV as is Don Imus ( gone already). Mike is a great horse expert in his own mind because I guess he owned a horse once.

Reaction Score
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...alipari-dan-patrick-show-interview-platooning

“I don’t know. We didn’t go seven deep. We went ten deep and then we went nine deep,” Calipari said. “We almost won 40 games. And we were given a tough path in the NCAAs. Playing Notre Dame and Wisconsin, come on. Think about our path there.”

What a whiner. Someone want to tell him that you always have to beat really good teams to win the National Championship?

So what is it?

Cuse fans and writer Mike Waters (of the Syracuse paper) said our path was fluky. Well ... we certainly had a tougher path than UK this year (St. Joseph's, Villanova, Iowa State, Michigan State, Florida, Kentucky in 2014 ... and in 2011); and they are willing to give us NO credit. Fluky.

or ... does this wunderbar team with immense depth get to say that they were GREAT but they had a fluky hard path.

This is the Sport. Go find another one if you don't like the penultimate Champion. You win 6 ... you are the best.

Reaction Score
there's something wrong with calipari. he tries to act like he doesn't care what anyone thinks, but he cares more than anyone what everyone thinks.

not winning a national championship last year absolutely tore him up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The headline didn't equal the payoff there.

That wasn't a testy exchange.

Calipari is a lot like Pitino - he has a script and a narrative and no matter what the question is, he's going to lay out the narrative.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Now that was some top of the line, sure fire double talk.

I will never platoon again.
It was totally logical, based on my lovin' on my kids, to platoon.
It messed them up but it didn't hurt them.
Cal doesn't have a center, a genuine no BS Cal. He is his obfuscations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom