Second half thread UConn - FDU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Second half thread UConn - FDU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Goodbye, Harriet, signing off of Hoopstreams.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno and others have said the smaller ball size has some impact on the number of layup and other shots missed. I suspect many of the shots that bounce in and out of the basket would go in with the larger ball.

In the mens game many of the layups would be dunks.
larger and slightly heavier, too.

Reaction Score
Another thing to remember is that they are not taking those lay ups from rim level like the men. Many times they are shooting the lay up upwards on a very sharp and shallow angle that doesn't generate much rebound off the board. But you are right they all missed many more. They, also, do not handle physical contact as well.
I think it is psychological. Only a few high school boys play above the rim yet they have little or no trouble making layups. Even Geno has said he is mystified by this. Actually, it seems the bigger the women player, the worse they are at making layups. Certainly some of it is techique. These banked layups that go as high as the top of the banking board are most strange. The Banks, Lewises, and Moores don't have this problem. Perhaps it is an overall lack of coordination. Whatever it is, as a whole they are terrible. It does distract from the game.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
It really is getting awfully tough watching garbage like this 20 times a year. I was asleep by the first time out and woke up to see the beggars..

Reaction Score
This has to be the worst game thread ever!!! There was more bickering about Heather's lack of playing time than actual discussion of the game!

This was a very difficult game to watch. Continued poor shooting from the Stanford game. UCONN's defense wasn't as good, FDU shouldn't have been allowed to score 20 considering the talent level and 2 of their players injured.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This has to be the worst game thread ever!!! There was more bickering about Heather's lack of playing time than actual discussion of the game!

This was a very difficult game to watch. Continued poor shooting from the Stanford game. UCONN's defense wasn't as good, FDU shouldn't have been allowed to score 20 considering the talent level and 2 of their players injured.

Nothing to discuss in the game, Dave, it was flat out horrible. The first half was one thing but the second was simply off the charts.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Fair weather fan or true blue? Which are you?
Even crabbing about my ability to watch the game, I am true blue. I have a small window each year to watch this team, and good or bad I am going to watch them. If I expect perfection each time, I would have to lower my expectations. I look for little things, and try to see the good in the less than good.

But I am not going to complain (Hoopstreams notwithstanding). Like I said, I get to see these girls play for a limited time each year, and I am going to make the most of each and every game.

Also, I know that I am not perfect, and I do not perform to my optimum each and every day. If I did, then I feel that I could have the right to criticize anyone else who did not.

As for the fund raising, you have volume control, and if you must know, without the funds they raise, you would have nothing to watch at all, good or bad.

Rant over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA