Seeding order! | The Boneyard

Seeding order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am the last person to ever suspect malfeasance in these things, but read that list and tell me someone didn't have an agenda.

Back in the day when we had newspaper men, someone would investigate and hold them accountable.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
I am the last person to ever suspect malfeasance in these things, but read that list and tell me someone didn't have an agenda.

What's the agenda. Did JC really piss off people THAT bad?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think it's anti-UConn, but I think it's clearly anti-AAC.

It would sound farcical unless you consider the aggression and lack of collegiality we've seen previously demonstrated again the conference by the ACC, Big 12, Big Ten - the P5 gets to keep all the cookies and the AAC/MWC might find rough sledding at every turn.

The most glaring seeding issues....AAC. The most glaring snub....AAC.

Oh, and let's cram three AAC teams into the same bracket....can't have too many of them sneaking out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its all about match-ups and UConn has a reasonable path to the Final4 via MSG (with tons of history there). We beat MSU last year on a neutral court. Both teams are basically the same except Michigan State has lost Nix. Iowa State spreads it out and is similar to Memphis who we beat 3 times. Virginia I have watched a ton this year. In NYC we will do well against the pack line defense (Virginia). We have the shooters to kill it.

St. Joe's has 4 starters shooting under 60% from the line. Galloway is a very good player. If you get over screens when defending him on 3 point shots you have taken away his strength (that makes him somewhat 1 dimensional but still capable on the drive).

Villanova vs. UConn could be an absolute classic (I wish we got the #2 seed Michigan instead of #2 Nova). That could be double OT. To close to call vs. Nova. Milwaukee did beat a decent Northern Iowa team that beat VCU.

Reaction Score

It would sound farcical unless you consider the aggression and lack of collegiality we've seen previously demonstrated again the conference by the ACC, Big 12, Big Ten - the P5 gets to keep all the cookies and the AAC/MWC might find rough sledding at every turn.

Oh, and let's cram three AAC teams into the same bracket....can't have too many of them sneaking out.

And it is at every turn. We use to be a staple on CBS every year, this year one bone in the last week of the year. Meanwhile the country is forced to watch the Wisconsin game of the week. Who knew the result of CR would be that the Badgers would become Americas team?

We also use to be a regular main game in the tourney. Now even though we are playing a huge market like Philly and we are (were) a national brand, off we go to TBS while CBS is forced to bring the Michigan scrimmage against Woeful.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
And it is at every turn. We use to be a staple on CBS every year, this year one bone in the last week of the year. Meanwhile the country is forced to watch the Wisconsin game of the week. Who knew the result of CR would be that the Badgers would become Americas team?

We also use to be a regular main game in the tourney. Now even though we are playing a huge market like Philly and we are (were) a national brand, off we go to TBS while CBS is forced to bring the Michigan scrimmage against Woeful.
Were a 7 seed. Michigan is a 2. Who do you think brings more viewers, us or Michigan? Such is life. They will cut away once they're up 40 and go to the most attractive games accept in Detroit and Los Angeles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom