Selection Monday Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Selection Monday Thoughts

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We are UConn with 3 AA's and one definite player up for NPOY. Looking at how teams finished the season UConn is more improved and playing much better then any other team in the top 6. Our OOC schedule was played before we had a big and before our underclassman were developed. UConn didnt loose to inferior teams and some other top 6 teams have. UConn beat who they shouldve beat. Right now I like our chances of winning a NC better then any other team because of ONO and the development of the rest of our team. We have played great with Lou out. We have learned how to step up and not defer to upperclassman with Lou out. We are gonna be a very very tuff out. The past 2 seasons we lost in the FF because our opponents lived at the foul line and it wasnt close. That bothers me alot.

Coming down to the FF I have to wonder if not healthy how will LVille fair. How will ND fair with their lack of good defense. Right now UConn has answered some questions that fans had earlier in the season and the 2 biggest are height and the youngings stepping up. Both have happened No more over playing the Big 3 as we have other scorers. Look for Megan Walker and CW to step up big.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How can we be a number 1 seed when we have the 31st ranked strength of schedule and 5 of the other schools are in the top 10? Notre dame is 1, Baylor is 3, Louisville is 5, Stanford is 7 and Oregon is 9. Only Mississippi State is ranked worse than us. I would be disappointed to be a 2 seed, but not surprised.
I’ve said before that if this was all based on SOS, some bright young computer programmer could write a program to spit out all 64 teams, fill in a bracket and there would be no need for a Selection Committee.

Reaction Score
How can UConn not be "on the rise" at the end of any season when you play in the AAC? They have definitely improved, but not against top competition. I think UConn gets the third overall number 1 seed. Not sure who that 2 seed will be though.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It appears UConn is not a #1 seed and that their path to the final is incredibly difficult.

Reaction Score
No, unfortunately we don’t. :(

After the bracket is announced tomorrow night, the only thing UConn can control is how they play. I believe if the Huskies play their best, that will be enough.
If the improvement I have seen is accurate; coombs provides D off the bench, ONO, (if foul free) is a force on D in the post, with a move or 2 up her sleeves. C.Willims could have a Stewie spike as could Walker, The Solid play of the 3 is enough to carry most teams. KLS and Collier are on missions. KLS and Precious would do most anything to make this another NC team. Danger, right now is the best PG in WCBB. Uconn is in good shape, time shall tell. Yea, Im cheering this team, that's what Uconn fans have done for a century or more and 35 years or so with Geno et al.
I have stated this often: I do not need a FF or NC to know how great this team is and what they have done for my spirits this year. They will go down in MY memory as one of the greatest in terms of personnel and heart. NOW KLS--Collier--Danger--CW--Megan--ONO--Coombs--go get em"

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme said that Miss St winning the SEC Tournament elevated them to a #1 seed and apparently Louisville was going to be a #1 seed no matter what.

Reaction Score
It appears UConn is not a #1 seed and that their path to the final is incredibly difficult.

I only bury my friends or morn over them ---AFTER they are dead. Until they lose (maybe this decade or next) they are on another road to the NC. Difficult ? When has it really been easy, even in the Stewie era, Uconn still had to play the games--and I chewed my nails to the first joint.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I only bury my friends or morn over them ---AFTER they are dead. Until they lose (maybe this decade or next) they are on another road to the NC. Difficult ? When has it really been easy, even in the Stewie era, Uconn still had to play the games--and I chewed my nails to the first joint.

UConn's had far, far easier paths. Of course, perhaps something beyond strange will happen and ND or Louisville will get knocked off early.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Where do you get that UConn is not a #1 seed? Creme and everyone else has UConn as the #1 seed in the Albany Region.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Where do you get that UConn is not a #1 seed? Creme and everyone else has UConn as the #1 seed in the Albany Region.

The committee's bracket has been revealed.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Yes I see that now. So long as UConn is in Albany, I’m fine with the draw, even with the Huskies as a #2.

Having to face Maryland in the 3rd round is not ideal. Having to defeat Louisville and Notre Dame back-to-back to get to the title game is less than ideal.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Having to face Maryland in the 3rd round is not ideal. Having to defeat Louisville and Notre Dame back-to-back to get to the title game is less than ideal.
Who would you rather play? Ms St? Stanford? Oregon? UConn is going to have to play several really good teams to make it to the finals any way you cut it.

Look at it another way. Do you think Brenda or Jeff are thrilled to be in the Albany Region?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would rather face #3 Maryland than #4 Oregon State. Maryland plays a weak schedule & struggles against top teams. Maybe UCONN getting the #2 seed is a blessing!
And Scott Rueck is one of the top coaches in the country. He took out Baylor in TX in the Elite 8 in 2016 and stunned the LV’s in the 2nd round in Knoxville last year.

Reaction Score
And Scott Rueck is one of the top coaches in the country. He took out Baylor in TX in the Elite 8 in 2016 and stunned the LV’s in the 2nd round in Knoxville last year.
True! And don't be surprised if Oregon State beats Louisville again this year.

Reaction Score
They would have to beat bothe most likely even if we were a number one and Louisville were 2

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They would have to beat bothe most likely even if we were a number one and Louisville were 2

Because of the way the rest of the brackets were set up, yes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom