SEC and Big Ten announce that they are setting up an advisory committee for college sports … | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SEC and Big Ten announce that they are setting up an advisory committee for college sports …

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not an antitrust expert...but I have seen enough internet lawyers espouse their "legal" opinion..

Of course antitrust and the Sherman Act have played in...particularly in Alston vs NCAA...so athletes can get paid...do I think that will impact the P2 ? Nope. If anything, it may help the P2 break away from the all controlling NCAA.

I am more interested in the antitrust suit filed against Brown University, California Institute of Technology, the University of Chicago, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Emory University, Georgetown University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Northwestern University, the University of Notre Dame.

College athletics loses every time a serious lawsuit is brought against it, to the point that the President of the NCAA is publicly requesting an anti-trust exemption. But next time will be different?

Reaction Score
The fact that the P2 are setting up an athletics advisory committee and Notre Dame was not invited must be creating angst in South Bend. And, the ACC and ACC schools are probably not happy as they weren't invited either clarifying where they stand in the pecking order.

Reaction Score
It's Happening
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Reaction Score
And we will go from seeing a handful of football games a week on CBS (pre 1985) to all having streaming access to games of their choice...

I suspect that our viewpoint is affected by our vantage point..and our perspective is shaped by our experience in life...What I do like about sports is that I sense a continuity

I would talk to my dad as he watched his Michigan play on a blurry TV...and my boy and I watched FSU together... and sports talk is still an important part of our father-son vocabulary...and it cheers me to see the same dynamic passed on to his son...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom