Seems PC got screwed in so many ways | The Boneyard

Seems PC got screwed in so many ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm far from a Providence sympathizer, but for the committee to have Dayton at this site facing a higher seed in the first round is flat out unbelievably unfair.

You can't always avoid this sort of thing in one of the later rounds, but in the first round...this is a joke. And to compound thing, the ref T-ing up Cooley for tossing his chair while in the huddle was just adding insult to injury.

Reaction Score
PC screwed themselves by playing the most uncoordinated 40 minutes of basketball I've seen thus far in the tournament.

But, you're right. Not only did they have to play a de facto road game, but they also played a team that was under-seeded (Dayton was closer to an eight or a nine).

Reaction Score
Still crazy to me that Dayton was going to be out of the field if UConn won on Sunday, they should've been somewhere around a 9-10 seed...but oh well, with all of the trolling the PC fans have done the past few years I'm cool with seeing this result.

Reaction Score
Regardless of the other factors, Henton and Dunn played terribly and Dayton was better

Reaction Score
Dunn has been train wreck bad in a couple big games this year. His 10 turnover hairball against Kentucky - and then today was maybe worse, given the stakes.

Reaction Score
I'm happy!!! Love Dayton as they always play well with undersized teams! Who cares about pc!!!

Reaction Score
I agree, PC played terrible tonight, but the committee should never have put PC in that situation. You think there would have been other alternatives. I can't believe grown men can make these type of decisions. Most of the guys in that room must have been a bunch of idiots who just didn't f'in care about a bunch of young student athletes pursuing a dream.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn has had the virtual road game a few times in the tournament. It sucks, and almost always results in a loss. We have also had the virtual home games at MSG, and that worked out pretty well for us.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Stop making excuses for them. PC just got outworked, outcoached, out hustled, out everything. Bye bye.
Excuses are like victories for their fan base. Henton and Dunn are great players who missed a ton of shots without the crowd being a factor.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Dunn stays after this nightmare? He needs to work on finishing in traffic. As far as PC goes, they lose Henton but they probably gain Bullock who is a headcase but arguably a more talented player.

caw

Reaction Score

You as well. Hope Sean comes on over to brag about some random play Chukwu was involved in, he likes to do that after PC loses.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

I was being serious. Only so much ribbing UConn fans can give PC when they didn't make the field. Perspective and all that.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
DogMania said:
I'm far from a Providence sympathizer, but for the committee to have Dayton at this site facing a higher seed in the first round is flat out unbelievably unfair.

You can't always avoid this sort of thing in one of the later rounds, but in the first round...this is a joke. And to compound thing, the ref T-ing up Cooley for tossing his chair while in the huddle was just adding insult to injury.

They did get jobbed all in all but they did benefit from the no call on the clear up and down in the first half. Immediately after, PC hit a three. Should have never counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom