SEC Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SEC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shes being out recruited thats the point .....
Please read post #50 in this thread. I KNOW that Banghart is recruiting better. That wasn't the point of my original post (#39).
I also knew that some posters would not be able to resist dragging the comparison, of the 2 coaches, into the discussion.
Even though I tried to avoid it.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well, let's be frank here, @stwainfan constantly wants to tout Tenn no matter how illogical on the UConn site so when a statement like Tenn led the SEC in assists is not couched with correctness (they were second) and with context (the had MORE turnovers than assists) there are those that will then go beyond to point out disparities like Kelly being out recruited by Courtney. To me, I am ok with both coaches as both just finished their 1st year with similar dysfunctional situations. The fanbase for the LV's is more dysfunctional than the Tarheels and certainly more vocal and as we have the LV on our schedule this year with Evina on our roster, there are those of us who simply want to pummel the LVs regardless of the coach. Do I hold animas towards Kelly? No, but do I disdain the fans? Absolutely! I do not see Tenn vying for an SEC title in the near term (1-3 years) given what they have on the roster vs. other schools.

Reaction Score
Well, let's be frank here, @stwainfan constantly wants to tout Tenn no matter how illogical on the UConn site so when a statement like Tenn led the SEC in assists is not couched with correctness (they were second) and with context (the had MORE turnovers than assists) there are those that will then go beyond to point out disparities like Kelly being out recruited by Courtney. To me, I am ok with both coaches as both just finished their 1st year with similar dysfunctional situations. The fanbase for the LV's is more dysfunctional than the Tarheels and certainly more vocal and as we have the LV on our schedule this year with Evina on our roster, there are those of us who simply want to pummel the LVs regardless of the coach. Do I hold animas towards Kelly? No, but do I disdain the fans? Absolutely! I do not see Tenn vying for an SEC title in the near term (1-3 years) given what they have on the roster vs. other schools.
Maybe I’m reaching...but I’m sensing some slight hostility toward the Lady Volunteers fanbase. Again my apologies if I read too much into your post.

Reaction Score
Don’t hurt sweet general KJH’s feelings with facts they become aggressive !

Reaction Score
“We were going to start the season against South Carolina right here in Eugene and ESPN probably was going to pick that up,” Oregon coach Kelly Graves said on The James Crepea Show on KORE 1050 Fox Sports Eugene. “Right now ESPN can’t program anything because they don’t know what their fall is going to look like. We might have college football on five nights a week in early November; so they weren’t able to do it. Plus we have the two biggest fan bases in the country and I just thought this isn’t fair to our fans that they’re more than likely not going to be able to be there and certainly not in the numbers we would’ve expected. I think we’re just going to put that off for a year.”

Oregon has agreed to play in the Battle 4 Atlantis from Nov. 21-23, per a contract acquired by The Oregonian/OregonLive via public records request.

Graves said South Carolina, Oklahoma and Marquette are among the other teams in the event.

Reaction Score
Disappointing, but I guess Atlantis won't have any incentive to schedule around South Carolina- Oregon matchup now. Hopefully, they won't.

Reaction Score

Tyesha Harris SEC Female Athlete of the Year

Reaction Score
“We were going to start the season against South Carolina right here in Eugene and ESPN probably was going to pick that up,” Oregon coach Kelly Graves said on The James Crepea Show on KORE 1050 Fox Sports Eugene. “Right now ESPN can’t program anything because they don’t know what their fall is going to look like. We might have college football on five nights a week in early November; so they weren’t able to do it. Plus we have the two biggest fan bases in the country and I just thought this isn’t fair to our fans that they’re more than likely not going to be able to be there and certainly not in the numbers we would’ve expected. I think we’re just going to put that off for a year.”

Oregon has agreed to play in the Battle 4 Atlantis from Nov. 21-23, per a contract acquired by The Oregonian/OregonLive via public records request.

Graves said South Carolina, Oklahoma and Marquette are among the other teams in the event.

Hmmm...not sure Oregon's fan-base is larger than Tennessee or Miss States fan base

Reaction Score
Harper was an interesting choice as something obviously went awry at NC State and she wasn't necessarily the dominant program in the Valley despite helming one of its best traditional programs (she did very well, but no reg season titles).

I think Tennessee could easily re-emerge as an SEC contender, but like all of them Harper needs to start landing the dominant recruits. I was disappointed for them that they didn't land Key or MacPherson.
The Mcphersons and Key are not the recruits she needs to re-establish UT. Ryan Howard, Treasure Hunt, Madison Hayes, Crystal Dangerfield and keep the Massengills from transferring. Thats what needs to happen on old rocky top

Reaction Score
To be fair Horston was a big recruit. So were Westbrook and Z. Greene but both are gone to other schools.

UT didn't seem to be consistently winning with highly rated players and maybe a few under the radar pieces could be helpful if complimented by some big time prospects. UT has a good looking 2021 class headed their way.

Reaction Score
Hmmm...not sure Oregon's fan-base is larger than Tennessee or Miss States fan base
WCBB Social Media followers by school (thanks to @CamrnCrz1974 and @SkullSparks). OR #6, SC #3
1592853400799.png

Reaction Score

Might be counting all the tv eyes on the West Coast?

I can't find official 2019-2020

HOME ATTENDANCE 2018-2019
1.South Carolina17 176,904 10,406
2.Iowa St.20 191,462 9,573 (I love that fanbase)
3.Louisville17 162,021 9,531
4.UConn14 124,177 8,870
5.Mississippi St.17 143,578 8,446
6.Notre Dame17 143,382 8,434
7.Tennessee17 136,471 8,028
8.Oregon17 121,511 7,148

ALL GAMES: 2018-2019
1.UConn38 288,433 (The Roadies)
2.Notre Dame39 273,063
3.South Carolina33 254,887
4.Mississippi St.36 248,267
5.Iowa St.35 244,341
6.Louisville36 241,510
7.Oregon38 229,250
8.Baylor38 225,121

Reaction Score
At least Duck fans and MSU fans have something in common.

Neither went to the University of Oregon.

Reaction Score
At least Duck fans and MSU fans have something in common.

Neither went to the University of Oregon.
And at least Washington State and Oregon State athletics has something in common. Both athletic departments are about broke. And that was before COVID.

Reaction Score
My sympathies are with those Mississippi fans and players who want no part of the Confederacy but are caught in cross fire.

SC has been there.

how GA gets away with their flag, I can't imagine.

It's overwhelming the number of people who want the flag changed. All of the major coaches from all 8 state supported universities were in Jackson today to lobby for changing the flag. Looks like it is going to get done. Just a matter of time now. Hope we don't pull a Georgia and replace the old flag with one that still has references to the Old South.

Reaction Score
Wow -- South Carolina. Just wow! Raven Johnson now as well? The SEC is going to be ruled by South Carolina. UCONN needs Azzi. In the planet of WCBB for the future South Carolina is a complete beast. And on the West Coast - Stanford is a beast. Its possible South Carolina can have a bit of a struggle this year but after that -- forget about it. The SEC is done - every team in the SEC is living in South Carolina's world now- excluding "maybe" this year.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Wow -- South Carolina. Just wow! Raven Johnson now as well? The SEC is going to be ruled by South Carolina. UCONN needs Azzi. In the planet of WCBB for the future South Carolina is a complete beast. And on the West Coast - Stanford is a beast. Its possible South Carolina can have a bit of a struggle this year but after that -- forget about it. The SEC is done - every team in the SEC is living in South Carolina's world now- excluding "maybe" this year.
With three freshmen starters a year better and returning "solid" players who played coming off the bench with no drop off.....how are they not better this year than last. You have some very quality players on that bench in Henderson, Saxon, Grissett, Amihere, and Littleton a transfer who is eligible. That team won't have a drop off and could actually be better. Amihere was the No.1 recruit before her injury.....she has had another year to mend.....come on....

Reaction Score
With three freshmen starters a year better and returning "solid" players who played coming off the bench with no drop off.....how are they not better this year than last. You have some very quality players on that bench in Henderson, Saxon, Grissett, Amihere, and Littleton a transfer who is eligible. That team won't have a drop off and could actually be better. Amihere was the No.1 recruit before her injury.....she has had another year to mend.....come on....
\
It's possible a soph or 2 won't be better. OFC they probably will. I didn’t say SC wouldn't. I was just being cautious while declaring you are going to be a monster overall for years 2-5. This is what you want to pick me apart on? Really? With your rival also being so damn good too? You had 2 seniors taken with the 7th and 8th picks overall while your leading experienced player the jr only got 17 minutes. And who's to say any of your pg's will fill that pg role at high level? Harris was tremendous. Now you have two pg's in which the one with the most assist had a ratio of 1.5 - to- 1. You understand that that's not very good for an elite team, right? Unless you are suggesting passing for an elite team doesn't count much? And Harrigan was tremendous. SC will probably be a beasts of beasts this year in the SEC but your rival is damn good too, aren't they?. I just posted caution because after this year-- while you still might be tremendous this year-- next year and on you are going to be "sick."

As for Amihere. You and others are more experts than I. But why wasn't she better this past year? Last year was year 2 of her injury. The 2nd year back, she is 6'4 and she shoots 41% from 2? But on the flip side she shoots 53% from 3 which is good despite not taking that many. She rebounded well it seems but she's a disaster passing. Wouldn’t a very good pg help her a lot?

**************You are certain you're 2 pg's are going to be very, very good this year and Miss State who is projected to be 3rd in the country according to ESPN. THIRD IN THE COUNTRY. THIRD IN THE COUNTRY. Yet I'm supposed to say you are UNDOUBTEDLY going to rule the SEC this upcoming year? Seriously?:

I was just offering caution. You have a tough team to compete with. That's all. If I were to bet ofc your team will probably be terrific again. Is Miss State highly overrated? That I don't know.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
\
It's possible a soph or 2 won't be better. OFC they probably will. I didn’t say SC wouldn't. I was just being cautious while declaring you are going to be a monster overall for years 2-5. This is what you want to pick me apart on? Really? With your rival also being so damn good too? You had 2 seniors taken with the 7th and 8th picks overall while your leading experienced player the jr only got 17 minutes. And who's to say any of your pg's will fill that pg role at high level? Harris was tremendous. Now you have two pg's in which the one with the most assist had a ratio of 1.5 - to- 1. You understand that that's not very good for an elite team, right? Unless you are suggesting passing for an elite team doesn't count much? And Harrigan was tremendous. SC will probably be a beasts of beasts this year in the SEC but your rival is damn good hot too, aren't they?. I just posted caution because after this year-- while you still might be tremendous this year-- next year and on you are going to be "sick."

As for Amihere. You and others are more experts than I. But why wasn't she better this past year? Last year was year 2 of her injury. The 2nd year back, she is 6'4 and she shoots 41% from 2? But on the flip side she shoots 53% from 3 which is good despite not taking that many. She rebounded well it seems but she's a disaster passing. Wouldn’t a very good pg help her a lot?

**************You are certain you're 2 pg's are going to be very, very good this year and Miss State who is projected to be 3rd in the country according to ESPN. THIRD IN THE COUNTRY. THIRD IN THE COUNTRY. Yet I'm supposed to say you are UNDOUBTEDLY going to rule the SEC this upcoming year? Seriously?:

I was just offering caution. You have a tough team to compete with. That's all. If I were to bet ofc your team will probably be terrific again. Is Miss State highly overrated? That I don't know.

I got the point that you were trying to make. From a roster standpoint, 2020-2021 "could" potentially be the weakest of a group of very strong rosters, and that happens when you have turnover at point guard and losing a do it all forward like Herbert-Harrigan. That's nothing against Henderson, she's just taking another step this season and there "could" be growing pains. That doesn't mean it's a bad roster.. it just may not be as strong as 2019-2020 or 2021-2022. 2022-2023 will be a strong year for SC as well.

Reaction Score

South Carolina loses its two best players. Harris was masterful as a senior and there is no one like Herbert-Harrigan to pair with Boston.

gamecocks will be very good but it's reasonable to wonder if there will be a step back

Reaction Score
I got the point that you were trying to make. From a roster standpoint, 2020-2021 "could" potentially be the weakest of a group of very strong rosters, and that happens when you have turnover at point guard and losing a do it all forward like Herbert-Harrigan. That's nothing against Henderson, she's just taking another step this season and there "could" be growing pains. That doesn't mean it's a bad roster.. it just may not be as strong as 2019-2020 or 2021-2022. 2022-2023 will be a strong year for SC as well.

Yes yes. That's all I meant. No bad intent meant against your terrific basketball team.

Reaction Score
\
It's possible a soph or 2 won't be better. OFC they probably will. I didn’t say SC wouldn't. I was just being cautious while declaring you are going to be a monster overall for years 2-5. This is what you want to pick me apart on? Really? With your rival also being so damn good too? You had 2 seniors taken with the 7th and 8th picks overall while your leading experienced player the jr only got 17 minutes. And who's to say any of your pg's will fill that pg role at high level? Harris was tremendous. Now you have two pg's in which the one with the most assist had a ratio of 1.5 - to- 1. You understand that that's not very good for an elite team, right? Unless you are suggesting passing for an elite team doesn't count much? And Harrigan was tremendous. SC will probably be a beasts of beasts this year in the SEC but your rival is damn good too, aren't they?. I just posted caution because after this year-- while you still might be tremendous this year-- next year and on you are going to be "sick."

Amihere got injured her Junior and Senior year in high school. This season was her first full season back since she was a Sophomore in high school. She graduated early because of the injury and enrolled at SC but did not play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom