Season suspended | The Boneyard

Season suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This just in from our ace reporter, Alfred E NeUman:

Due to the unprecedented defeat by SC, the University of Connecticut has permanently suspended the women’s basketball team. Coach Auriemma and his staff have been fired, the players are finalizing transfer plans and the championship banners and cups have been donated to the CT Boys and Girls Clubs.

In addition, the XL Center has been rented so that all Boneyard optimists can personally hear “I told you so.” Caves in Nepal have been rented for personal and solitary reflection.

More to come…

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
People have always told me that I look like Alfred E. Neumann. So am I a suspect?

Reaction Score
Clickbait...
Is that all it is? i hope it is also a gentle rebuke.

Situations as we face now always make me have to decide: is winning the only thing or is competing well a viable alternative.

Doris Burke said of Kelly Faris in her senior year that what made her special was her “willingness to
compete” along with her great defensive prowess.

That is what makes this team attractive to me. But winning the big one is still a hope.

Be well…,

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Actually I have "Ignored" your thread so you can stop hoping.

Looking forward to your next, serious, thread.

Reaction Score
Don’t worry, we’re about to launch into cupcake land again.
A couple of lopsided beatings laid on the Big East and we can all puff out our chests, howl at the moon , and be the Big Dogs again.
If that’s truly all we have, we’d be fools not to take advantage of the opportunity to feel better

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don’t worry, we’re about to launch into cupcake land again.
A couple of lopsided beatings laid on the Big East and we can all puff out our chests, howl at the moon , and be the Big Dogs again.
If that’s truly all we have, we’d be fools not to take advantage of the opportunity to feel better
What is your point? The Huskies can only play the teams on their schedule. Do you have a solution to the problem?

Reaction Score
Here's the thing.....
Anybody remember when UConn fans, asked why they would attend blowout games against much lesser opponents, talked about the beauty with which the UConn players played, and how it was more performance art than sports?

It's a shame, but parity (not to mention three years of injuries) sure has changed things. UConn still beats up on the Butlers and Xaviers of the world, but it ain't so pretty as to be called performance art any more. And unfortunately, the team just doesn't seem to have an upset in them this year. They beat the teams they should beat and lose to the teams they should lose to. It's hard to argue that we fans are entitled to more than that, under the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom