Season Tickets | The Boneyard

Season Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They're giving away a couple freebies to the Towson game with if you buy by this weekend.

Anyone know how we're doing selling season tickets? Im not totally convinced that even this schedule will give us any sort of bump.

2013 Football Season Tickets
• "Father’s Day Season Ticket Offer" - Order your football season tickets by June 16th and receive the following for the home opener:

• Two FREE additional tickets
  • Opportunity to bring Dad on the field for kickoff – an experience money can’t buy!
Some restrictions may apply – offer valid until June 16th. Purchasers will be emailed details of how to claim this on-field experience.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So it's not even July 4th and were giving away tickets to opening day? I reallllyyyy didn't see this coming.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You buy your tix Dan?
No. The 2 tix I usually buy we're in a group that a alum friend bought. That group as of today has not even bothered to entertain this fall.

Me personally, I will not buy tickets until warde does something good or gets fired. I have seen nothing but middle school bs and excuses from him. That's my stance. Ppl here can call me not a fan or whatever they want to.

The only way schools learn in this business is by what there wallet feels like. I'm letting them know how I feel right now. This is the most precious time ever for uconn athletics, I would love to support it. But I can't. We're walking thru this with our hands in our pockets and making crapy decisions. I'm not wasting my money on that. I can watch on tv and drink. I can have my friends over and grill. My tv is hd and my fridge holds a lot of beers. I don't have to travel or wait in traffic or deal with Michigan fans. When the offense pisses me off I can play beer pong or so throw in a lip out on the deck. I can come up with 20more excuses.

But why would I spend around a grand for the fall all together to waist 7 full Saturdays only to be drunk and pissed at the product while I could spend 200 on beer and food for 7 Saturdays, host party's and watch when I want to watch? You can thank warde Manuel for this. If u think I'm just making this up just wait to you see the crowds at the games and think what campus and the local towns look like. Hint-They look like a football game is not being played.

Reaction Score
So it's not even July 4th and were giving away tickets to opening day? I reallllyyyy didn't see this coming.

It's Towson on a Thursday night of Labor Day Weekend - were you expecting a sell-out?

Here they are trying to promote the program to folks and they get panned. Make up your mind dude!

BMqjsTnCEAE0Wpz.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It's Towson on a Thursday night of Labor Day Weekend - were you expecting a sell-out?

Here they are trying to promote the program to folks and they get panned.

View attachment 3111

Lol at the red "this"

When are we going to stop the Thursday/ Friday crap? My guess is never because warde and Susan don't Saturdays when real college football is played. They rather watch lax or eat donuts.

Uconn football can't sell 38,500 tickets to a game vs townson. So we're giving them away in June in preparation. And yet most here think we should be in a BCS league and argue with frank and others about uconn vs other schools. Psu puts out a tweet that they are having a BBQ on a Friday night in the middle of campus and they get 50k for Christ sake.
Townson? They prob get 100k.

Uconn is screwed with how they are urgently doing things.
You need to win
You need to market
You need to put on a show

We didn't fire a crappy coach
Marketing is not allowed at uconn. We're allergic.
Besides drinking we don't understand show business. Jackie moon would get 60frackingK for a megabowl.

Reaction Score
Dan. Make up your mind dude. You complain about everything. You bitch and moan about the marketing effort, yet when the AD puts out what has the chance to be an effective marketing scheme you bitch about the word "this" on the ad, the fact the game is on Thursday, and that we don't get enough people to games. I loved your railroad car idea in the other thread and I know you love UConn, but you need to narrow down that support in more effective methods. For instance, going to games would be a good start.

As promised, my offer of an entire night of drinking in Hartford on my dime if we get into the B1G is still on the table. But I reserve my right to punch you in the face if you complain the entire time. ;)

Reaction Score
You know, I've put alot of thought into the music that should accompany the opening of the games, and I've settled on cut up sampling of Ministry's version of the Eurythmics "sweet dreams" minus Jourgensen's voice distortion artistic interpretation of what Annie Lennox in hell sounds like.

I think the idea that is here, is fantastic, and I hope that the negative forces around here don't derail it.

Reaction Score
No. The 2 tix I usually buy we're in a group that a alum friend bought. That group as of today has not even bothered to entertain this fall.

Me personally, I will not buy tickets until warde does something good or gets fired. I have seen nothing but middle school bs and excuses from him. That's my stance. Ppl here can call me not a fan or whatever they want to.

Let me get this straight, you are on this board incessantly pontificating as if you live and breath UCONN football, and yet you don't support the program by purchasing tickets and it sounds like you might not even make the games this season. And you do this to make a point to Warde Manuel?

Dan, honestly, given the amount of time you spend on this board for a football program you don't support you should really find something else to do. It would give some of the rest of us a break too, because, honestly man...it gets really old, really fast.

Reaction Score
Dan. Make up your mind dude. You complain about everything. You bitch and moan about the marketing effort, yet when the AD puts out what has the chance to be an effective marketing scheme you bitch about the word "this" on the ad, the fact the game is on Thursday, and that we don't get enough people to games. I loved your railroad car idea in the other thread and I know you love UConn, but you need to narrow down that support in more effective methods. For instance, going to games would be a good start.

As promised, my offer of an entire night of drinking in Hartford on my dime if we get into the B1G is still on the table. But I reserve my right to punch you in the face if you complain the entire time. ;)

HFD doesn't love UConn. He loves bitching and complaining and thinks he's qualified to run an athletic department because he used to follow a bunch of 16 year olds on twitter and reads west virginia message boards. I enjoyed Dan a long time ago when he was great at bringing in recruiting news. Now, he's part of the problem. Bitch bitch bitch, doesn't buy tickets. Worthless as a "fan".

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It is surprising that they are doing this so early. Bad sign.

Reaction Score
It's friggin Towson on Thursday before Labor Day, anyone expecting more than 32K, especially the way the last two seasons have gone, is out of touch. Some people just love to complain.

The athletic department is damned if they do, damned if they don't with many on this board.

Reaction Score
I feel like giving away tickets to the Towson game would be one of the things in the middle of a "why can't Warde just..." rant. Guess not.

Reaction Score
It is surprising that they are doing this so early. Bad sign.

A Father's Day season ticket promotion just doesn't seem like a bad thing.... is giving freebies to a FCS opponent what's causing you the angst?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A Father's Day season ticket promotion just doesn't seem like a bad thing.... is giving freebies to a FCS opponent what's causing you the angst?

It's not a big deal but every ticket you give away is one less season ticket package you can sell. Just means we probably aren't getting some good surprise on season ticket sales.

Reaction Score
I hope we don't have many UConn fans like HFD. Bitch and moan about everything. Point out what everyone else does wrong. Thinks he knows better and is infallible. And, when UConn needs fans the most, won't buy a ticket to a game. Dan, if you were a real fan, you would rally your friends to attend games,... Instead, you say you won't attend a game until Warde improves or gets fired?

Reaction Score
It's not a big deal but every ticket you give away is one less season ticket package you can sell. Just means we probably aren't getting some good surprise on season ticket sales.

Eh, Towson probably won't be tops on a lot of people in the mini-plan market.

Reaction Score

... they aren't telling you where the two freebies are. I'm not thinking they will be the same seats as the season tickets someone buys. They are probably not banking on a large student section so the section just to the right of the student section (if facing the student section from scoreboard) is where they will seat you or "visitors section seating" - no?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
... they aren't telling you where the two freebies are. I'm not thinking they will be the same seats as the season tickets someone buys. They are probably not banking on a large student section so the section just to the right of the student section (if facing the student section from scoreboard) is where they will seat you or "visitors section seating" - no?

You can only sell a ticket once. But you are right Towson will return seats so they will have some there.

They drive me a bit crazy when they reward people who wait - just teaches people to wait. Not that Towson is some big reward, but when they kept doing it last basketball season it was annoying.

Reaction Score
Lol at the red "this"

When are we going to stop the Thursday/ Friday crap? My guess is never because warde and Susan don't Saturdays when real college football is played. They rather watch lax or eat donuts.

Uconn football can't sell 38,500 tickets to a game vs townson. So we're giving them away in June in preparation. And yet most here think we should be in a BCS league and argue with frank and others about uconn vs other schools. Psu puts out a tweet that they are having a BBQ on a Friday night in the middle of campus and they get 50k for Christ sake.
Townson? They prob get 100k.

Uconn is screwed with how they are urgently doing things.
You need to win
You need to market
You need to put on a show

We didn't fire a crappy coach
Marketing is not allowed at uconn. We're allergic.
Besides drinking we don't understand show business. Jackie moon would get 60frackingK for a megabowl.

You want them to schedule a game on Labor Day weekend instead?

Reaction Score
Dan I have been to EVERY SINGLE HOME GAME. Shut up. Become a fan for somebody else. We don't need you.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The lesson here is to not schedule FCS games and play the labor day weekend game on the road.

Reaction Score
Didn't they give away Rhode Island tix to people who bought and donated bowl game tix the season before the RI game? Something like that.

Like it was said these tix are gonna be nose bleeds and never sold as season tix.

Dan....you don't go to games this year then don't waste our time on here. I don't think it would take much for us to get you permanently banned.

The only thing we can do at this pont is go to games and make noise. If you aren't going to do that, then you need to go away.

Reaction Score
A Father's Day package is a good idea. I don't see how anyone can find fault with it.

Reaction Score
Didn't they give away Rhode Island tix to people who bought and donated bowl game tix the season before the RI game? Something like that.

Like it was said these tix are gonna be nose bleeds and never sold as season tix.

Dan....you don't go to games this year then don't waste our time on here. I don't think it would take much for us to get you permanently banned.

The only thing we can do at this pont is go to games and make noise. If you aren't going to do that, then you need to go away.

Yes, they did. I got a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer