Second viewing of SC game ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Second viewing of SC game ...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I didn't notice if anyone else mentioned this.. but I find the colors of the dress Doris Burke wore for the game rather interesting.. Scarlet and Black. And, in the beginning of the broadcast she talked about how much of a "program defining moment" it would be for SC to win.. Interesting???
how did that turn out...

dont read to deep into stuff

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The game is over and I'm pretty much over the outcome but anyone with eyes could see that wasn't a charge call. Players usually fall straight back taking charges not to the side. I agree with Doris Burke stating that should have been a play on.
I too thought it was a play on. However the 5th foul on Pheesa with Davis moving AND standing in the restricted area wasn't even close. That should have been an and one with Pheesa at 21 points. Like I said, I never complain about refs. I thought the game was called pretty much the same as I've seen most games called this year: equally atrocious, but for and against both sides.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Ya Gabby out jumping Coates to kick things off was a great preview of things to come! Might have been a little embarrassing for Alaina too :eek:

I do think she gets a "early jump" on the ball tho

Reflexes and timing are characteristics of "athleticism" as much as flat out speed, strength etc .

In my unscientific rerun of the opening tipoff it doesn't look like Gabby was noticeably early. Compared to Alaina, it looked like her acceleration was faster. She got to the ball at/near the top, maybe even slightly on way down. At the top of the leap, I think her hand was at least as high and her head was higher...and no need to comment on the comparative height of their feet. All this makes sense to me.

I can't slo-mo it, so this is just a few quick start/stop observations. Interested if anyone can step through it easily by frame etc.

jimazee is pretty much correct. They both begin their jump ALMOST EXACTLY the same time and their feet leave the floor ALMOST EXACTLY the same time. At the peak I'd say the height of their hands are close to equal BUT due to Gabby's better leap height off the floor her upward acceleration lasts longer and her timing at the peak is perfect but coats actually peaked slightly early. Gabby gets her hand inside of coats and that's all she wrote.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom