Secret Scrimmage #2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Secret Scrimmage #2

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When we win these, it's because our team is great and exactly as advertised. When we lose, it's because they're more like glorified practices and we're running vanilla sets.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Steve Pikiell lovers on this board can’t find a score?
Best I can find is that reddit post that says RU won by 8-9 points.

Reaction Score
My buddy is well connected in the RU booster circle. What he heard is it was a very boring scrimmage and that Connecticut plays tough D but really, really struggles to score in half court, which sounds about right. Minus adama, do we have someone who can put up points on a top 25 D.

Reaction Score
My buddy is well connected in the RU booster circle. What he heard is it was a very boring scrimmage and that Connecticut plays tough D but really, really struggles to score in half court, which sounds about right. Minus adama, do we have someone who can put up points on a top 25 D.
Would have to imagine their big guards shut down RJ which does not bode well for us. Really need (and want because he’s a terrific kid) RJ to be that go to guy but I’ll always be nervous when he goes up top notch defenders…

Reaction Score
Would have to imagine their big guards shut down RJ which does not bode well for us. Really need (and want because he’s a terrific kid) RJ to be that go to guy but I’ll always be nervous when he goes up top notch defenders…

Confirmed. This is a game we could lose even with Bouk, so no real surprises there. Prying for more info on specific players and will report back.

Reaction Score
It's no secret perimeter scoring/shooting is our achilles heel. I wonder if our guards are good enough in general to be a top team this year. This is not based off this meaningless scrimmage. Wondered it all last year as well.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
It's no secret perimeter scoring/shooting is our achilles heel. I wonder if our guards are good enough in general to be a top team this year. This is not based off this meaningless scrimmage. Wondered it all last year as well.
Really hoping Jordan Hawkins can alleviate some of the half court dysfunction. Having two snipers running off screens will open up a lot of backdoor rolls to our bigs.

Set the tone on defense, score in transition & make guarding our wings a nightmare with all the chasing/fighting through screens. Calhoun’s bread & butter - worked out pretty well I’d say.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
When you hear reports like this combined with DH asserting a ‘21 offense will run through the block, we should all be concerned.

Reaction Score
he’s not going to be a go-to scorer against top competition, due to his size/athleticism limitations. he’ll be fine against weaker teams, but we will need someone else to step into that role on the perimeter for this team to reach it’s full potential.

hawkins is the obvious candidate, but probably a year too soon for him. jackson would be another, if he somehow made major strides on his jumpshot. or gaffney if he completes his narrative arc as the cowardly lion and gains some courage.

due to the lack of any proven perimeter playmakers, i expect that our best offense will come from playing inside/out and surrounding adama with shooters, or getting out on the break.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It’s absolutely insane that people are making assumptions about players and the season as a whole based on a secret scrimmage game they know literally nothing about.
Twice removed from a Rutgers booster's not good enough? Was the booster there, or what was his source if not? And did he really say "really" twice? The season hangs in the balance...

Reaction Score
It’s absolutely insane that people are making assumptions about players and the season as a whole based on a secret scrimmage game they know literally nothing about.
This scrimmage is meaningless and no conclusions should be drawn from it....but, we have eyes and we watched the games last year. We struggled with shot creating and shot making in the half court WITH Bouk last year. It's pretty reasonable to assume that this has the potential to be an issue again this year. Frontcourt looks good. The backcourt is the concern. Pretty common knowledge. It showed up against better teams with good perimeter players last year. Nothing to do with today. Just a general statement that if anything holds us back it will be this.

Reaction Score
This scrimmage is meaningless and no conclusions should be drawn from it....but, we have eyes and we watched the games last year. We struggled with shot creating and shot making in the half court WITH Bouk last year. It's pretty reasonable to assume that this has the potential to be an issue again this year. Frontcourt looks good. The backcourt is the concern. Pretty common knowledge. It showed up against better teams with good perimeter players last year. Nothing to do with today. Just a general statement that if anything holds us back it will be this.
Relax, the sky isn't always falling

Reaction Score
he’s not going to be a go-to scorer against top competition, due to his size/athleticism limitations. he’ll be fine against weaker teams, but we will need someone else to step into that role on the perimeter for this team to reach it’s full potential.

hawkins is the obvious candidate, but probably a year too soon for him. jackson would be another, if he somehow made major strides on his jumpshot. or gaffney if he completes his narrative arc as the cowardly lion and gains some courage.

due to the lack of any proven perimeter playmakers, i expect that our best offense will come from playing inside/out and surrounding adama with shooters, or getting out on the break.
Need Jackson to take a huge step and/or Hawk to put up frosh Bouk numbers. Both are in the realm of possibility and fortunately with the veteran presence to ease the pressure in the hiccups that will come should make things easier for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom