SEC Would be a Brilliant Stroke | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SEC Would be a Brilliant Stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey Chief! Are we going to win the NC again this year? Since you are batting 1000% I was hoping you could tell us wether we have a chance to win it all.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
The interesting thing is, if the SEC added Rutgers and UCONN, the SEC would increase viewership in the Northeast exponentially. People would start following college sports more. You would basically be turning Rutgers and UCONN into rock stars in the North. It won't happen, but you are underestimating the power of SEC quality football. I watch the SEC simply because I love the quality of play. , I was rooting for Tim Tebow on Sunday during the Broncos game. SEC football takes things to another level. All that said, it ain't happening.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And on the NCAA thing - I had an impeccable source - who proved to be correct. My understanding is there was no precedent to ban us from post season. And while the two formally are not suppose to be factored into the recruiting sanctions decision - they knew the APR situation and did not want us playing with 8 or 9 players. That's not how TV contracts work. They felt a 10 limit would hinder us along with the contact restrictions , etc.

I do think JC is brilliant at finding loopholes - from reading various stories on recruits I think we are often communicating via AAU coaches to players during certain black periods per the sanctions. The Drummond thing was an approach that I bet the NCAA types had not considered.

So you are saying that you needed a source to validate there would be no postseason ban. And that makes you credible. Most posters in this forum had examined other programs and alleged infractions and argued there wasn't going to be a post season ban. So how does this make you special on this point when all you did was agree with about fifty other posters.

Are you going on record as saying the NCAA was concerned about UConn playing with less than ten players in deciding their course of action? And are you saying that the NCAA has based this decision to support a television contract?

If you have greater knowledge about things than the rest of us please explain the APR to us. What is UConn's APR score and how was the APR calculated. How did this lead to the reduction of three scholarships? And what would have been the further consequences if the score was lower? Was the score impacted by Jerome positively or negatively? If positively by how much in the score and in the availability of scholarships or ability to even play this season? If negatively by how much? Which players did impact the score negatively.

Reaction Score
My girl is a USC fan and we go to games whenever we can- most my friends in ATL have a team they route for in the SEC. It is a religion down here. I do not see them ever asking some yankees to join their club- they do not care- they do not need us nor our markets. I hope Santa brings me a Ferrari for X-mas- he can bring it with our SEC invitation.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
My girl is a USC fan and we go to games whenever we can- most my friends in ATL have a team they route for in the SEC. It is a religion down here. I do not see them ever asking some yankees to join their club- they do not care- they do not need us nor our markets. I hope Santa brings me a Ferrari for X-mas- he can bring it with our SEC invitation.
USC east you mean. You probably have a better pulse than I do about the SEC conference and their attitudes to Northeastern schools. My perception is they would look at this thread and would choke on their grits.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
His level of conceit is only exceeded by his level of exaggeration. A lot of people predicted the things he's predicted but don't feel it necessary to keep score and make themselves self important. I will gladly retract my statement if UConn ends up in the SEC. My feeling is this will be as much this poster chest pumping without substance as was his proclamation Jamal Coombs-McDaniel was going to be the next great UConn wing.
He has basically suggested that we could go to three different leagues and he will take credit for any now. He will also believe it's exactly what he predicted.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He has basically suggested that we could go to three different leagues and he will take credit for any now. He will also believe it's exactly what he predicted.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Take a look at what he did in this thread. In his OP he states: I think Herbst needs to focus more on the SEC and play hard to get with the ACC.
At another point in the thread he states: I believe we are already in conversation with Bama and GA. Herbst would like better geography for travel given academics and she is an ACC girl at heart. But, we can do what ESPN did to the brilliant BE Commissioner and turn the tables on them by going to the SEC.

So what he is doing is classical Chief. First he says she should look at the SEC. But after being questioned about the plausibility of this option he tweaks things and tries to give himself more credibility by stating "I believe we are already in conversation with Bama and Georgia". Of course she worked at those schools and has contacts in both schools, so he is at least being logical which schools she would start off with if the SEC were a viable option for her to explore. But he presents it a manner that makes it sound not just a potential possibility, but likely. Most people would state it another way. They would say if she was trying to seek SEC admittance she could approach Georgia and Alabama. But then again Chief is not most people.

If this guy is not a politician he missed his calling because he knows how to speak out of both sides of his mouth and counts on people not paying close attention to everything he says. Most people won't keep track of all the counter points he makes to his own position, or the subtle distortions of statements that he makes to justify himself. I'm glad a few people are taking issue with him on this.

C

Chief00

Fleudslipcon - Yes, I think we should go to the SEC. Yes, UConn is having conversations with them and the Big Ten. And with all the legal liability now pending from Flipper's recent comment, perhaps the ACC door will re-open as well. But, I would prefer the SEC or Big 10. It's not a big conspiracy or at all a contradiction. It's is what is happening. I suggest you join up with Jerome's D League team and you do the bed checks. That will keep you busy and maybe prevent you from making a further fool of yourself.

And for the record, I only cited sources regarding the SEC.

Take a look at what he did in this thread. In his OP he states: I think Herbst needs to focus more on the SEC and play hard to get with the ACC.
At another point in the thread he states: I believe we are already in conversation with Bama and GA. Herbst would like better geography for travel given academics and she is an ACC girl at heart. But, we can do what ESPN did to the brilliant BE Commissioner and turn the tables on them by going to the SEC.

So what he is doing is classical Chief. First he says she should look at the SEC. But after being questioned about the plausibility of this option he tweaks things and tries to give himself more credibility by stating "I believe we are already in conversation with Bama and Georgia". Of course she worked at those schools and has contacts in both schools, so he is at least being logical which schools she would start off with if the SEC were a viable option for her to explore. But he presents it a manner that makes it sound not just a potential possibility, but likely. Most people would state it another way. They would say if she was trying to seek SEC admittance she could approach Georgia and Alabama. But then again Chief is not most people.

If this guy is not a politician he missed his calling because he knows how to speak out of both sides of his mouth and counts on people not paying close attention to everything he says. Most people won't keep track of all the counter points he makes to his own position, or the subtle distortions of statements that he makes to justify himself. I'm glad a few people are taking issue with him on this.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Fleudslipcon - Yes, I think we should go to the SEC. Yes, UConn is having conversations with them and the Big Ten. And with all the legal liability now pending from Flipper's recent comment, perhaps the ACC door will re-open as well. But, I would prefer the SEC or Big 10. It's not a big conspiracy or at all a contradiction. It's is what is happening. I suggest you join up with Jerome's D League team and you do the bed checks. That will keep you busy and maybe prevent you from making a further fool of yourself.

And for the record, I only cited sources regarding the SEC.
Could you give us a link to those sources please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom