Season tix renewal poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Season tix renewal poll

I want to keep my seats from 2018-2019 season?

• Yes

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • What an opportunity, hell yes, and I want to upgrade if I can

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Leaning No, on the fence.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • Hell No.

Votes: 28 27.2%

• Total voters

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I ended up letting my 4 in XL go and I renewed my 2 at Gampel. I will just get tix for XL on secondary market with my friends likely for much less and no seat fee. I think this will be a short lived plan by UConn - either that or they will be happy with a ton less season ticket holders
Hey AD Dave! When you lose Vuce...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Twins are playing great baseball in a state of the art building. Their attendance was down so much they just dumped 30k tickets for $5.

I think $90 a seat for Maine at the XL
Center is going to be a huge hit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Best seat maybe, not best location. Being there is better. That's why the bums can put the squeeze on us.

Maybe if the games get better. It’s a tribute to the fanbase we still get as many as we do. The home schedules are a joke.

There really isn’t a seat where I want to watch UConn/Monmouth - home/car/inperson/abroad.

Forget paying legitimate money for the right. Either they blow them out and it’s boring or it’s infuriating. Good time.

Reaction Score
Well, as unscientific as it is, this poll should raise some significant concerns for the AD. The only way this idea of seat donations (which theoretically should produce a higher fixed revenue per season tix holder ) will work is if their math tells them that they would be able to raise at least the same baseline (last year) dollars amount with even 60% of their ticket holders renewing or upgrading at a higher price point (I assumed half of the No learners in this poll will renew when push comes to shove).

Reaction Score
We're in the lower bowl in XL but in the corner. Seat cost will be $100 per seat and I'm willing to pay that to keep our seats but I'm really concerned that the extra costs will mean fewer fans in the seats. The costs of as much as $800 extra per seat per venue is outrageous. I've watched as the fan base in football has gotten smaller and smaller and it's now not much fun to sit in an almost empty stadium watching a loosing team. I would hate to see that happen to MBB. I have high hopes for improvement for our men in the next year (unlike football) and I'd like to return to the full, electric fanbase we had in the past.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, as unscientific as it is, this poll should raise some significant concerns for the AD. The only way this idea of seat donations (which theoretically should produce a higher fixed revenue per season tix holder ) will work is if their math tells them that they would be able to raise at least the same baseline (last year) dollars amount with even 60% of their ticket holders renewing or upgrading at a higher price point (I assumed half of the No learners in this poll will renew when push comes to shove).

not only are they going to have fewer fans. they might end up with less money. if you can move a donation you are already making...

i guess they are looking to move donations from academics to athletics. they cant generate any money so let’s cannabolize other donations.

id be shocked if a bunch of new money flows in. you have to be pretty weathy to be willing to pay $90/game for that schedule.

Reaction Score
not only are they going to have fewer fans. they might end up with less money. if you can move a donation you are already making...

i guess they are looking to move donations from academics to athletics. they cant generate any money so let’s cannabolize other donations.

id be shocked if a bunch of new money flows in. you have to be pretty weathy to be willing to pay $90/game for that schedule.

Rainy day, weighing in on this. Another ticket buyer with specific data to fill out the whole big picture. @whaler11 is exactly where I'm at as far as what it will cost me per game. Right now I'm in section 117 P row which I feel are pretty good seats. There are better, but I am pretty well situated and I'm happy. I have a single seat, because that's how life is right now, and because I have a single seat when it came time for my seat selection two years ago I was able to filter down thru the loose scattered single seats amongst the folks who have groups of 2,3,4,5,6 whatever. Last year I moved down a row closer for this reason.

I have never donated a dollar, not even the loose 1 hundred they ask you to sling them so maybe I get slightly better seats. Just the season ticket price and only at the XL; Gampel is generally out of reach for me to attend regularly.

So last year it cost around 378$ I think for the 9 games, 3 or 4 of them being Arizona, Houston, Cincinnati, and maybe one more of this caliber. The other 5 games were early season "warm-ups", or "lesser caliber conference foes".

This year they want a straight 400$ for the privilege of purchasing this seat plus another almost 400$ for the actual tickets. This is based on roughly, probably, the same amount of games, and also,

the same mix in the quality of the scheduled opponents.

So yes,, 90$ or so for Maine and whoever else, plus some better games in there too, but still 90$ when I could definitely pay less but have to jump around some.

What is foremost in my considerations regarding looking ahead with the program, is Danny Hurley returning the program to national relevance thru recruiting/coaching/scheduling and the conference itself getting better yearly, which it is. Also, better games played at home as we rise.

Part of the athletic department's mindset is that in two or three years people will be clamoring for these tickets as their perceived value rises as the program does. Great seats may not be available to all as they sell more and more to existing and new season ticket holders and then reward these same folks with the guaranteed option of repurchasing their same seats.

I'm keeping mine, F it. I'm in a good spot, it's a little pricey, but I"m going to have the same good view each game. In a few years as it fills up I'll be right there certain of a good seat.

Reaction Score
I'll be curious to see if they start having the ushers at XL start checking tickets when you go into the lower level. In the past you could just give a nod hello and go to the empty seats you spotted from the upper level.

Reaction Score
I'll be curious to see if they start having the ushers at XL start checking tickets when you go into the lower level. In the past you could just give a nod hello and go to the empty seats you spotted from the upper level.

Shhhhhhhhhh. That was our dirty little secret. Surely now a Benedict staffer has told him.

Reaction Score
I bet they do. They were doing this at Gampel last year the couple of times I went. We'll see, empty seats don't look so good.

Reaction Score
I am gonna keep tickets but downgrade. Last year I finally got into lowers but will not stay down there and have released those seats to get ones that don’t have a 400 seat license.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I bet they do. They were doing this at Gampel last year the couple of times I went. We'll see, empty seats don't look so good.

This is part of it. They better enforce the tickets if they are going to charge $90 for Maine. Assuming at some point they want to stop alienating the season ticket base.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A buddy and I went to the 10:30am Yard Goats game. We spent the first 5 innings in our seats and then took a walk around. We're up at the Budweiser porch area and I see a couple of empty tables right out front and wonder what the deal is because they have a rope up. Just then the usher comes up to me and said we were welcome to go sit there, I hadn't even asked.. That never happened to me before, I think I started to tear up a bit. Anyway the deal is the tables cost $80. for for a 4-top. I think it's worth it for the view.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With the deadline coming up where are folks on this? We're releasing our four lower level seats, no way my group wants to pay $1600 extra for them. Half my group wants to fish for something in the upper decks, and the other is so pissed that they're done with season tickets.

Reaction Score
With the deadline coming up where are folks on this? We're releasing our four lower level seats, no way my group wants to pay $1600 extra for them. Half my group wants to fish for something in the upper decks, and the other is so pissed that they're done with season tickets.
Just renewed ours today.

Same price. $1600 donation.

Reaction Score
Just renewed mine for 793$ for all civic center games. Hoping the schedule is good, but psyched nevertheless.

Reaction Score
So what do you guys think, are these numbers going to change in light of the Big East news? I was wondering if some of the nays will change to yays now.

Reaction Score
It's a move to the small-time, but I think they'll do well on the nostalgia trade until people realize this isnt the Big East they remember.

Reaction Score
It's a move to the small-time, but I think they'll do well on the nostalgia trade until people realize this isnt the Big East they remember.
I think people know what they are getting into.

Reaction Score
I think people know what they are getting into.
Time will tell I guess. As an alumni I hope it all works out, but this school has bungled the athletic department to a criminal degree for years so I don't have a lot of confidence

Reaction Score
No matter how it plays out, at least they were decisive, and took control of their own destiny, instead of waiting for that P5 invite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom