Season tix renewal poll | The Boneyard

Season tix renewal poll

I want to keep my seats from 2018-2019 season?

• Yes

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • What an opportunity, hell yes, and I want to upgrade if I can

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Leaning No, on the fence.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • Hell No.

Votes: 28 27.2%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
With multiple threads, countless opinions and a lot of time to think about this issue, let’s count some votes the unscientific way?

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I’m dropping gampel, sticking with only XL. Will buy good games for Gampel tho

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They made the tickets upstairs so cheap I’ll buy them just for the sake of it and give them away here when I can’t go. I don’t mind sitting in the overhang in the corner. I prefer it actually.

Reaction Score
If doing a deep dive into people's wallets is how they're going to treat the people that have supported these programs during some truly godawful years, then they can go pound sand.

Reaction Score
If doing a deep dive into people's wallets is how they're going to treat the people that have supported these programs during some truly godawful years, then they can go pound sand.
I'm not trying to stick up for UConn but this isn't necessarily the truth. Some will actually pay less under this new plan.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They made the tickets upstairs so cheap I’ll buy them just for the sake of it and give them away here when I can’t go. I don’t mind sitting in the overhang in the corner. I prefer it actually.
Back when our season tickets were in the 200's Row X, we would just sit in the upper deck behind where the bar is now. Then they started to check your ticket before you walked up those stairs. That's mindboggling now. Then again back then that area was filled with students. After 35 years I finally make it to a seat parallel to the court and now I have to pay $500 more than last year. That's so UConn. My buddy still wants to go but in cheaper seats so I guess that's what I'm gonna do. Maybe that's another poll option, Yes with a downgrade

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Dammit, who typed a question mark on the teleprompter?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to stick up for UConn but this isn't necessarily the truth. Some will actually pay less under this new plan.
Who? Even with no seat donation ticket prices have gone up.

Reaction Score
I had 2 at XL and 4 at Gampel (that I split with a friend). I will keep the XL and 2 at Gampel but not sure with the added cost that I will pick up the other 2 at Gampel and my friend isn't in the position to cover that.

Reaction Score
Who? Even with no seat donation ticket prices have gone up.
There are a few scenarios where it benefits people. Not you or I. But it does for some.

It helps the people who sit in the expensive seats that were giving more to the university than the new seat donations cost. Seat donations now count toward your total donation.

So for example: If a person was sitting center court with 2 tickets to each venue and donating $5,000 to the school, they no longer have to give that much. They only need to give $3200 for those seats and get to keep them.

Also, I could be wrong but I believe under this system the tickets up top are now much cheaper than previous seasons. Before this system, tickets up top cost the same amount as ticket behind the bench.

Reaction Score
I suspect you'll see a Rentschler effect at basketball, with the best seats (eg. Rentschler chairbacks) empty. Those will be great secondary market targets for many of us.

Reaction Score
OK, I wasn't thinking the high end guys. But why do they need help again?
Very true.

Like I said I'm not sticking up for UConn.

It seems like people who have great lower or upper seats will benefit from this new program, while the people in the middle tiers get screwed.

C

Chief00

You know the old customer service and sales adage - it’s about 10x’s more expensive to get a new sale than it is to maintain an existing customer. UConn brought in high priced consultants to go against conventional wisdom and empirical data.
Not scientific, but thus far the survey has 20 people (50%) leaning toward or definitely leaving and 4 people who may be new customers (10%).
So it’s about the disaster that should be expected, except for by the UConn AD.

Reaction Score
I said yes, but I am in 218 so my tickets actually went down a few bucks I believe.

Reaction Score
I ended up letting my 4 in XL go and I renewed my 2 at Gampel. I will just get tix for XL on secondary market with my friends likely for much less and no seat fee. I think this will be a short lived plan by UConn - either that or they will be happy with a ton less season ticket holders

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
So it’s about the disaster that should be expected, except for by the UConn AD

And Chief00 that's the heart of the matter, or better, what is the matter with the UConn athletic department - the head
MY family/I have had season tickets for Men's BB since 1965 - I am almost on the verge of dumping the XL tickets. It's true what gampelcrazies says those folks who are in middle tier seats (and many had great lower bowl seats in the 80's thru early 2000's) that constantly are being moved up. My Gampel seats are fantastic but the XL are now meh - I've poured so much $ into UConn through tuitions, Friends of Soccer/season tickets, Football (season tickets and old "Huddle Club" and "Pound") and MBB season tickets plus annual donations to baseball in memory of my father who played at UConn in the late 40s - yet they want more and more. I asked DB's assistant what it would take to get back to the lower bowl at XL - and the reply I got was while my participation is appreciated, it is big time college athletics, there are budget issues and the best seats go to those who pay the most.
I get it but it fries me to see so many empty seats in that lower area - dedicated, long term fans who attend all the games but are not able to dole out corporate type payments are the ones being hurt
I am sure it's like that nearly everywhere in the P5 world so I'm singing to the choir - but it feels good!

Reaction Score
So it’s about the disaster that should be expected, except for by the UConn AD

And Chief00 that's the heart of the matter, or better, what is the matter with the UConn athletic department - the head
MY family/I have had season tickets for Men's BB since 1965 - I am almost on the verge of dumping the XL tickets. It's true what gampelcrazies says those folks who are in middle tier seats (and many had great lower bowl seats in the 80's thru early 2000's) that constantly are being moved up. My Gampel seats are fantastic but the XL are now meh - I've poured so much $ into UConn through tuitions, Friends of Soccer/season tickets, Football (season tickets and old "Huddle Club" and "Pound") and MBB season tickets plus annual donations to baseball in memory of my father who played at UConn in the late 40s - yet they want more and more. I asked DB's assistant what it would take to get back to the lower bowl at XL - and the reply I got was while my participation is appreciated, it is big time college athletics, there are budget issues and the best seats go to those who pay the most.
I get it but it fries me to see so many empty seats in that lower area - dedicated, long term fans who attend all the games but are not able to dole out corporate type payments are the ones being hurt
I am sure it's like that nearly everywhere in the P5 world so I'm singing to the choir - but it feels good!
the problem with all of this is we are not in the P5. Even if Hurely turns the ship around, we're still in the same small pond where our 'premier' games are against programs like SMU, Houston, Cincinnati, etc

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Absolutely, yes.

I have the best seat in the house. Leather, padded, and pretty much at mid court, unless there is a foul shot. In which case I am under the basket. Games take about 45 minutes or so. Maybe a little longer. Best thing about it is they stop playing, literally freeze where they are, and wait for me while I take a slash, tend to my kids, or grab some "concessions."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Absolutely, yes.

I have the best seat in the house. Leather, padded, and pretty much at mid court, unless there is a foul shot. In which case I am under the basket.). Games take about 45 minutes or so. Maybe a little longer. Best thing about it is they stop playing, literally freeze where they are, and wait for me while I take a slash, tend to my kids, or grab some "concessions."
You also will be paying more for that seat. It's called ESPN +. $5.99 per month.

Reaction Score
Last year was the first year in awhile i bought the full XL package. (mainly to shmooze a few clients otherwise i usually scalp) Was able to get lower corner full xl package at least two weeks after they went on sale. I wasn't a past season ticket holder or points holder just went online and grabbed them. At least 50% of the games i could have purchased same seat quality on the street at 1/2 the cost. They even gave out free tickets to a game and it wasn't sold out. Now they want to essentially more than double the cost of these same seats with the license fee? Absurd misunderstanding of the market imo.

Siv

Reaction Score
I will renew my baseball tickets but because of the new program I decided against buying season tickets to football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom