Season ticket holder BBQ & Open Practice (For All Fans) Aug 13 @ @ 3p @ Rent | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Season ticket holder BBQ & Open Practice (For All Fans) Aug 13 @ @ 3p @ Rent

Reaction Score
I'd like to go except I'm only in a 3 game package and 1 away game. Working weekends and the family get the rest. Sounds good though so hope it's a great BBQ day. Wondering why the BBQ doesn't start at least an hour ahead of practice.

Sounds like I was only half wrong :( but still wish I could have attended. A family birthday party got switched to today and there was no food line and a pool.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great event. The continuity was impressive as they moved from one drill to another.

Those who wanted for food could have driven downtown to Bear's and returned to the practice in less time. Can't beleive people waited that long.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Arrived at PAWSARF with the wife at 1ish. headed to Cabella's to kill some time and said screw it. Headed to the stadium and parked in the first spot right across from the merch tent. Set up a small tailgate, drank some spirits, ate some cured meat and waited for others to arrive.
Waited in line for about 35 mins. Missed 20 mins of practice.
It was a great day, spent with great people, watching what is going to be a great program again.
Purchased an over priced cutting board for $25 but hey...it says UCONN on it sooo...

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Practice wise, I thought Rose & D Williams really looked good. inside the 10...you could have Myers, Bloom, Davis, Williams and Rose as some big time height advantages in the End Zone.
Looks like we have some good speed at the WR pos as well. Skanes, Beals, Dixon all have motors.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Having been to many a promotional feeding trough, I have one question before accepting the criticism about the lines.

Did anyone invoke the both sides of the buffet rule?

If not, shame on them. But, it's their first try at feeding 2000 people.

Reaction Score
Having been to many a promotional feeding trough, I have one question before accepting the criticism about the lines.

It wasn't a buffet. The Bear's crew was serving from one side. They had one food station for 2,500 people. One person providing pulled pork/chicken sandwiches, one providing slaw/chips, and one providing dessert.

Learning opportunity. Next year, have two stations and it will be better.

Reaction Score

There was no two sides - servers on one side/eaters on the other.

They could have moved the set up farther down the concourse to avoid congestion @ gate where the lines for entering stadium and line for season holder BBQ was.

Would love to know the RSVP # for the ST BBQ - doubt it was over 1500.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It wasn't a buffet. The Bear's crew was serving from one side. They had one food station for 2,500 people. One person providing pulled pork/chicken sandwiches, one providing slaw/chips, and one providing dessert.

Learning opportunity. Next year, have two stations and it will be better.

Ah! There is your logistical problem right there. Bears is geared for an event in the low hundreds, Corp picnic, wedding, etc.

Rookie mistake. Learn and move on. Next year study how cruise ships do it.

Multiple meat stations, multiple side stations, multiple drink stations. In short, multiple every thing. Most ships have at least quadruple redundancy, the larger ships go with ocho.

Reaction Score
Practice wise, I thought Rose & D Williams really looked good. inside the 10...you could have Myers, Bloom, Davis, Williams and Rose as some big time height advantages in the End Zone.
Looks like we have some good speed at the WR pos as well. Skanes, Beals, Dixon all have motors.

Love this idea. Hope the coaches are browsing.

Reaction Score
McLean is also 6'5" and getting first team reps. WR seems to be one of our deepest positions which is hilarious considering the offense we ran the last few years.

Reaction Score
All they needed were some volunteers - next time offer some free tix and I'm sure people would've helped out.

Reaction Score
May have been Van Demarks dad. Guy I saw was tall blonde haired guy with a visor. He was with a woman (presumable his wife)with Van Demarks shirt.

He also went down to the fiield to Van Demark
Thanks Rewster, This guy was big like Jimmy Bennett big maybe a little leaner with no visor maybe late 20s...

Reaction Score
The free tickets for those who ordered season tickets before the priority deadline are for either the Holy Cross game (8/31) or the Tulsa (Homecoming) game (10/21). Check for email w/ personal promo code.

Reaction Score
The free tickets for those who ordered season tickets before the priority deadline are for either the Holy Cross game (8/31) or the Tulsa (Homecoming) game (10/21). Check for email w/ personal promo code.
Got it! Already picked up my two comp tix for Tulsa!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom