Season Recap | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Season Recap

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We had 5 wins in a row, we are the 5 seed and we have 5 new* players coming in next year. All signs point to championship number 5 next year.

Also really sad for CV, he deserves to be on the wall in Gampel one day.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
One silver-lining about not having anymore games is Bouknight isn't going to shoot up any NBA draft boards, almost guaranteeing he will be back.

Reaction Score
It was a successful season. It sucks that CV and AG (?) have to go out like this without a true last game, but the last 2 months has been a ton of fun
Did AG never play a postseason game in college? Talk about depressing.

Figure it’s a real long shot but I hope to see him in a Husky uniform next year.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
There won't be NIT. Gov just banned gatherings of 500+ in N.Y. so no MSG.

Reaction Score
There won't be NIT. Gov just banned gatherings of 500+ in N.Y. so no MSG.
Probably no spectators, ratings will be good because there’s nothing else to watch

Reaction Score
We all care. The players care. The coaches care. We can understand the situation, while also being bummed it had to end this way for the kids.
Crazy thing is - if gobert wudda got infected just a few days later , then we just could of seen how far UConn cud get. And if they got a bounced by Wichita State - so be it - but just the unknown is so tough to take especially since these guys are playing so well - feel so bad for vital. Unreal timing

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
One silver-lining about not having anymore games is Bouknight isn't going to shoot up any NBA draft boards, almost guaranteeing he will be back.
Again, I dont care if he averaged 20 pts per game in the next few games he was going nowhere
Additionally if he played like he did vs Tulane again he was heading to the bench
You guys and this draft talk.....................

Back to the season

It was a season of mixed emotions
The first half was underwhelming with missteps by some players but mostly due to staff reluctance to see needed changes.
Once Akok was injured and it forced DH to replace him with someone who could catch the ball and score the ball, rebound and play some man on ball D, the rest of the team found its real personality. It allowed CV more freedom and allowed Bouk to touch the ball more often. Once the offense woke up a bit of gritty D followed.
The last month was a breath of fresh air and enjoyable
Rumors have it that Pork Chop was tearing it up in practice before the Akok injury - why wasn't he given more chances but most importantly, what would PC done and where would he be next year if circumstances hadn't changed?
I am looking forward to next year but really hope that AG, beacause of the virus stuff, will be back next year. UConn will need his leadership and I am not convinced that Gaff can play effectively away from the home courts.
Who will replace CV? Those are mighty huge shoes to fill.
The program is heading towards brighter days but those first few years in the NBE may be brutal.
Need a BIG so bad.
On to the NBE and the tourney at MSG - I can smell and taste it right now - something that never goes away!!!

Reaction Score
Again, I dont care if he averaged 20 pts per game in the next few games he was going nowhere
Additionally if he played like he did vs Tulane again he was heading to the bench

Back to the season

The first half was underwhelming with missteps by some players but mostly due to staff reluctance to see needed changes.
Once Akok was injured and it forced DH to replace him with someone who could catch the ball and score the ball, rebound and play some man on ball D, the rest of the team found its real personality. It allowed CV more freedom and allowed Bouk to touch the ball more often. Once the offense woke up a bit of gritty D followed.
Rumors have it that Pork Chop was tearing it up in practice before the Akok injury - why wasn't he given more chances but most importantly, what would PC done and where would he be next year if circumstances hadn't changed?
I am looking forward to next year but really hope that AG, beacause of the virus stuff, will be back next year. UConn will need his leadership and I am not convinced that Gaff can play effectively away from the home courts.
The program is heading towards brighter days but those first few years in the NBE may be brutal.
Need a BIG so bad.
On to the NBE and the tourney at MSG - I can smell and taste it right now - something that never goes away!!!
You should take your first few sentences and compare them to every post you've made calling out Gilbert criticism. I know Gilbert is an Ollie recruit and Bouknight isn't but try and hide it better

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Back to the season

Need a BIG so bad.

It’s been said on here before, if Bouk was on UK or Duke he’d be being talked about as a lottery pick. The AAC / NCAA (possibly) Would have gave him an opportunity to shine and get on more radars.

Reaction Score
A lot of good mojo in the Fatts Russell thread, but damn...

Haven’t felt this emo for the end of a season since 2012. Just feeling empty and wishing we had more of this team before it evolves into something else (even if better) next year

Already missing Rique and CV

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Anyone who has watched the program has to be very impressed Dan Hurley. Players and the team have improved dramatically under his leadership. His heart and fight are on full display every game. His team showed tremendous character suffering heartbreaking loss after heartbreaking injury and never cracking. In fact, they rose above and became winners. That is directly traceable to the head coach
Good playing comes from good coaching.
Good writing comes from good editing.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
People said we are going to miss CV next season.

I miss him already.
If you haven't already watched his final interview from the practice center, it's a good one, as was today's Tweet after learning the Tournament was canceled.

There weren't many Likes or Comments, so the interviews slid down the cue pretty quickly. Hurley's & Bouknight's were good too.

The plug got pulled so quickly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom