See ya'll next year... | The Boneyard

See ya'll next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm done getting kicked in the teeth by this team for a while.. Hope springs eternal so I'll be back next season, probably for what's starting to look like the HBCD death watch...
If hope springs eternal, you wouldn't be packing in now. You should find every new week/game optimistic if that were the case.

Reaction Score
I guess eternal isn't inexhaustible :( I'm just tired of feeling like being a UConn football fan is punishment for something heinous from a previous life.
To continue the melancholy mood, I am generally as upbeat about the program as most die hards, I'm losing my strength. I don't know it is work related and not being able to catch as many games as usual, the performance and losses adding up or a combination of both, but I am not as optimistic as I once was.

Reaction Score
I'm done getting kicked in the teeth by this team for a while.. Hope springs eternal so I'll be back next season, probably for what's starting to look like the HBCD death watch...

Have a nice life. Please don't come back. Far weather fans are not need. Sincerely, UConn Football.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Have a nice life. Please don't come back. Far weather fans are not need. Sincerely, UConn Football.
how far is the weather CJ?
neophyte contributors need to be careful

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
On second thought, since you signed it "UConn Football" - just another example of poor execution.

Reaction Score
You got hang in there. Sheer probability suggests we will find a competent staff at some point. It's impossible to be this bad for a decade, but then I remember Rutgers. For God sake we were spanking Rutgers in transition to IA. Could we have sunk that low? BC will be the bottom of barrel bowl for who wants save their last shred of dignity.

Reaction Score
Fair weather (I'll give you a break on the typos)? I've been around since we were in trailers.. they've worn me out.
Just take a one season break next year - they probably will never have a 3 year contract again, so it'll be year-to-year anyway. Just renew in 2018.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Just take a one season break next year - they probably will never have a 3 year contract again, so it'll be year-to-year anyway. Just renew in 2018.
I've never been to a game at the rent, that'd be a 12,000 mile round trip for me; it's high on my bucket list after I retire back to the states next year. But no, those brave souls have endured a whole 'nother level of suffering.

Reaction Score
I'm to the point of being numb to anything that happens on the field, we as fans have seen some pretty bad football in the last 5 years. Nothing surprises me anymore, just another day in paradise. On to East Carolina!!!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I Will be there as I was today in the rain rooting on UConn as we all should. Remember this is about the players as well and not just supporting the coaching staff. I will be there for them, period.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I Will be there as I was today in the rain rooting on UConn as we all should. Remember this is about the players as well and not just supporting the coaching staff. I will be there for them, period.

This is 100% why I'm keeping my Tulane tickets, no matter how the next 3 games shake out.

Reaction Score
I was honestly surprised how many fans actually waited it out until the very end of the game given the on-field product, the weather, the slow, emotionally draining spiral into despair.

It was probably more fans than attended USF/Temple for such a worse product. We have all the potential in the world.

Maybe someday we'll realize it.

Reaction Score
At this point there's no need to belittle anyone who's had it with what they've seen. This program needs all the fans it can get - even the fair weather ones (not you SeoulHF). In the times the fans have delivered, the on-the-field results have not. How much frustration can people realistically take? Heck, I've been to about 75-80% of all home games since the Rent opened (all on a shoestring budget), get there for kickoff and stay to the end regardless of score or weather, and even I was ready to bail yesterday in the 3rd qtr. The combo of everything just takes its toll. I'll still be there for the final 2 home games, but that's me. Can't blame anyone else who's had it at this point.

Reaction Score
What upset me the most is the student section. At yesterday game 2/3 of them bailed after half time. Game after game the student section is near empty at the end of the game. I know it been posted on the BY in the past, so it's nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom