Selection Monday sneak peek: Final 8 under consideration (ESPN, Sun 5p ET) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Selection Monday sneak peek: Final 8 under consideration (ESPN, Sun 5p ET)

Reaction Score
Nebraska was the one team that Creme had but the committee didn't. So is Nebraska in or out?

Since the committee has Purdue among its final 8, I strongly suspect Nebraska must be in.

Nebraska has gotta be in. Travesty if they're not.
In the last month, they have beaten Iowa twice, @ Rutgers, Purdue, Michigan
With 3 close losses to Maryland and against Indiana.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I guess that is telling UALR that they have to win or go home.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Rebecca spreading the bible according to Gabby. "The most unique player in the game. Can do things no other player can do" :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'd say this is not good news for Rutgers.

Minnesota _has_ to be ahead of them. The Gophers did a lot better (11-5 vs 7-9) against similar competition (the conference).

Combined with Buffalo, that's 2 of the 4 spots IMHO.
I agree that Minnesota is ahead of Rutgers but I believe the margin is slim. Their seasons were inverse images of each other. If you ignore the dates on which the games took place, they are very even.

Rutgers started out extremely strong, going 16-2 in its first 18 games against a strong schedule, and was even in the top 16 in the committee's first reveal in late January, but then fizzled in the second half of the season. They lost 10 out of their last 14 games. Really testing the committee's tolerance for a bad finish.

Minnesota played a dismal nonconference schedule and lost to San Diego (!) and North Carolina. In mid-January they didn't even look like a top 100 team. But then they went 11-4 in their last 15 games, including a bunch of quality wins.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Some teams almost surely got clarity:

Cal, Oklahoma St, Villanova IN
TCU, Michigan St, Indiana OUT
We can add Arizona State to the INs, if there was any doubt.

No ACC teams among the final 8. Are Miami and Virginia (and Syracuse) safely in, then?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Poor Vivian!

Oh I don't know. Scaife can't carry that team in the regular season, so what would be better? Kick some butt and go deeper in the also rans tourney or get absolutely blasted in the NCAAs?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We can add Arizona State to the INs, if there was any doubt.

No ACC teams among the final 8. Are Miami and Virginia (and Syracuse) safely in, then?

Shouldnt be any doubt about Syracuse and Miami.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Shouldnt be any doubt about Syracuse and Miami.
I had Syracuse as a lock even before the conference tournament. Miami should be in as well. To me Virginia is the question mark but Charlie seems to think they're safe. Hmm.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'd say this is not good news for Rutgers.

Minnesota _has_ to be ahead of them. The Gophers did a lot better (11-5 vs 7-9) against similar competition (the conference).

Combined with Buffalo, that's 2 of the 4 spots IMHO.
I think the last 2 spots (assuming Buffalo and Minnesota are in) will come down to Rutgers, USC, Creighton, and Oklahoma. I don't see Purdue or West Virginia ahead of the others.

Reaction Score
I think it's gonna be Buffalo, Minnesota, Creghton, and USC.

Oklahoma has some really bad losses, Rutgers was awful at the end.

Purdue and West Virginia are definitely not making it.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anybody posted this yet, but Charlie Creme came out with yet another update based on the committee’s 8 bubble team reveal.

Last four in
  • Minnesota
  • Rutgers
  • Buffalo
  • Creighton
First four out
  • West Virginia
  • USC
  • Oklahoma
  • Purdue

Reaction Score
A week from now most if not all of these bubble teams will be back at school, their seasons over in a week or less. And yet a month is spent predicting who they will be. While there is certainly some prestige to making the NCAA's every one of these teams would be better served in the NIT's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom