Seimone Augustus Thinks UConn Has Too Much Power in WBB [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seimone Augustus Thinks UConn Has Too Much Power in WBB [merged thread]

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
Well a solid rep is better than gold any day. I have observed a program being built from nothingness- they weren't even a footnote in WCBB, BB for that matter. It was built brick by brick, it wasn't given, same as with the men. Especially given that they were a small state school compared to others, in the middle of podunk, in a Conference that didn't have football money. Led by a brash coach with some BB acumen. I'd say they earned their rep and deservedly.

Look at the output, the players are making marks wherever they go. That's the influence, the product. Example, look at schools that have produced the most influential leaders based on their program, why do hundreds try to get into Harvard Law, yes there are other great law schools that have done the same thing, but who has the bigger rep, the influence comes from the Alumni and what they achieved as a product of that institution.

How many D1 schools can say they've had double NC's twice, won 4 NC's in a row. Waning I don't think so because it's not just a program anymore, it's brand, beyond even what Geno himself could have imagined. I agree with the Saban sentiment people are spoiled, even Uconn's detractors, UCONN no chip in 4 yrs (-2020) OMG. As someone pointed out look how long Stanford had been between chips 29 years 4/29 do the math. But they still recruited good players, always in the mix competing. That's what a solid rep affords even if you're not top dog you're still producing, still making a mark. Last year they did, created a stir, another FOY,NPOY ...crazy stats FF record.
UCONN has achieved that with its players, people see them doing things going places and they want that, companies want to be associated with it. I think a lot of the envy stirred up again w/ Paige's rise add to that Sue's recent appointments to USA basketball and the UCONN Foundation. Swinns NBA appointment, Shea in the "vaunted" SEC, to just name a few. Wether people want to admit it or not human vices comes to bear the "haters" are always going to sling mud hoping to make a point. It's just the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox
Top Bottom