8. Georgia
9. Missouri
10. Alabama

11. Florida

12. Ole Miss
13. Vanderbilt
14. Auburn

Reaction Score
I’ll caveat this post with the fact I’m a Mississippi State fan and I’ve got a rooting interest in them. That said I think you make a lot of valid points and I definitely think Kentucky is capable of pulling some upsets if they get hot. The first time they played Mississippi State they couldn’t miss early and went on a roll. However I also saw them get “punched in the mouth” a couple of times last season and they didn’t respond well. Based on what they have returning, what they lost, and what they gained I don’t think their biggest need, mental strength and consistency, has been addressed enough to put them in the position to be a dark horse for first or even second in the league.
Regarding the other post about Mississippi State being capable of winning the league, I’m certainly hopeful but think the hill for them to climb is really high to do that. The new coaching staff is bringing in a different system. I’m very happy with her being selected but Coach McCray-Penson still hasn’t won at this level. She has been successful but she simply hasn’t had to be the one making the final call against this level of opposition on a night in night out basis.
South Carolina lost two huge pieces in Harris and Herbert-Harringan and that is a big question mark for them. However I think the factor that will carry them until that gets answered is A Boston. She was so consistent last season and I think will continue to get better. She also commands at least a double team and has the ability to make her teammates better and makeup for others shortcomings.

Make no mistake I don’t think Kentucky will finish first or second in the league but I do think they’ll be a dark horse in terms of ability in beating some very good teams this year. They add size and although it’s unproven Owens and Leveretter is likely better than Cole and adds to more rebounding down low. Rhyne Howard returns and gave every team in the league fits and I expect that to happen again this year. Brea Beal was the only guard who I saw that could at least give Howard some trouble defensively and she still went for over 20 against us twice. I think she’ll be even better this year. Her along with Patterson and Hunt will be a very good backcourt group.
A lot of people is sleeping on Zia Cooke and constantly overlooks her and I’m not sure why she had the most 20 point scoring games of everyone last year. Aliyah will definitely be our number one option but Cooke will be an All American as soon as this year I’m willing to bet. Not many guards in the country that can do what she does offensively. Another player being overlooked is Amihere. Not saying she will be better than Herbert Harrigan but she will definitely soften the blow of losing her to graduation. LA doesn’t have the knee brace this year and will show a lot of people why she was a top 10 recruit out of High School. Losing Harris and KiKi will be tough but I really think the young ladies will be up to the task. Good luck to Nikki and Miss St I expect y’all to be just as tough again this year. Can’t wait for the season to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom