Second half thread UConn - FDU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Second half thread UConn - FDU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
i agree. not sure if the defense has gotten sloppy, but with the subs in there, UCONN should still be beating their pants off.
Players are as bored with the game as the rest of us.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Heather just made a basket for you, Eric.
And again.

Reaction Score
I am not in love with Hoopstreams this year. seriously poor quality and the "refresher" just ain't working for me. Very, very disappointed
Last time i used it the picture was very fuzzzy the first half and perfect the second half!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Heather just made a basket for you, Eric.
good for heather. but my point was that she has no one to blame but herself for not getting off the bench vs. Stanford.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
good for heather. but my point was that she has no one to blame but herself for not getting off the bench vs. Stanford.
Yes, but your example was from this game and she has been playing well the previous two games. I would expect her offensive aggressiveness tonight is from not getting in and now forcing the issue.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yes, but your example was from this game and she has been playing well the previous two games. I would expect her offensive aggressiveness tonight is from not getting in and now forcing the issue.
not sure what team you are following but it can't be UCONN. UCONN's last game was Stanford, so Heather did NOT play well the last 2 games as she did not get off the bench vs. Stanford, hence her comments that Kara quoted. my point remains that Heather is now clearly behind freshman Stokes on the depth chart, a kid she's 2 years older than.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Jane, did you try manually lowering the speed?

Yes. I lowered it and that's how I got the underwater effect. It still froze, but not as much. I have checked my adobe flash, I have the proper version, I checked the settings, they are at recommended settings, I lowered the speed, I manually upped the speed, I did everything but get out and push.

Don't mean to be so crabby, ice. Just frustrated

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Come on you know I meant the two previous games she did play and everyone was commenting on how well she played. Don't be so pissy. Obviously she didn't play against Stanford since that was your whole point. And your comment about Stokes is self evident.

Reaction Score
I can see why some folks are not enamored with women's basketball. 6'4", 6'3", and 6'2" players missing layups. Drives me to distraction. Why do women have soooooo much trouble with layups?

Reaction Score
Yes. I lowered it and that's how I got the underwater effect. It still froze, but not as much. I have checked my adobe flash, I have the proper version, I checked the settings, they are at recommended settings, I lowered the speed, I manually upped the speed, I did everything but get out and push.

Don't mean to be so crabby, ice. Just frustrated
How old is your PC? WiFi or direct connect?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I can see why some folks are not enamored with women's basketball. 6'4", 6'3", and 6'2" players missing layups. Drives me to distraction. Why do women have soooooo much trouble with layups?
One thing I have noticed is that women seem to get themselves too far under the basket or too shallow an angle to properly use the board.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Come on you know I meant the two previous games she did play and everyone was commenting on how well she played. Obviously she didn't play against Stanford since that was your whole point.
no, i don't. seeing as you are arguing with me over a quote heather apparently made to kara, i'm a bit mystified about what you are even arguing about. Geno apparently does NOT feel heather played well - at least not well enough to get in vs. Stanford. so maybe you feel heather is playing well, but the guy who's opinion matters saw fit not to play her. i'm still not sure what you are arguing about or disagreeing with.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lauren like last year, still hasn't seen a shot she doesn't like. :)

Besides the win, the only good that will come out of this game is that all 11 roster players will play double digit in minutes.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
no, i don't. seeing as you are arguing with me over a quote heather apparently made to kara, i'm a bit mystified about what you are even arguing about. Geno apparently does NOT feel heather played well - at least not well enough to get in vs. Stanford. so maybe you feel heather is playing well, but the guy who's opinion matters saw fit not to play her. i'm still not sure what you are arguing about or disagreeing with.

You are simply stating the obvious and the unnecessary about Heather. Glass half empty all the time.

Reaction Score
One thing I have noticed is that women seem to get themselves too far under the basket or too shallow an angle to properly use the board.
To me they seem to miss from all angles and positions. Even Tina blew numerous layups. They must hurry their shots. But why would they against a team like UFD?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Brianna Banks the high scorer with 17. anyone predict that??!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
To me they seem to miss from all angles and positions. Even Tina blew numerous layups. They must hurry their shots. But why would they against a team like UFD?
Another thing to remember is that they are not taking those lay ups from rim level like the men. Many times they are shooting the lay up upwards on a very sharp and shallow angle that doesn't generate much rebound off the board. But you are right they all missed many more. They, also, do not handle physical contact as well.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
E-mail their help desk. That's what I did. Now my picture is fine.
WIll try that next. I think maybe I saw 7 minutes of the second half. the good news is that it freezes during the breaks, too

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Geno and others have said the smaller ball size has some impact on the number of layup and other shots missed. I suspect many of the shots that bounce in and out of the basket would go in with the larger ball.

In the mens game many of the layups would be dunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom