Season Tickets | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Season Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What is your rational behind that thought. Who wouldn't like a free husky shirt? I don't know of any free t shirt I have to charity

Have you ever been in one of those places? 90 percent of the gear is giveaway shirts.

Reaction Score
Everyone in my house wears various giveaway t shirts to bed. The NBA gives them away all of the time for the playoffs. That's why the crowds look awesome and uniform.

Reaction Score
Everyone in my house wears various giveaway t shirts to bed. The NBA gives them away all of the time for the playoffs. That's why the crowds look awesome and uniform.
You must be in fl. The ct people I guess are to cool for free t shirts

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You must be in fl. The ct people I guess are to cool for free t shirts

I am the only one who thinks it is ridiculous to do the t-shirt thing for every game? I look at the Miami crowd and see nothing but conforming band-wagon fans. Once in awhile I think it is cool (like UGA with the black at night + winning), but every game is a bit much for me. However, anyone who wears opposing team colors should be punched in the head on the way into a sporting event.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
{Sigh} Does no one here understand marketing around here? No one goes to a game or buys tickets because of a T-shirt.

They might eventually if they remember getting said T-shirt at age 8, and wearing it everywhere and being real excited when Dad got tickets to the game or watching every road game on TV.

It also might get a fan into their seat early and after seeing the band perform that cool new pregame show (They are working one, right) it becomes part of that fan's pregame ritual to be in their seat early.

It also might get a student who might otherwise have stayed on campus to go to the game after seeing thousands of FB t-shirts on campus and wanting to join in.

It also might encourage more corporate sponsorship if investing a combined $100k on a T-shirt giveaway they see their logo all over the state and realize it's cheap advertising.

It's doing the long term work and paying attention to detail that make success happen. Sometimes I wonder if our early success hurts us somewhat.?

If it's Goodwill you're worried about then don't design crappy T-shirts.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
You can do whatever you want with your money. But don't expect anybody here to lend you an ounce of credibility. You've been saying you're not buying season tix for months now (before you were banned). I'll be honest that's when I stopped taking you seriously. Others are now catching wind of this and I don't think you'll be left with many sympathizers.

There's a lot people on here who I disagree with often here but the main theme is that everyone supports the program, goes to games, and is emotionally invested. What you are doing is more damaging to the program than you even realize. For people who spend their hard earned money on tickets, it's tough to listen to a whiny b!tch who complains about EVERYTHING while sitting home on his couch. You think you're acting "big time" with this stupid protest (that will go nowhere, btw), but really, you're not. Not even close.
you have some great points. I agree with you 98% on this one.
but you are as much of a d0u@# bag as anybody else. just sayin'

Reaction Score
I am the only one who thinks it is ridiculous to do the t-shirt thing for every game? I look at the Miami crowd and see nothing but conforming band-wagon fans. Once in awhile I think it is cool (like UGA with the black at night + winning), but every game is a bit much for me. However, anyone who wears opposing team colors should be punched in the head on the way into a sporting event.

I was down there for Heat / Bulls two years ago. Had to buy a white Wade T so I didn't feel like an idiot. And I was rooting for the Bulls. But I was the guest of Heat fans so I couldn't complain. My wife now sleeps in it.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
So you want people to be required to ENTER a valid email address to even BROWSE for UConn football tickets. Am I understanding that correctly?

Its very easy to set cookie in the browser and then show ads on sites like CNN or Foxnews or Youtube or the Boneyard extremely easily. Companies do it all the time.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Neat concept...

Florida State has found a cool way to use technology to sell season tickets. http://nolesports.tallahassee.com/article/20130707/FSU03/307070033?nclick_check=1

Of FSU’s 9,800 returning season ticket holders, Zierden said about 4,800 logged in to the new system. And of those, about 2,500 made some type of change — whether moving seats or adding tickets or both.

It's cool concept, but what impresses me the most is the number of season ticket holder who logged in and made changes.

There are plenty of cool concepts that don't actually get engagement from users. This one does and it would be smart for UCONN to implement something like it.

Reaction Score
It's cool concept, but what impresses me the most is the number of season ticket holder who logged in and made changes.

There are plenty of cool concepts that don't actually get engagement from users. This one does and it would be smart for UCONN to implement something like it.

UConn's is pretty similar to that.

Reaction Score
??? That let's you go in by donor level and see what seats are available in case you want to move your seats or purchase adjacent seats ???

http://www.seats3d.com/srms.php

This would be an outstanding feature, one Uconn should have employed years ago. Many Big time schools actually publish their point totals and will let you know where you can expect to
purchase seats or move your current seats based on your points. That's the right way to do it and no one has the ability to complain about tickets because the system is fully transparent. Uconns system would not support this because there are MANY season ticket holders that have great seats based on the years they have owned them, not how much $$ they have given to Uconn. In a conversation I had w/ a senior person w/ in the Ath Dev office, he said that they would not change the policy for fear of the backlash from these longtime season ticket holders. On the flip side, I have experienced nothing but positive efforts to accommodate any reasonable requests to help wit reasonable ticket requests form the Athletic Department. I just think that the policy should be reassessed, since recovering every $$$ is absolutely essential now.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Agree, but they need to get the people in the seats first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom