Selection show thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Selection show thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wonder if ESPN talking heads will be able to pronounce Quinnipiac properly by gametime :cool:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
And how about the UConn segment? Basically made us look like failures for not being able to beat ND.

It started with the intro...What did he say, call us "ordinary" ?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Huh? The duke team that UConn crushed?
I see that we still disagree on that. If healthy, Duke was clearly the 5 team. ND is the 2 team. On paper, Duke looks more talented. On the court, ND gets more out of their talent than any team I can recall. I don't think Duke will beat ND, but their A game against ND's B game would make it competitive.

We crushed just about everyone but the 1 and 2 teams. Neither Duke nor Stanford is as bad as we made them look.

Reaction Score
And how about the UConn segment? Basically made us look like failures for not being able to beat ND.

Than showed a segment how we were 5-0 vs top 5 teams with Maya but thats gone down the last 2 seasons. Yeah no duh, she and Tina graduated in 2010 and we are not as good as a result? Weird.

Had no problem. Relevant items I thought.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
IMO Stanford got the worst of it. Who wants to play their biggest conference rival in the regional final. I really hate that they did that to them.

Reaction Score
IMO ND has the most difficult path to the Final Four. #2 Duke, #3 TA&M, #4 SC, plus potentially having to play in Iowa on their home court. There were some strange seedings too. I really don't understand why Dayton was pushed down to a #7, plus they have to play ST John's at home. What a reward for having their best season ever!. Good luck you guys. I expect you will make it to NO!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
IMO Stanford got the worst of it. Who wants to play their biggest conference rival in the regional final. I really hate that they did that to them.

we will have to play ND again...in the semis....again

Reaction Score
IMO ND has the most difficult path to the Final Four. #2 Duke, #3 TA&M, #4 SC, plus potentially having to play in Iowa on their home court. There were some strange seedings too. I really don't understand why Dayton was pushed down to a #7, plus they have to play ST John's at home. What a reward for having their best season ever!. Good luck you guys. I expect you will make it to NO!

Dayton had 2 good wins -a DePaul and Vanderbilt. A so-so loss to st joes, and a baaaaaad loss to bowling green. The rest of their schedule stunk. Going unbeaten against it was not a huge accomplishment.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
No; it was only Rebecca's player analysis, wasn't it? She did that on several players.

well, ok. It was Kara's player analysis, but it was something.
and with the expectations set so high this year, what else to call this season? Certainly not disappointing, but because we missed out on the BE championships, some are thinking a less than stellar season. Certainly, it is a season that UConn fans are not used to seeing.
Ordinary? well, I am not going to worry about what other folks call this season....

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Why are they wanting someone to "take down Baylor?" Is that going to be the theme of the tourney? (-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom