SEC Tournament Bracket and Discussion | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SEC Tournament Bracket and Discussion

Reaction Score
Morrow still got away with a punch in the melee, and she’s the player most responsible for the tone of this game.
Angel, Morrow, and Flau'jae were all responsible for the way this game played out. Should this continue, LSU won't last long in the NCAAs. Outside of the SEC, their act will not be tolerated.

Reaction Score
Angel, Morrow, and Flau'jae were all responsible for the way this game played out. Should this continue, LSU won't last long in the NCAAs. Outside of the SEC, their act will not be tolerated.
Angel Reese and FJ (until the two frustration fouls) were just committing John Stockton-type annoying fouls. I even think the F1 on Reese was a bit of bad luck and would have been fine against normal sized posts. Yeah, they knew what they were doing, but to the extent anyone thinks it was “dirty” play, it was dirty play within the acceptable and expected range.

Morrow was a menace all day. It was ridiculous that the announcing crew celebrated her elbow that would have sent someone to the hospital had she connected, and she had several lesser but also potentially injurious plays, including an elbow to Kitts away from the ball in the 1st Q. Even her kind of shove from behind in the final seconds was ridiculous given the score and situation.

Reaction Score
I have no issue with Kamilla being tossed. She is a hothead and needs to be reprimanded for such. However, I have a HUGE issue with Angel, Morrow, and Flau'jae being allowed to repeatedly taunt, flop, talk trash, and incite violence without any sort of consequence. This is a major failure on behalf of that officiating crew and a huge eyesore for the SEC. You had an LSU player's family member jump onto the court for !

Reaction Score
Both teams wear their emotions on their sleeves and need to learn to fuel it into game performance. I'm ok with some competitive jawing but I was very disappointed that Cardoso let it get to her. With that said, the refs let it get out of hand and I was also very disappointed by the behavior on both teams at times.

Reaction Score
I wish she wouldn't but Cardoso is gonna do that 10 out of 10 times. Jk. She did it recently on her national team, she's done it earlier in the season. I don't love it but idk I kinda think that's how she's wired. I also think she just shoved her, it's not like she swung. I think she was rightfully ejected but don't love that she is suspended. Maybe it's a learning moment for her, and something Dawn can coach her on for her remaining time in SC. As everyone has said, I do think the refs did a really poor job. There could've been like 5 taunting techs.

Reaction Score
Both teams wear their emotions on their sleeves and need to learn to fuel it into game performance. I'm ok with some competitive jawing but I was very disappointed that Cardoso let it get to her. With that said, the refs let it get out of hand and I was also very disappointed by the behavior on both teams at times.
I'm disappointed in Kamilla, too. However, I'm even more disappointed in Angel, Aneesah, and Flau'jae for the role they play(ed) in this senselessness. They know what kind of stigma is placed on players who look like them, yet they feed right into the stereotypes with their nonsense. It's not a good look, but it doesn't appear that they care.

The more and more we see from these LSU players (those three and you can toss Hailey Van Lith in there as well), the more I'm gutted for Aliyah. She deserved a second natty. Angel didn't deserve it.

Reaction Score
Angel Reese and FJ (until the two frustration fouls) were just committing John Stockton-type annoying fouls. I even think the F1 on Reese was a bit of bad luck and would have been fine against normal sized posts. Yeah, they knew what they were doing, but to the extent anyone thinks it was “dirty” play, it was dirty play within the acceptable and expected range.

Morrow was a menace all day. It was ridiculous that the announcing crew celebrated her elbow that would have sent someone to the hospital had she connected, and she had several lesser but also potentially injurious plays, including an elbow to Kitts away from the ball in the 1st Q. Even her kind of shove from behind in the final seconds was ridiculous given the score and situation.
I agree re Morrow, but Angel pulled Kamilla's hair and elbowed her in the face--all in the first half. She never should've been around to play in the second half.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm disappointed in Kamilla, too. However, I'm even more disappointed in Angel, Aneesah, and Flau'jae for the role they play(ed) in this senselessness. They know what kind of stigma is placed on players who look like them, yet they feed right into the stereotypes with their nonsense. It's not a good look, but it doesn't appear that they care.

The more and more we see from these LSU players (those three and you can toss Hailey Van Lith in there as well), the more I'm gutted for Aliyah. She deserved a second natty. Angel didn't deserve it.

Be Quiet Hold Up GIF by Awkward Daytime TV

Reaction Score
An absolutely disgusting display for Women's Basketball. I don't buy "the rivalry"..."heated moments". Kim Mulkey and Dawn Staley have lost all my respect. They are supposed to be leaders for these young women.

Reaction Score
The best thing to happen to NCAAW would be if SC loses this year. They have an overly cocky team that, and any athlete will tell you this, doesn’t just go about their winning—they are in your face. And yes, they win and those who win often leave people envious. However, they need to be humbled.
Lol

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 22
Reaction Score
The best thing to happen to NCAAW would be if SC loses this year. They have an overly cocky team that, and any athlete will tell you this, doesn’t just go about their winning—they are in your face. And yes, they win and those who win often leave people envious. However, they need to be humbled.
Doesn't appear to work that way with the basketball gods. Aliyah is one of the nicest human beings on the planet, but somehow her humility wasn't rewarded. She had to endure a loss to a team with an extremely cocky player and watched as that team got steamrolled by a team with an even cockier player. Imagine that. You do things the right way and still don't get rewarded while the taunters and showboaters got to battle it out for a title.

I guess humility doesn't pay but cockiness does. Since South Carolina has that in spades this year, maybe this team hoists the trophy.

Reaction Score
A couple of observations:
  1. Both teams looked really flat in the 3rd, like they were too tired to play organized bb. It wasn’t really fatigue but it looked like it. Milaysia cleaned up on a few broken plays and FJ hit from the perimeter to keep the offenses moving. But it really looked like neither team could run a play for quite a stretch. Neither one looked to me like NC contenders today. I’m sure SC will pull it together before for next tournament.
  2. There was altogether too much taunting by both teams. Maybe this is what an SEC rivalry looks like these days. I don’t remember it being this bad before Kim and Angel joined the league. And Dawn has allowed a similar culture to grow up this season at SC. I don’t remember anything like this in the Boston years. I hope Dawn does something to clean it up. I have no expectation that Kim will do anything about it.

Reaction Score
I hate to break it to folks but both of those teams are contenders and looked every bit of it today.

No question some enterprising bunch of young ladies might knock either one of them out, but it ain't going to be easy.
I agree with this. Both teams have warts, but I don't think that there are too many teams clamoring to face either in the NCAAT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom