SEC 21-22 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

SEC 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like that choice! For LSU I can see Trasi making some noise under Kim. She’s solid and has some skills so I’m interested to see how it work.
I hope Trasi does well this year. She showed so much potential year one here but then regressed significantly year two under Nikki for some reason. Her shooting in particular (from 3) went downhill pretty bad.

Reaction Score
I hope Trasi does well this year. She showed so much potential year one here but then regressed significantly year two under Nikki for some reason. Her shooting in particular (from 3) went downhill pretty bad.
Because we were so predictable. Just too easy for teams to make us struggle

Reaction Score
That SEC is going to be wild and hopefully competitive over the years to come. Love what Coach Staley has done with South Carolina. Coach Mulkey is gonna have LSU in the mix in a few years, if not this year. Arkansas and Coach Neighbors. He has that program highly competitive and a threat every night. Alabama is becoming a threat. Coach Curry has that program headed in the right direction. What is great about seeing teams like Alabama and Arkansas. I could throw in Auburn, Kentucky, Missouri, and Flordia, is that these teams are not getting 4 & 5 Star recruits! They are getting the 2s and 3s and developing those players into competitive units. And if they can get two 4 or 5 Star players, that is going to be a program changer for a lot of those programs.
add Texas and Ole Miss.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss goes down to Belmont! Destinee Wells with a fabulous game for Belmont. Missouri barely escapes Murray State, and Georgia Southern giving Auburn a scare here.

The mighty SEC everyone!

Reaction Score
Ole Miss goes down to Belmont! Destinee Wells with a fabulous game for Belmont. Missouri barely escapes Murray State, and Georgia Southern giving Auburn a scare here.

The mighty SEC everyone!
Missouri and Auburn have been dumpster fires for a while now. I think we all expected Auburn to have major problems. Ole Miss though should be embarrassed by some of that play.

SEC is not good outside of SC, Georgia, and maybe Arky/Texas AM (I respect coach Blair). Kentucky is so hit or miss but I am not sold on them either but they are above average. The rest we dont know much about yet.

Last edited:

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score

The mighty SEC everyone!
What baffles me is Austin only netting 5 points on 2-9 shooting with 3 TO and 4 fouls.

Reaction Score
I think OM came out a little full of themselves and didn’t play like they wanted to win.

I also think that OM had very few ideas about how to make adjustments.

Reaction Score

The mighty SEC everyone!
The mighty 11th place finisher in the SEC everyone.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss only scored 3 points in the 1st period.....ouch.....

I can remember not so long ago when their first score of a game came in like the last minute of the first half.

I will always be skeptical that they can put the talent there to its maximum benefit.

Reaction Score

The mighty SEC everyone!
Not really shocking, you're talking about 3 of the 4 worst teams in the SEC only a season ago. The only real shocking loss to me is Ole Miss and that was mainly due to how well the played to end the season, but they can't expect to win many if any games with Austin only scoring 5 points.

Reaction Score
I don't really know where the mindset of the "mighty SEC " comes from at this point. The SEC hasn't been anywhere near the best conference in many years. SC and MSU dominated for a long stretch and SC will do so for the foreseeable future but after that I don't know who among them would be considered a top 10 or even 15 squad. The teams referenced were at the bottom last year and will be again, but I am a little surprised Ole Miss lost to Belmont. Austin with 5 points won't beat many teams.

Reaction Score

The mighty SEC everyone!
Why all the SEC hatred? Name a conference out there with more than 4 or 5 teams that are probable locks for the tournament. The SEC has SC, A&M, Tennessee, Georgia and probably LSU and Kentucky. Probably the ACC and PAC 10 are about the same? I don't know about the other conferences but list them. I'd like to know.

Reaction Score
1. South Carolina 2-0

W 66-57 @NC State; W 72-42 vs S. Dakota (N)

2. Georgia 1-0

W 97-45 Gardner Webb

3. Texas A&M

W 87-54 TAMU-CC; 92-32 Southern

4. Mississippi State 3-0

W 91-62 vs Bama St.; W 76-71 vs S. Dakota St.
W 86-63 vs Alcorn St.

The trio of Rickea Jackson, Anastasia Hayes, and Jerkaila Jordan have been potent scorers. Taylor appears to be as steady as ever and you just wonder if Carter would be a seamless fit back in the lineup.

5. Kentucky 2-1

W 81-53 vs Presbyterrean; W 98-56 N. Alabama
L 67-88 vs Indiana

I'm obligated to let Rhyne Howard break ties in rankings, but I'll tell you I do not believe in this team much. Indiana however is a Top 10 squad so holding here for now.

6. Tennessee 2-0

W 59-49 vs So Illinois; W 49-41 @ UCF

I understand that one game was without Jordan Horston and the other was without Rae Burrell but the offense is a bit of a crime. I honestly like Arkansas better because that team is fun to watch and Tennessee is largely the opposite, but no losses and post defense have them holding here.

7. Arkansas 2-1

W 85-33 Tarleton St; W 96-53 Arky Pine Bark;
L 80-95 @ UCONN

Haven't seen them, thanks SNY, but they seem to be doing Arky things, God Bless them. Goforth is having a major contribution, and as I thought after Team USA duties this summer Wolfenbarger may take a bit.

8 Missouri 2-0

W 76-70 vs Murray State; 73-49 vs Morgan State

All by its lonesome with a clean slate, second division, is Missouri. If you're an M-word State, watch out. I have long liked individual pieces on this roster but it remains to be seen if this program can do much without the pony.

9. LSU 1-1 (I guess?)

W 82-40 score Nicholls; L 74-88 Florida Gulf Coast

In fairness, FGCU is a really good program that returns everyone and I put them in my top 25. But this wasn't a close game that slipped away late. The Mulkey era began with a Pointer triple double, but this is a reminder that there is much work to be done. Good news: there are a lot of bad SEC teams.

10. Ole Miss 1-1

L 50-62 Belmont; W 94-44; Miss Valley St

This is probably the last interesting team as a shrug emoji works as well as a number ranking for the rest. Ole Miss has talent on its roster. Belmont isn't bad, but really? I remain unsold on this regime, but keep an eye on them anyway.

11. Alabama 1-1

W 109-32 vs Charleston So.; L 66-69 vs Tulane

Last season may be the peak for Bama. What to do with that info?

12. Florida 1-2

W 84-70 vs Georgia St; L 70-87 vs Towson;
L 52-85 vs NC State

Starting over.

13. Vandy 1-1

W 75-59 vs Gardner Webb;
L 40-56 vs Little Rock

Welcome back Vandy, it's been awhile and Auburn has moved into your room in the basement while you were away. You may have to fight them to get it back, but you've got the living room foldout for now. Shea Ralph got her first win (the SEC would like to especially thank Gardner Webb for its impeccable work this week) but not a lot to work with here.

14. Auburn 0-2

L 66-68 vs Ga Southern; L 44-57 vs Old Dominion

Shrug emoji?

Reaction Score
Yep....

As of this writing, the SEC is a combined 21-10 on the season: the top 10 of the pre-season conference rankings are a combined 17-5; the bottom 4 of Missouri, Florida, Auburn, and Vanderbilt are a combined 4-5 - thanks to Missouri starting out 2-0.

The top 6th ranked preseason SEC teams - USC, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Georgia, and Arkansas are a combined 11-2, with the 2 losses being to opponents who were nationally top-10 ranked and the favored opponents to win those games.

The Ole Miss loss to Belmont is really the only eyebrow-raising loss. Once you get past the top 5-6 most of the rest of the teams in the conference are either dealing with roster turnover, staff turnover (or both), and big question marks as to which direction their programs turn, with either direction being as plausible as the other. And it mostly was that way before the season began.

There's nothing there thus far that exposes anything, to be honest.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Auburn is in complete rebuild mode which I am okay with. Coach J is already recruiting her tail off. I will be going to the games even though I know we will get our tail whipped in the majority of them.

Reaction Score
1. South Carolina 2-0

W 66-57 @NC State; W 72-42 vs S. Dakota (N)

2. Georgia 1-0

W 97-45 Gardner Webb

3. Texas A&M

W 87-54 TAMU-CC; 92-32 Southern

4. Mississippi State 3-0

W 91-62 vs Bama St.; W 76-71 vs S. Dakota St.
W 86-63 vs Alcorn St.

The trio of Rickea Jackson, Anastasia Hayes, and Jerkaila Jordan have been potent scorers. Taylor appears to be as steady as ever and you just wonder if Carter would be a seamless fit back in the lineup.

5. Kentucky 2-1

W 81-53 vs Presbyterrean; W 98-56 N. Alabama
L 67-88 vs Indiana

I'm obligated to let Rhyne Howard break ties in rankings, but I'll tell you I do not believe in this team much. Indiana however is a Top 10 squad so holding here for now.

6. Tennessee 2-0

W 59-49 vs So Illinois; W 49-41 @ UCF

I understand that one game was without Jordan Horston and the other was without Rae Burrell but the offense is a bit of a crime. I honestly like Arkansas better because that team is fun to watch and Tennessee is largely the opposite, but no losses and post defense have them holding here.

7. Arkansas 2-1

W 85-33 Tarleton St; W 96-53 Arky Pine Bark;
L 80-95 @ UCONN

Haven't seen them, thanks SNY, but they seem to be doing Arky things, God Bless them. Goforth is having a major contribution, and as I thought after Team USA duties this summer Wolfenbarger may take a bit.

8 Missouri 2-0

W 76-70 vs Murray State; 73-49 vs Morgan State

All by its lonesome with a clean slate, second division, is Missouri. If you're an M-word State, watch out. I have long liked individual pieces on this roster but it remains to be seen if this program can do much without the pony.

9. LSU 1-1 (I guess?)

W 82-40 score Nicholls; L 74-88 Florida Gulf Coast

In fairness, FGCU is a really good program that returns everyone and I put them in my top 25. But this wasn't a close game that slipped away late. The Mulkey era began with a Pointer triple double, but this is a reminder that there is much work to be done. Good news: there are a lot of bad SEC teams.

10. Ole Miss 1-1

L 50-62 Belmont; W 94-44; Miss Valley St

This is probably the last interesting team as a shrug emoji works as well as a number ranking for the rest. Ole Miss has talent on its roster. Belmont isn't bad, but really? I remain unsold on this regime, but keep an eye on them anyway.

11. Alabama 1-1

W 109-32 vs Charleston So.; L 66-69 vs Tulane

Last season may be the peak for Bama. What to do with that info?

12. Florida 1-2

W 84-70 vs Georgia St; L 70-87 vs Towson;
L 52-85 vs NC State

Starting over.

13. Vandy 1-1

W 75-59 vs Gardner Webb;
L 40-56 vs Little Rock

Welcome back Vandy, it's been awhile and Auburn has moved into your room in the basement while you were away. You may have to fight them to get it back, but you've got the living room foldout for now. Shea Ralph got her first win (the SEC would like to especially thank Gardner Webb for its impeccable work this week) but not a lot to work with here.

14. Auburn 0-2

L 66-68 vs Ga Southern; L 44-57 vs Old Dominion

Shrug emoji?
We don’t have much talent. Coach J is completely in rebuild mode. Her being a great recruiter will be what gets this program back on track. Our talent level is that of a mid major program.

Reaction Score
Yep....

As of this writing, the SEC is a combined 21-10 on the season: the top 10 of the pre-season conference rankings are a combined 17-5; the bottom 4 of Missouri, Florida, Auburn, and Vanderbilt are a combined 4-5 - thanks to Missouri starting out 2-0.

The top 6th ranked preseason SEC teams - USC, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Georgia, and Arkansas are a combined 11-2, with the 2 losses being to opponents who were top-10 ranked and the favored opponents to win those games.

The Ole Miss loss to Belmont is really the only eyebrow-raising loss. Once you get past the top 5-6 most of the rest of the teams in the conference are either dealing with roster turnover, staff turnover (or both), and big question marks as to which direction their programs turn, with either direction being as plausible as the other. And it mostly was that way before the season began.

There's nothing there thus far that exposes anything, to be honest.
Perhaps that Belmont loss isn't as bad as it first seemed. They played GT very close until the last 5 minutes or so of the 4 quarter.

Reaction Score
I'm biased, but I thought Arkansas actually did fairly well, all things considered, against UConn. At various times, the Hogs had 3 true freshmen on the court and they held their own. The first quarter was a big punch in the face from the Huskies, and the Hogs started slow at the start of the 2H as well. Outside the 1Q (other than that, Mrs. Lincoln ...), it was a 7 point game. I think this will be a "useful loss" for Arkansas and give their young players some confidence. We shall see.

Also, news flash, but Bueckers is really, really talented.

Reaction Score
Why all the SEC hatred? Name a conference out there with more than 4 or 5 teams that are probable locks for the tournament. The SEC has SC, A&M, Tennessee, Georgia and probably LSU and Kentucky. Probably the ACC and PAC 10 are about the same? I don't know about the other conferences but list them. I'd like to know.
FYI - I have no hatred for the SEC, but I think you're overlooking the BIG10 in regards to your question.

With Maryland, Iowa, Michigan and Indiana being the most likely to be considered locks for the tournament. Ohio State is being looked at favourably by the various coaches polls with Michigan State on the outside looking in.

I believe they had at least 6 in the tournament last season.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
FYI - I have no hatred for the SEC, but I think you're overlooking the BIG10 in regards to your question.

With Maryland, Iowa, Michigan and Indiana being the most likely to be considered locks for the tournament. Ohio State is being looked at favourably by the various coaches polls with Michigan State on the outside looking in.

The Big 10 had seven tournament teams -- the four locks you mentioned plus Rutgers, Michigan St, and Northwestern. And it would have been eight if not for Ohio State's postseason ban! Also, Nebraska was one of the first 4 or first 8 out and they are a bubble team again this year.

Reaction Score
The Big 10 had seven tournament teams -- the four locks you mentioned plus Rutgers, Michigan St, and Northwestern. And it would have been eight if not for Ohio State's postseason ban! Also, Nebraska was one of the first 4 or first 8 out and they are a bubble team again this year.
Thanks @undersized. I was debating between 6 and 7. I just didn't trust my gut instincts on that one.

Reaction Score

Thanks for that info. I really don’t know who belongs to what conf other than the SEC, ACC and most of the PAC10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom