Semi-OT: Akinjo Recruitment | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Semi-OT: Akinjo Recruitment

Reaction Score
So we can put to bed the "he wants to stay out west" meme. Basically, he's available. No idea what Hurley thinks.
The only thing that would explain Hurley showing little interest in Akinjo is that Hurley is confident he’ll land Lecque and Silverio

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The only thing that would explain Hurley showing little interest in Akinjo is that Hurley is confident he’ll land Lecque and Silverio

I'd take Akinjo over Silverio. Unless you are talking a package deal, then yeah L and S. There's plenty of guards out there, but a guy like Akinjo really is good for our needs.

Silverio seems like a mid major guy. Maybe he's improved? idk

Reaction Score
I'd take Akinjo over Silverio. Unless you are talking a package deal, then yeah L and S. There's plenty of guards out there, but a guy like Akinjo really is good for our needs.

Silverio seems like a mid major guy. Maybe he's improved? idk
Yea I was assuming Silverio would come as a package with Lecque. I think Silverio is every bit at the level CV was when he committed

Reaction Score
Hurley didn't have interest in the other two, he had interest in Akinjo. It's Akinjo's call.

Reaction Score
Weak argument. Recruits knew that Calhoun was retiring, UCONN was facing sanctions and no postseason, and UCONN was stuck in
realignment limbo with a neophyte coach. That affected recruiting big time, but guys like Kemba, Drummond, and Lamb had an impact on UCONN getting Hamilton, Adams, Purvis, and Gilbert due to 5 star talents like Kemba, Daniels, and Drummond being visible in recruits minds as recent 5 star talents who were successful at UCONN.
Exactly

Reaction Score
For those that care, Eric Bossi of Rivals said Akinjo cancelled his Tennessee visit and he's hearing it will be Arizona.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's my point, if that's what you think - you are ridiculous
considering you are the biggest defender and apologist of ollie on this board, what else is there to assume.

Reaction Score
For those that care, Eric Bossi of Rivals said Akinjo cancelled his Tennessee visit and he's hearing it will be Arizona.
So I am wondering if Ollie is going to get a job over at Arizona?

Reaction Score
Touchè. I was under the impression he was open to being recruited by Hurley.
I'm sure everyone is "open" to being recruited but seeing Hurley has made it public knowledge that he is focusing on New England and the Mid-Atlantic, Akinjo saw the writing on the wall.

Reaction Score
Didn't they just report more pay for recruits info at Zona?

Is it possible that Zona might face serious allegations or are those only reserved for UConn?

Reaction Score
Didn't they just report more pay for recruits info at Zona?

Is it possible that Zona might face serious allegations or are those only reserved for UConn?

Nothing new. The Sean Miller stuff has not been corroborated anywhere outside of ESPN. They do still have the Book Richardson stuff, but pretty nebulous when that will be resolved both legally and then from NCAA.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Arizona visit cancelled. Looks like it'll be Georgetown.

Weird, didn't Georgetown just stop by at one point while they were already out there?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Georgetown Twitter has been saying they really need a pure point. Might be a good fit for him there.

C

Chief00

Chief wishes Akinjo the best - of all the Blaze recruits though the one who I think is very underrated is Mathews. He has the potential to be very good on both ends. He can shoot and he is athletic. Two things that go a long ways in today’s game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom