Season ticket sales update (shocking) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Season ticket sales update (shocking)

Reaction Score
I bought my tickets today. They collect for the price of the tickets, and then within 2 weeks the UConn Foundation steps in for theirs. You can get the same seats thru June 30th, then it's up for grabs. Right around this time they will also give you the chance to upgrade your seats, if possible.

Reaction Score
Despite the uncertainty of sports in the immediate future, one thing is proceeding as planned: The popularity and positive impact of UConn’s move to the Big East.

In the first two days since season ticket sales and renewals went on sale, UConn reported more tickets sold than in the first six weeks of sales last summer.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
I had 4 tickets last year but need to downgrade to two. But that's not an option online. Will they do it if I call?

Also, why is the general public allowed to pick their seats now and they making current season ticket holders wait till the public is done? Seems backwards to me...

Reaction Score
I had 4 tickets last year but need to downgrade to two. But that's not an option online. Will they do it if I call?

Also, why is the general public allowed to pick their seats now and they making current season ticket holders wait till the public is done? Seems backwards to me...
The maps online don’t mean much. People aren’t picking seats. They are just buying in at the bottom level. They will eventually pick when the online seat selection process happens.

Reaction Score
There is pent up demand for sports (and a return to normalcy).

The pent up demand in Connecticut AND amongst the UConn fanbase is not just for sports in general, and didn't just start 2 months ago.

It is specifically for exciting, competitive UConn basketball played by a team that has the chance to be elite again. And the "pent up demand" for this started about 4 years ago. All you have to do is read this board, and other forums where UConn fans post over the last few years for plenty of confirmation of this.

Most of us have felt like we have been stuck in a barren, frozen, featureless tundra of a nightmare that we feared we might never be able to wake up from.

The first glimmer of hope came with the hiring of Danny Hurley and subsequent construction of his top-level coaching staff. Since then most every step has been forward (not all, but most), culminating with our end-of-year winning streak and finishing off of our 2nd consecutive high-level recruiting class with the best big-man recruit (Sanogo) in a decade. It's been a hard, slow grind, for sure.

And now, finally, we can see a light at the end of the tunnel that is not the headlamp of an oncomng train. The excitement level is higher than it has been since our last National Championship.

Pent up demand? Oh yeah, we have that. In spades. Years of it, not just a couple of months.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
The maps online don’t mean much. People aren’t picking seats. They are just buying in at the bottom level. They will eventually pick when the online seat selection process happens.

My buddy purchased and chose his seat last night. He was new to Hartford.

Reaction Score
My buddy purchased and chose his seat last night. He was new to Hartford.
Hmm. I was under the impression that they were just selling the lowest tier. Either way what they are selling now is probably not what people are going to end up with.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
Hmm. I was under the impression that they were just selling the lowest tier. Either way what they are selling now is probably not what people are going to end up with.

Well it better. I'm Hartford I had two and he bought the seat right next to mine. His receipt says the section and seat number.

But if I wanted to add that seat next to mine it wouldn't have let me choose the seat. Would have made me wait to relocating window.

That's why it doesn't make sense that new subscribers can choose seats now but current subscribers have to wait.

Reaction Score
Well it better. I'm Hartford I had two and he bought the seat right next to mine. His receipt says the section and seat number.

But if I wanted to add that seat next to mine it wouldn't have let me choose the seat. Would have made me wait to relocating window.

That's why it doesn't make sense that new subscribers can choose seats now but current subscribers have to wait.
If it has a section number and seat then you are right.

I think they are doing it different this year then last year.

Reaction Score
Curious what people buying think about the odds of there being a full season? I know it is far enough away for there to be a good chance of games, but it is likely super dependent upon how baseball, basketball and especially college football games go. So far no one (USA) has even agreed on how to play games with no fans.

I would bet against there being a full college football season. And more importantly I think the majority of college campuses won't be fully open at the start of fall semesters. College dorms are nearly impossible to keep sterilized, a challenging environment to bring people together even lower risk population.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If it has a section number and seat then you are right.
I think they are doing it different this year then last year.
I've had season tickets forever. Last year we gave up our seats and went back into the hopper because I didn't want to pay the seat fee. They renewed me at the minimum level and gave me nosebleeds as a place holder. I switched to my chosen seats later in the process where they then billed for the difference.

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I just looked...season tickets in hartford are 81/seat??!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We have until June 30 to commit, I think

Reaction Score

This does not make sense particularly if the current subscriber has more points than the new subscriber. Is this accepted policy or was an exception made?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is not make sense particularly if the current subscriber has more points than the new subscriber. Is this accepted policy or was an exception made?
Thing is if you look at the map it isn’t the best selection. There will be better seats made available during the seat selection process in July/August

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
This does not make sense particularly if the current subscriber has more points than the new subscriber. Is this accepted policy or was an exception made?

We both have like zero points. We are new starting last year.

Reaction Score
Need help with a question that the ticket office hasn't been much help on so far.

We have 2 XL season tickets in seats we like, but are interested in a couple of possibilities. One being just moving over closer to the aisle or down a row or two in the same section. The other being possibly adding 2 more season tickets.

Does anyone know A) how we go about exploring new seat locations but also guaranteeing our old seats if we decide we just want to keep those two and B) if we'd be able to stay in the same general seats/section if we add 2 more, or if we'd have to move back or upstairs?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom