See ya'll next year... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

See ya'll next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think if we can learn anything from this debacle it is that the fanbase is pretty damn good. Bad football, bad coaching, conference demotion...yet here we are. As we've seen all over the country, much better teams draw far less fans. The school owes its fans better. Time to do something bold.

Reaction Score
Lol this might be the most incorrect post on the Boneyard.

The only thing worse than these whiny threads after every single loss is the posters who throw down their Superfan card.

I won't tell anybody what to do but being a fan means I'm there in good times and bad. But I can't kill anyone who chooses other things to do. The product is just a painful watch in every way imaginable.

Reaction Score
Have a nice life. Please don't come back. Far weather fans are not need. Sincerely, UConn Football.

Yeah because UConn football can afford to lose more fair weathered fans... moron

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Diaco needs to go and UConn needs to invest properly in football finally. For a school with a $72M AD budget, football should NEVER rank 3rd on the sports hierarchy if we are truly serious about getting out of the G5. You get what you pay for.

Reaction Score
What upset me the most is the student section. At yesterday game 2/3 of them bailed after half time. Game after game the student section is near empty at the end of the game. I know it been posted on the BY in the past, so it's nothing new.
The programs turned into a joke amongst the student body most of whom were in elementary school during UConn's dominant run of 7-5 seasons. How anyone can call out the students who expose themselves to this when drinking Dubra in a dirty bathroom sounds like a reasonable alternative is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Diaco needs to go and UConn needs to invest properly in football finally. For a school with a $72M AD budget, football should NEVER rank 3rd on the sports hierarchy if we are truly serious about getting out of the G5. You get what you pay for.
But there is no more money

Reaction Score
I'm done getting kicked in the teeth by this team for a while.. Hope springs eternal so I'll be back next season, probably for what's starting to look like the HBCD death watch...

I honestly don't get posts like this. Do you really take this so personally that you feel the need to share your disappointment in a public domain like this?

Life is too short. Enjoy the other aspects of the game like tailgating with friends, enjoy the band and watch the game. Other things in life to take more seriously imo.

Reaction Score
He'll be back, just like we all will. Mostly because we are all mentally ill. Fan is shorthand for fanatic...:confused:
I tried to bail this year and came back. I'm moving to Boston in a few months. I'll be on this board but doubt I'll be making six trips to the Rent. It's. Just. So. Tough. To watch this team. Six years of this mess and it no longer provides joy

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I tried to bail this year and came back. I'm moving to Boston in a few months. I'll be on this board but doubt I'll be making six trips to the Rent. It's. Just. So. Tough. To watch this team. Six years of this mess and it no longer provides joy

And yet I'll place the Skiblets' UCONN game over/ under at 3 games a year regardless. The mind has the great power of predicting success for the things we love...;)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Where in that $72 million are you gonna divert? Basketball assistants? Delay baseball / softball / hockey facilities upgrades? Cut olympic sports? Because unless you can find ten Bob Burtons, that's what you're gonna have to do.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Where in that $72 million are you gonna divert? Basketball assistants? Delay baseball / softball / hockey facilities upgrades? Cut olympic sports? Because unless you can find ten Bob Burtons, that's what you're gonna have to do.

It stinks but the time is fast approaching that cuts are made. Lower tier Olympics would be the unfortunate, but logical, place to start. All we would need is a few extra million per year. Maybe the can be done without cuts (?). I have no idea - I don't know the particulars of our AD budget. Maybe we increase the subsidy. Maybe we can find some donor support. But if not, we have to consider cutting a sport or two.

Football can't continue to be funded the way it is here. If we continue to shop in the $1.5M/yr aisle and pay our assistant's clearance prices, then we can't act surprised when our stuff breaks so easily and quickly.

I'd prefer not to make cuts but we have an athletic department to fund and a university to continue to grow.

I should add that if we make the "right" excitable hire, then maybe that boosts attendance and revenue enough to help pay for itself.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I don't know if money is essential to put a better (more interesting) product on the field. Some of our western schools (Houston and Memphis) have done far better than we have, and they've had less money. SMU is progressing at a faster rate than we are and they have a more entertaining team.

Reaction Score
I'm not renewing my season tickets if Verducci is still the OC next season. Diaco may have a buyout, but Verducci doesn't. I'll donate the money I'd spend on season tickets to the athletic department, but if Diaco and/or the decision makers in the AD aren't interested in putting a compelling product on the field, then they can go eat a bag of Richard's!! He hired the damn TE coach from Northern Iowa to coordinate his offense..... are you kidding me? I was peeved then, and I'm more peeved now. Ridiculous.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
well for the record, I was more or less waving off my emotional investment. I'll still be there watching every sunday morning at 0100 hours - it's in my dna; just a lot less of having expectations and wearing them on my sleeve. For the record, after a couple of years of arguing otherwise, I think I've come around to the Pal/Nosty view that we have resources in place to be more successful. The problem isn't in a lack of commitment, we just - apparently - can't find the right guy.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Do you really take this so personally
Well yeah. I imagine a lot of us here do, but to each his own.

need to share your disappointment in a public domain
I don't know, the UConn Football Forum somehow seemed like an appropriate venue.

Enjoy the other aspects of the game like tailgating with friends, enjoy the band and watch the game
I love concerts in the park. I love football more. They are two different things.

Reaction Score
Its more than just losing, i would be more obligated to watch us lose week in week out if the games were at least entertaining. Its no wonder why we have a weak fan base, try and convince college kids to watch a team whose drives seem to somehow stall on first down and that is the result.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I honestly don't get posts like this. Do you really take this so personally that you feel the need to share your disappointment in a public domain like this?

Life is too short. Enjoy the other aspects of the game like tailgating with friends, enjoy the band and watch the game. Other things in life to take more seriously imo.

im sorry but anyone who sat through that debacle on sat, through the driving rain and wind can b!tch all they want about how disappointed they are in this team. you want to take this program as is and enjoy the tailgate thats fine and your right. Its also the right of people who pay their hard earned money to come watch this team and support the players to expect a certain level of competency in the coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom