Sedona Prince Transfer Thread | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Did she visit campus when she was still in high school? I feel like I remember she did...

Reaction Score
While a visit is very nice to know, the conclusion that everyone is hoping for is not a given. UConn would serve as platform on which this young lady would be taught to perform with the skills that she has and her potential would be developed. She certainly has had time to think about what she wants from a program. And, she may be a medical liability such as was B. Hunter. A year off would certainly give her a year to heal, and maybe she could be deployed as early as January, 2020. However, it is very likely that she has other invitations such as Baylor and Notre Dame who are both going to offer enticements that appear to be exciting. I am not going to count my calves before they birth.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There’s no indication (or reason to believe) Storrs will be her only visit.

Reactions: MTC

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I have read everything on the board about Sedona. I have not gotten an explanation why she can't play, if she gets a waiver, during the 19-20 season. I realize she broke her leg but I didn't think a broken leg required a two year recovery time.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Indeed, and maybe she has already hit some others. ONO and Squeaks played with her on her last (?) USA U team. Hope that helps. Didn't do the job the first time around. A while back this was her fav tune jfyi.

Reaction Score
As long as she cares enough to journey to Storrs it is well worth it!
At least the Huskies are under consideration! That's always better than being ignored!
She's got to be impressed with the elite program she would be joining.
After her 1st round of recruiting, if I remember correctly, she chose between TX and UCONN so she's got a positive vibe already!
As pointed out already, Sedona & her family are putting out a "reason" to get a waiver from the NCAA
over the supposed medical mistreatment at TX!

Reaction Score
I have read everything on the board about Sedona. I have not gotten an explanation why she can't play, if she gets a waiver, during the 19-20 season. I realize she broke her leg but I didn't think a broken leg required a two year recovery time.

I read on another board that her first surgery wasn't a success which is why she needed a second. I'm gonna guess here and say her medical reasons may be because of that.

Reaction Score
Okay, I sleuthed out the merged (3) threads that began Sedona Prince is in the Portal and it's strange that though there has been recent activity I cannot find it on page 1 or page 2. Weird. BUT I do not consider a planned visit to be worthy of being buried in page 11 of a 200 plus post thread. Honk if you agree.
For the record, I don’t agree. There were 8 posts to that Sedona Prince Transfer Thread yesterday BEFORE the Ademac tweet was posted to it in the wee hours. So it was displayed prominently on page 1, and was bumped again a couple more times this morning before your duplication.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I read on another board that her first surgery wasn't a success which is why she needed a second. I'm gonna guess here and say her medical reasons may be because of that.
Ask Kevin Durant now about the value of second opinions.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, is there any indication from any source that Prince has taken or will take a visit to any other school besides UConn?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If you read everything then you would realize that it has not been 2 years. Sedona broke her leg August of 2018 playing USA basketball. She is also 6'7" "normal" recovery timelines might not apply here. More importantly her condition (ability to play) has not been established.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
True but for lots of people, it's a magical place!! It has more championships and superstars than any other WBB colleges or universities!!!

Plus UConn’s medical staff has an excellent track record of attending to the needs of its athletes from hang nails to multiple ligament tears. They will take excellent care of her, and insure everything is properly repaired and rehabbed.

We know UConn is the place for her right now. Lets hope she and her family come to that same conclusion.
She can come back almost as good as new, or never be anywhere close to where she was before the injury, and never be the same again, or somewhere in the middle. We'll have to wait and see. Whether see comes to Storrs or not, I wish her a speedy and complete recovery. But as Go/Huskies said, we can use her size. :cool:

Last edited:

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I forgot the U19 championships were in August. My two years statement implied that she didn't play in 18-19 and now probably 19-20.

Reaction Score
I wonder what Cardoso is thinking about this turn of events........................these high ranking recruits sometimes over play their hands........................if she's serious about UConn she should let iet be known pronto..................

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ask Kevin Durant now about the value of second opinions.

Last week I saw something about the second procedure being to remove an appliance of some sort, but not from a source I would call official.

Reaction Score
Several people have opined that the "medical reasons" is a tact being employed to gain a medical waiver.

What specifically is the "medical waiver"? To play immediately without waiting out a year? or a sixth year to the window of eligibility, i.e. stretch the 4 out 5 rule to 4 out of 6?

How to Get a Medical Redshirt

Reaction Score
She certainly has had time to think about what she wants from a program. And, she may be a medical liability such as was B. Hunter.

(NOT Sedona Prince related, but. . . ) I disagree with the sentiment of this statement; for sure, Brittany Hunter had limitations, but it was awesome to see how well Rosemary and Geno managed her. She lasted longer, and played at a higher level, for two+ years, than most expected. And, if memory serves me, the 2007-2008 championship run was thwarted by more than Brittany's knee. Mel Thomas and Kalana Greene were also both on the bench due to their season-ending injuries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger