Secret Scrimmage | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Secret Scrimmage

Reaction Score
They definitely played because the picture of Akok and some girl who was a girls basketball player from Putnam Science was taken at Harvard. They both were playing Harvard yesterday.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They definitely played because the picture of Akok and some girl who was a girls basketball player from Putnam Science was taken at Harvard. They both were playing Harvard yesterday.

That doesn’t mean they played. They could have just been touring the campus ;)

Reaction Score
From the ncaa's view, what is the point to having the secrecy around a practice/scrimmage? I could see if the schools chose not to have public attendees and be scouted by future opponents, but what does ncaa mandatory complete secrecy supposedly accomplish?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hearing we beat Harvard and had a strong defensive showing. Don’t have stats or score though. Good start to the year.
It’s a true statement
Couple questions. Do you know if any of the freshman played? What the starting lineup was?

Reaction Score
From the ncaa's view, what is the point to having the secrecy around a practice/scrimmage? I could see if the schools chose not to have public attendees and be scouted by future opponents, but what does ncaa mandatory complete secrecy supposedly accomplish?
My understanding of exhibition games is, for schools to sell tickets to games that don't count, they can only be done with DII or DIII schools. So if you do play against a DI opponent, and you don't want the record to be official, it can't be open to the public. Not totally clear on the full rationale.

Reaction Score
My understanding of exhibition games is, for schools to sell tickets to games that don't count, they can only be done with DII or DIII schools. So if you do play against a DI opponent, and you don't want the record to be official, it can't be open to the public. Not totally clear on the full rationale.

You are being extremely kind by associating the word rationale with the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Hearing we beat Harvard and had a strong defensive showing. Don’t have stats or score though. Good start to the year.
Not sure what your sources are but Harvard is a top 20 team. If that’s true it would be tremendous

Reaction Score
Not sure what your sources are but Harvard is a top 20 team. If that’s true it would be tremendous

That is objectively false.

They are definitely top 100 though, whinch is important for the tourney. Kenpom has us at 71, harvard at 75 I believe. I can't find a single source with harvard top 20.

Reaction Score
Whatever happened at Harvard will be forgotten/or still not known after the next exhibition game against St Michael's. A game that posters will have actually seen rather than relying on speculation from unknown sources.

Reaction Score

It would great but keep in mind that there’s no fouling out in private scrimmages. Still to play tough and competitive is a great sign.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom