Semi-OT: Akinjo Recruitment | The Boneyard

Semi-OT: Akinjo Recruitment

Reaction Score
Patrick Ewing was the first head coach to see Akinjo after his release and the Hoyas look to be well-positioned but Arizona looks to be the team to beat. The Wildcats only have six scholarship players returning to next year's squad, and the idea of 25-plus minutes per game as a freshman could be very enticing to Akinjo.

We might be seeing Akinjo in Hartford come December.

GOAZCATS.com - Twitter Tuesday: Villanova, James Akinjo, Virginia, Ohio State

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Can't he do better than Zona's situation?

Would love to see him go to Wichita (if not UConn, obviously).

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Honestly at this point I could care less about akinjo.to much good happening to worry about a decommitt who was recruited by the previous staff.

Reaction Score
Honestly at this point I could care less about akinjo.to much good happening to worry about a decommitt who was recruited by the previous staff.
c5d50ad9f8aceb6a738c8500dbbdc262877578a4643bf444d5c4b8107ab593d8.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Last week, Akinjo hosted head coaches from UNLV, California, Tennessee and Georgetown for in-home visits. The offers haven’t stopped either as Wichita State, Gonzaga, Arizona, Florida State and Baylor are just a few that have come in recently.

Not a bad list for a "meh" recruit by KO
Maybe there was a place for him here, would love to know what approach Coach DH took with this kid, if anything at all
Must have some upside for these programs to be interested

Reaction Score
Last week, Akinjo hosted head coaches from UNLV, California, Tennessee and Georgetown for in-home visits. The offers haven’t stopped either as Wichita State, Gonzaga, Arizona, Florida State and Baylor are just a few that have come in recently.

Maybe there was a place for him here, would love to know what approach Coach Coach Hurley took with this kid, if anything at all

Definitely does, but this is more about a decent guard becoming available this late in the recruiting cycle.

Reaction Score

Maybe there was a place for him here, would love to know what approach Coach Coach Hurley took with this kid, if anything at all
He decommitted because he wanted to be here with KO. Let's move on we knew we were going to lose him no matter what. Like other's said one 4* borderline top 100 recruit isn't going to make or break our year. Trust in DH that he can get some decent players in who will buy into what he is selling is the key.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I dare you to find one post saying he wasn’t a good recruit.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What’s your point? That Ollie should have stayed?
Yeah, that's my point, if that's what you think - you are ridiculous

Reaction Score

Good lord, now you're calling him a "meh" recruit.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I dare you to find one post saying he wasn’t a good recruit.
plenty have said that the 3 recruits were below top 100 and not worth crying over losing
I am pointing out that a lot of quality programs are after this kid and would love to know what Coach DH's approach, if any, was in this case.
I don't play I dare you games - think I stopped that 50 years ago

Reaction Score
plenty have said that the 3 recruits were below top 100 and not worth crying over losing
I am pointing out that a lot of quality programs are after this kid and would love to know what Coach Coach Hurley's approach, if any, was in this case.
This is bad even for you.

Reaction Score
I am pointing out that a lot of quality programs are after this kid and would love to know what Coach Coach Hurley's approach, if any, was in this case.
Akinjo asked for his release before Hurley was even hired, but don't let the facts get in the way of your passive-aggressive arguments that Hurley doesn't know what he's doing.

Reaction Score
Interesting story-line if the Wildcats with Akinjo and/or Kisunas play at UCONN next season.

Reaction Score
Good school, yes. In the class of Stanford absolutely not.
Wasn't saying it is. But if he wants to major in engineering and/or play in a tougher conference, GT is a good choice.

And Atlanta is exploding in growth, lots of opportunities there post-college.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

While there is some indication that Hurley wanted to move on from Kisunas, and maybe Matthews, there is no indication that that is the case with Akinjo. It's very doubtful that Hurley wouldn't want him. Unlike the other two, Akinjo decommitted before Hurley was announced.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
People didn’t say all 3. Mathews and Kisunas were below 100. Haven’t seen one person say they don’t want Akinjo back.

Reaction Score
Seems to me Akinjo is set on being 'the guy', we'll see how successful he is at that day 1 as a freshman. Wouldn't be shocked to see him at Arizona as they're usually good and he'd slot right in at PG. He probably doesn't want to come here and be behind Adams and maybe Gilbert on day 1.

That's been a problem for us for awhile, guys will only come here if they'll be our only guy at that position. Seems other teams are able to get a stable of guys to want to come for some reason

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom