SEE AYANNA 3X3 Basketball for schedule of game times | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SEE AYANNA 3X3 Basketball for schedule of game times

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USA vs Germany was close throughout. USA did have a 5 point lead and then down the stretch played a lot of one on one basketball which enabled Germany to get the game close. USA was 1 - 3 on Free Throws and like the other games in this tournament missed a bunch of layups. Yes, the game is physical but some of the shots should have been made.

For USA to beat Spain they will have to shoot much better and play great defense. Defense has been the strength of this team. Rice and Williams will have to carry the USA team if they are to win.

Reaction Score
USA vs Germany was close throughout. USA did have a 5 point lead and then down the stretch played a lot of one on one basketball which enabled Germany to get the game close. USA was 1 - 3 on Free Throws and like the other games in this tournament missed a bunch of layups. Yes, the game is physical but some of the shots should have been made.

For USA to beat Spain they will have to shoot much better and play great defense. Defense has been the strength of this team. Rice and Williams will have to carry the USA team if they are to win.
Yes, it will be on WILLIAMS and RICE, but if they try to "do it alone" without
some sort of team play...... it could be ugly for the USA. The USA team
has limited their fouls in the past two games (LESSON LEARNED!!). Now
for some PUT BACKS by Ayanna and MAKE THOSE FREE THROWS!!
for Mikaylah = PLEASE , PLEASE , PLEASE continue with the hot hand!

Reaction Score
USA goes on a big run half way through the game and win the 3x3 tournament going away. Williams = MVP imo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A great game to win gold! I thought they all played really well against a solid Spain team. They had me worried in the beginning because the defense was a little shaky but they made the shots they needed to make and pulled it off. A nice 3 pointer (2 points) from Williams was the game winner. Congrats to Patterson, let’s hope she can get Williams or Rice to come along with her!

Reaction Score
"MIRABILE VISU" !!!
Mikaylah Marie Williams is " audacious, bold, daring" and (IMO) the MVP!!
Mikaylah with three 2 pointers, three free throws, and on one pointer = 10 pt !!
Kiki Rice two points
Janiah Barker six points
Ayanna Patterson two points ( nice rebounding, but please " FINISH IT"!!!
Congrats to everyone, you left the best for last!!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
FYI Men won 21-14 over Estonia.

I guess whatever disadvantages US faces in 3 x 3 in regards to lack of team practice time has disappeared or more accurately overcome with superior athleticism and in Mikayla's case, the most cold blooded (efficient) shooting I can remember on the biggest stage.

If I was Geno, I would have made my way to Hungary ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just got back home to watch the game. I know 3x3 is fast paced, but the US team finished off a good Spanish team in a little over 6 minutes. They must have an early flight back home.

Williams is the real deal. I would love to see her in a UConn uniform in a couple of years. I also can’t wait to see Ayanna at UConn. Once she smooths out the rough edges, she will be a beast. While we’re at it, I want Rice too. That’s not too much to ask for, is it?

Reaction Score
Just got back home to watch the game. I know 3x3 is fast paced, but the US team finished off a good Spanish team in a little over 6 minutes. They must have an early flight back home.

Williams is the real deal. I would love to see her in a UConn uniform in a couple of years. I also can’t wait to see Ayanna at UConn. Once she smooths out the rough edges, she will be a beast. While we’re at it, I want Rice too. That’s not too much to ask for, is it?

Never too much

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Th legend of Mikaylah Williams grows!
If you didn’t know who she was a month ago, you know her now!! What a great clutch “walk-off” shot to win the game and the gold. They had to go through a legitimate contender to get this win. Congratulations to team USA on achieving their “GOLD”. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

No, JordyG and me have been riding that bandwagon for some time. We want Rice too. Right JordyG? :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If you didn’t know who she was a month ago, you know her now!! What a great clutch “walk-off” shot to win the game and the gold. They had to go through a legitimate contender to get this win. Congratulations to team USA on achieving their “GOLD”. :)
Not only that peep the praise in the August recruiting thread. Some are calling for Mikaylah to move to #1 overall in the class. Quite the coming out part!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
First 4 Minutes of the Match it looked like Spain was going to win as they were playing better then Team USA and had a four point lead. Then Mikaylah Williams hit some Two Point shots and that changed the complexity of the match. USA was able to quickly tie the match and take the lead. USA's Superior Shooting and defense won the Match.

As others have said Ayana has to finish her shots. She had trouble in the tournament making layups. Her Size enabled her to get Rebounds and put backs for points. She won't get that many opportunities once she plays in College. Has Huge Upside.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I would think that Kim Mulkey will be all over Mikaylah and it will be hard to get her out of Louisiana.

If you're Team USA do you have Mikaylah as a member of next years U17 World Championship team or keep her on a 3 x 3 team? I would think Mikaylah is too young to be part of Team USA's 2022 3 x 3 World Championship tournament.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
smooth step back 3
Anyone have her final 3 pt shooting numbers. Maybe in relation to all the other players as well? Feels like it was > 50%

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would think that Kim Mulkey will be all over Mikaylah and it will be hard to get her out of Louisiana.

If you're Team USA do you have Mikaylah as a member of next years U17 World Championship team or keep her on a 3 x 3 team? I would think Mikaylah is too young to be part of Team USA's 2022 3 x 3 World Championship tournament.
From a geographic standpoint Mulkey will certainly have an advantage. But much will depend on just how quickly Mulkey can elevate LSU WBB. The SEC is not the Big12. LSU will have to battle SC, GA, A&M and other schools to become top dog in the conference.

I strongly suspect that Williams will end up at a top 5 program. That’s a high bar for LSU to meet.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

It is all there, a complete offensive arsenal: Attack the basket going left or right. the mid range pull up. The deep ball off the catch and shoot or by using the bounce and step back to shake defenders. The post up back to the basket. The ability to finish at the rim through heavy contact. The ability to use a powerful lower body to nudge a defender slightly out of position. The ball fake, the head fake, the hesitation and the cross over. What is not in this video is the bull dog of a defender that she is. Not fair that she gets two more years of playing HS basketball.

Reaction Score
It is all there, a complete offensive arsenal: Attack the basket going left or right. the mid range pull up. The deep ball off the catch and shoot or by using the bounce and step back to shake defenders. The post up back to the basket. The ability to finish at the rim through heavy contact. The ability to use a powerful lower body to nudge a defender slightly out of position. The ball fake, the head fake, the hesitation and the cross over. What is not in this video is the bull dog of a defender that she is. Not fair that she gets two more years of playing HS basketball.
I'm sold.
With Watkins and Fulwiley having geographically advantageous options on where to play their college ball (California and South Carolina respectively). A couple of major players might be out of the running for Williams services.
Is it possible that Kim would be the major obstacle to extricating her from Louisiana ?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is it possible that Kim would be the major obstacle to extricating her from Louisiana ?
That's the current thinking ( Mulkey has inside track) of many here although I not sure of the origin of that kind of thinking. When she first came to the attention of the BY the thinking was that UCONN would be at a disadvantage (perhaps not interested) not because of geography but because she was also a high caliber Softball player and might want to play both sports in college. That was before Mulkey took the job at LSU. This kid who was already highly ranked has blown up of the strength of one tournament and I suspect the world is now taking notice not just UCONN. She a NPOY caliber talent and UCONN traditionally does well with these types of players. BTW Williams IMO is several notches above Watkins in terms of athleticism and especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom