SEE AYANNA 3X3 Basketball for schedule of game times | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SEE AYANNA 3X3 Basketball for schedule of game times

Reaction Score
Russia beat the US due to free throws and three point shooting. Very aggressive game. USA didn't give up much on the interior.

Reaction Score
I hope, like the NCAAs ?, that the Quarterfinals, the Semi finals and Finals are the
best selection of refs for each game. Reasonable fouls ( for 3X3 , that is) and
don't call fouls for "flopping floppers"! 6 games on EARLY Saturday Morning!!! I pick : USA over Estonia, let's be business -like and smart!
Ukraine over Germany (an upset ?)
Spain over Latvia ( in a walk)
and Russia over Hungary (host team does not have the firepower)

Reaction Score
Saturday AM HUNGARY OVER RUSSIA !!!! 21 -18 !!
Hungary with really good 2 point ( i.e. 3 point range ) shooting.
More important : GOOD CALLS by the REFS through the whole game .!!!!
No spoiler : I know who won Estonia vs USA.

Reaction Score
SATURDAY AM SPAIN 21 Latvia 11
Spain is UNDEFEATED!! Spain is "smooth", Spain is " smart"
Spain can defend. Spain has a nice weave and " give and go"
Spain has Height! Spain is in the other BRACKET!!!
so. I pick Spain over Hungary, in the SEMI , and the
odds on favorite to get into the GOLD GAME. GOLD will be
a BARN BURNER!!!

Reaction Score
More SPAIN ! Marta Morales #13, of Spain, WINS the 2 point / 3 point
contest against ALL COMERS ( men and women )!! She wins the
GOLD MEDAL as the FIBA 3X3 "shoot out" champion.. A well balanced
team!
Prediction ?? SPAIN in the FINAL. at 2:05 PM tomorrow
but first the SEMIs at 6:55 AM ( Spain ??over Host HUNGARY ) and at 7:20 AM ( the other SEMI. = check the YouTube videos for that game and pairings )
Bronze at 8:40 AM Sunday ( after the SEMIs) and GOLD at the above mentioned 2:05 PM
Be there or be square!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More SPAIN ! Marta Morales #13, of Spain, WINS the 2 point / 3 point
contest against ALL COMERS ( men and women )!! She wins the
GOLD MEDAL as the FIBA 3X3 "shoot out" champion.. A well balanced
team!
Prediction ?? SPAIN in the FINAL. at 2:05 PM tomorrow
but first the SEMIs at 6:55 AM ( Spain ??over Host HUNGARY ) and at 7:20 AM ( the other SEMI. = check the YouTube videos for that game and pairings )
Bronze at 8:40 AM Sunday ( after the SEMIs) and GOLD at the above mentioned 2:05 PM
Be there or be square!!
I did not see any of the US players in the 3pt final?? Did Williams compete?

Reaction Score
This is unwatchable basketball. Chuck and suck.
BUT.... THIS IS NOT REGULAR BASKETBALL!!! Different rules,
different balls ( size and weight are different ). Different tactics,
different strategy. Think Jazz and classical music, Shakespeare
vs Science fiction! Softball vs Baseball, swimming vs water polo!
This is an Olympic sport.... AND 3X3 is "poetry" when the Kelsey Plum, Steph
Dolson, Alisha Gray, and Jackie Young did their stuff to win the GOLD
Medal in Japan.
Remember these players are all UNDER 18. Nations get INTO the tournament partially on PARTICIPATION POINTS or ACTIVITY POINTS ( that is why the USA is "ranked " 54th in the world (U18) and why the USA was seeded 17th in this particular tournament ( they actually should be where they are, in
the FINAL FOUR ). But... I recommend that you watch the semi final game with SPAIN ( a really nice team ) and
the other final games ( with, some what, more rational foul calling ), to
see what this can look like at a higher level of skill.
The "CHUCKING" that you refer to is usually due to the 12 second clock.
With good defense by the opposition, a player will , of necessity " cluck" a
shot at the basketball to avoid the shot clock violation and , if the shot hits the
rim and their team gets the rebound ... a whole new 12 seconds. Better to CHUCK than hold the ball and lose it on the clock violation. I think that is how
the coaches "teach" the finer points of this competition
Another insight: there is a complete strategy to giving fouls , no one "fouls" out and the PENALTY for more than 10 fouls in 10 minutes is DRACONIAN= just ask TEAM USA why they lost to RUSSIA!! Clock management
is also different, teams let other teams score at the end of the game, allowing one point, to avoid giving that deadly 10th foul and to get the ball back to "kill the clock", to "run the clock out". THE USA did not do this, and they lost to RUSSIA ( partially because of this "mental error". So.... It's different. Hope you can find a way to enjoy it in the future. If not, the collegiate WBB season is right around the
corner, sort of. Peace

Reaction Score
My impression is that Ms. Williams was in the early stages of
the " shoot out " competition but did not make one of the preliminary " cuts".
This is merely a guess. I don't know where there is a record of this. I might
try to find it. Maybe under "STATS" or some other "pull down" section

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It was pretty funny hearing the announcer refer to them as "Janae" Barker, "Ayann" Patterson and "Kyra" Rice. All the players impressed in different ways - they all need coaching at the college level for sure, but you can see the potential.

It was actually Mikalya Williams, the #2 recruit in 2023 from Louisiana, who impressed me the most in this game. Both Barker and Patterson were in desperate need of being able to finish around the basket. USA played some good defense but seemed only slightly better at passing and sharing the ball. Barker and Patterson especially were guilty of throwing the ball up around the basket even tho most coaches would tell them it was a "bad" shot. They must have had at least 10 rebounds each off their constantly missed layup attempts.

Bottom line, some serious talent that is in desperate need of coaching. If Mulkey can get Williams, a Louisiana native, to come to LSU, she will be well on her way towards getting back to being elite.

For Patterson, mostly played really good defense, but there were a few times (not often) where her motor just stopped. She physically has a WNBA body IMHO. Her athleticism is off the charts. She missed every single mid range and deep shot she took, but the form is decent. She needs some better moves around the basket instead of just trying to bully the ball into the net. She has a very good handle for a 4. Just my $.02 for this game. She has tremendous potential and coaching at UCONN could make her truly elite.

Reaction Score
It was pretty funny hearing the announcer refer to them as "Janae" Barker, "Ayann" Patterson and "Kyra" Rice. All the players impressed in different ways - they all need coaching at the college level for sure, but you can see the potential.

It was actually Mikalya Williams, the #2 recruit in 2023 from Louisiana, who impressed me the most in this game. Both Barker and Patterson were in desperate need of being able to finish around the basket. USA played some good defense but seemed only slightly better at passing and sharing the ball. Barker and Patterson especially were guilty of throwing the ball up around the basket even tho most coaches would tell them it was a "bad" shot. They must have had at least 10 rebounds each off their constantly missed layup attempts.

Bottom line, some serious talent that is in desperate need of coaching. If Mulkey can get Williams, a Louisiana native, to come to LSU, she will be well on her way towards getting back to being elite.

For Patterson, mostly played really good defense, but there were a few times (not often) where her motor just stopped. She physically has a WNBA body IMHO. Her athleticism is off the charts. She missed every single mid range and deep shot she took, but the form is decent. She needs some better moves around the basket instead of just trying to bully the ball into the net. She has a very good handle for a 4. Just my $.02 for this game. She has tremendous potential and coaching at UCONN could make her truly elite.
Remember alot of those seemingly rushed and untimely shots by Barker and Patterson are due to the 12 seconds shot clock. If you don't shoot quick its a shot clock violation and thats just as bad as a turn over. They can clearly out rebound any team they will face maybe with Spain being the exception as you clearly saw at the beginning of the quarter final game. Just my 2 cents. Also the amount of hard contact allowed around the basket affected alot of those shots. Just think how Nikka had to adjust to basketball in America as compared to Europe.

Reaction Score
BUT.... THIS IS NOT REGULAR BASKETBALL!!! Different rules,
different balls ( size and weight are different ). Different tactics,
different strategy. Think Jazz and classical music, Shakespeare
vs Science fiction! Softball vs Baseball, swimming vs water polo!
This is an Olympic sport.... AND 3X3 is "poetry" when the Kelsey Plum, Steph
Dolson, Alisha Gray, and Jackie Young did their stuff to win the GOLD
Medal in Japan.
Remember these players are all UNDER 18. Nations get INTO the tournament partially on PARTICIPATION POINTS or ACTIVITY POINTS ( that is why the USA is "ranked " 54th in the world (U18) and why the USA was seeded 17th in this particular tournament ( they actually should be where they are, in
the FINAL FOUR ). But... I recommend that you watch the semi final game with SPAIN ( a really nice team ) and
the other final games ( with, some what, more rational foul calling ), to
see what this can look like at a higher level of skill.
The "CHUCKING" that you refer to is usually due to the 12 second clock.
With good defense by the opposition, a player will , of necessity " cluck" a
shot at the basketball to avoid the shot clock violation and , if the shot hits the
rim and their team gets the rebound ... a whole new 12 seconds. Better to CHUCK than hold the ball and lose it on the clock violation. I think that is how
the coaches "teach" the finer points of this competition
Another insight: there is a complete strategy to giving fouls , no one "fouls" out and the PENALTY for more than 10 fouls in 10 minutes is DRACONIAN= just ask TEAM USA why they lost to RUSSIA!! Clock management
is also different, teams let other teams score at the end of the game, allowing one point, to avoid giving that deadly 10th foul and to get the ball back to "kill the clock", to "run the clock out". THE USA did not do this, and they lost to RUSSIA ( partially because of this "mental error". So.... It's different. Hope you can find a way to enjoy it in the future. If not, the collegiate WBB season is right around the
corner, sort of. Peace
I actually love 3x3 basketball. My reference was to the ridiculously bad style of play of the American team. It looks like four teenagers who have never had a coach. I didn’t expect a Missal in response.

Reaction Score
I actually love 3x3 basketball. My reference was to the ridiculously bad style of play of the American team. It looks like four teenagers who have never had a coach. I didn’t expect a Missal in response.
Yes, good point, sorry about the " missal" in response. GO TEAM USA!!
Did you notice that Mikaylah Williams is the #1 scorer in the tournament with
38 points. There is "good stuff" under the " stats" heading. I am about to
"post" some , probably not significant, facts on a new post.

Reaction Score
Some random stats and heights for the FINAL FOUR:
Germany Seeded # 3 undefeated;
Buhner 6' 1' 25 points # 7 scorer overall
Falk 5' 11 " 15 points # 29th scorer overall
Kruger 5' 10" 11 points # 37
Mevius 5' 10" 17 points # 23
Later you will see that the USA heights might be " wrong" so ? of heights
Spain Seeded # 14 undefeated ( the seedings tend to be meaningless)
# 10 Buenavida Estevez 5 ' 8" 11 points # 23
# 7 Contell Sanchis 5' 8" 26 points # 6
# 13 Marta Morales 6' 0" I missed the points but she WON
the gold medal for the 3 point shooting contest!
# 9 Gisela Sandor Inzajar 6' 3 " 24 points # 9 ( slender in build?)
Hungary seeded # 11 Can the home town crowd help Hungary pull the upset
over SPAIN??
#20 Dora Horvath 6' 2 "
# 5 Boglarka Horvath 5 ' 10 "
# 13 Nagy 5' 7 "
# 31 Zita Szabo 5' 10"
USA
Janiah Barker 6' 1" ( I think she is 6' 2 " or more) 19 pts #19
Kari "Kiki" Rice 5' 11" 21 pts #15
Ayanna Patterson 6' 1" 187 cm but again, 6'2"! 18 pts #22
Mikaylah Willams (MVP?) 6' 0" definitely all tournament team 38 pts # 1 !!!
The heights are from the official FIBA web site, these things are usually off or outdated! PREDICTION USA VS SPAIN in the final " on any given day....."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
USA wins a nail biter over Germany 15-14. They will play Spain in the finals.

Reaction Score
USA wins a nail biter over Germany 15-14. They will play Spain in the finals.
Germany hits a 3 (2 pointer) with 1 second left to make it close. I was impressed with how Germany played. They had size (More the we did) and quickness (Not quite as much as we did) and played team ball. The USA's offense is almost exclusively one on one.
Very little use of screens or passing in general. Patterson's athleticism will be even more effective in a full court game. However, her shot will need some work for her to be a well rounded player.

Reaction Score

Excellent points...but, re Patterson, give me "physically has a WNBA body IMHO. Her athleticism is off the charts", and UCONN's coaching staff, and that's a recipe I'll gladly embrace!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
FYI. USA Men in Finals as well. 21-13 Semifinal win over Belarus

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Germany hits a 3 (2 pointer) with 1 second left to make it close. I was impressed with how Germany played. They had size (More the we did) and quickness (Not quite as much as we did) and played team ball. The USA's offense is almost exclusively one on one.
Very little use of screens or passing in general. Patterson's athleticism will be even more effective in a full court game. However, her shot will need some work for her to be a well rounded player.
At this level, with 4 HS kids, it’s difficult over a couple of weeks to get a team to execute well in the hectic game that is 3x3 basketball. The US has superior athletes who are going to win or lose this championship by driving to the basket, pounding the glass and playing tough defense.

I don’t expect the championship game vs Spain to be pretty. Hopefully the US team will overpower Spain to bring home the gold.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One additional comment about the US team. They are seeded 16th in this tournament, which is a reflection of the fact that they don’t play together in the summer long season of 3x3 tournaments in Europe, where seeds are largely determined. Most of the other teams have been playing together for months and even years.

This US team was assembled a little over 2 weeks ago. Under the circumstances, their performance in this tournament is quite remarkable.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Great points being made regarding the difference between 3 X 3 and regular basketball, the stats, strength and weakness of this quartet of US players. To echo @EricLA thoughts plain and simple Mikaylah Williams is the truth! I've been raving about her being the best defender in the class for a while now and all she did was go out and lead this tournament in scoring so far. Keep in mind that her teammates Kiki, Ayanna and Janiah are all class of '22 and she is class of '23. I'm glad Morgan Valley recently started following her. Mikaylah is #1 on my "23 wish list for UCONN.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
in this sport it seems the importance of being a superb free-throw artist is vital to your team ,,,,,,,, and the lack thereof a disastrous embarrassment

Reaction Score
Great Game! I thought that Patterson's size and agility skills was
a factor in cutting off part of the German's offense: Germany knew
that she could block shots .. so Ayanna's presence was very important
even if she did not knock down many points.
Mikaylah Marie Williams is the MVP ( assuming team
USA wins the final), , and this my friends will be a THRILLER ( Boris K.
All tournament team ? USA : Williams
Hungary : Horwath, DORA ( the tall Horvath)
Spain : Marta Morales ( they are all good !)
Germany : Probably Buhner, maybe :Mevius
The Gold MEDAL team gets the 5th slot:
if USA wins Kira Carroll Rice "Kiki"
if Spain wins Gisela Sandor Inzajar : the 6'3"
"equalizer" for Spain
It's the team play of Spain ( and does Gisela come through with a BIG game??)
Vs. a low foul, " smart" game by USA with two players getting "HOT".
I want to see AYANNA with at least TWO BLOCKS!! BE SMART, BE A TEAM!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom