Season Recap | The Boneyard

Season Recap

Reaction Score
With the season officially over. How are we all feeling about this season. Success, satisfied, unfulfilled? I’m interested in your takes. Because of the way it ended I feel like it’s an unfulfilled season. Almost as if this team was cheated out of reaching its potential. Rough day for the seniors. All in all they gave us hope this season and I can’t wait for the fall! Go Huskies

Reaction Score
The competitor in me wanted to see it play out but based on how we finished the BUZZ will be huge around the program and this is something important to our next 10 months of recruiting. Losing in the AAC would have jeopardized that. Now we cash in our chips up before we could have lost them all in one hand. I'll take it

Reaction Score
The competitor in me wanted to see it play out but based on how we finished the BUZZ will be huge around the program and this is something important to our next 10 months of recruiting. Losing in the AAC would have jeopardized that. Now we cash in our chips up before we could have lost them all in one hand. I'll take it
Tend to agree with this. 4 in 4 would have been tough w no bench.

Reaction Score
I feel totally satisfied. This year was all about turning the corner and while there were some big struggles early on, the team we saw down the stretch was totally different.

While it didn’t end as it should have for them, seeing CV and Alterique’s (if he chooses to leave) growth down the stretch was incredible to watch. This team and this senior class will far outpace their wins and losses when we look back on it.

Reaction Score
With the injuries and the Coronavirus and our win streak with a depleted team, CV not getting a chance to prove himself in the tournament. This is the strangest basketball season I’ve ever seen in my life. Successful season though. Looking forward to next year with healthy guys, Big East play and a determined James Bouknight playing along side Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
Who cares? Can’t even wrap my head around this right now. Unreal. Feel so bad for these guys The gobert thing brought this to a whole nother level- dummy

Reaction Score
Who cares? Can’t even wrap my head around this right now. Unreal. Feel so bad for these guys The gobert thing brought this to a whole nother level- dummy
We all care. The players care. The coaches care. We can understand the situation, while also being bummed it had to end this way for the kids.

Reaction Score
Wonder if this impacts AG's decision on whether to leave or not. He was non-committal even after it was announced he would be honored on senior night.

Unless he already said something more definitive and I just missed it.

Reaction Score
A very successful season in many ways.

Coach Hurley established his culture. The team plays team ball and won a bunch of conference games in a row for the first time in years.
CV played great down the stretch, wish we could have seen more from him.
Bouk showed what he can and will be.
Whaley improved greatly. So much fun to watch.
AG rebounded from adversity and played so much better recently.
Adams showed great improvement from his freshman year.
Gaffney gained valuable experience and showed flashes of his potential.
Sid gave us a few highlights including a block/goaltend that will be talked about for years.

Polley and Akok are in my prayers. Hoping for full recoveries in both cases.

While I am stunned that it's over, I feel that things are certainly on the right path. Thanks to Coach Hurley, the Assistant Coaches, and all the players for their efforts in restoring UConn basketball. The future is bright.

Last edited:

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Although it didn't end the way we wanted it to. The season finishes on a very high note for UConn. In terms of an accomplishment standpoint, finishing the year with 5 straight wins is going to work out really well for this program. SO glad I was able to be at that Houston game. That was one for the ages.

Reaction Score
Right where I thought wed end up, just under 20 wins. By no means happy how it ended though, cant imagine how CV is feeling.

Reaction Score
Well, first, something has to be done so we don't go into the season with a player being arrested. It's has happened far too frequently and two years in a row. Someone in the athletic department has to re-think the orientation for student athletes. Whatever they are doing -ain't working. The St Joe's loss stings. They didn't just beat us. They were up by 27 points. We were inept in every way. That has to be the last time that happens. Also, once again, we started conference play by falling on our faces.

Anyone who has watched the program has to be very impressed Dan Hurley. Players and the team have improved dramatically under his leadership. His heart and fight are on full display every game. His team showed tremendous character suffering heartbreaking loss after heartbreaking injury and never cracking. In fact, they rose above and became winners. That is directly traceable to the head coach

The season was a mild success. A great conference tourney and NCAA run would have been something great. It could have been….alas. Perhaps the most important result of the season is hope. You can see the future from here and it filled with possibility. There is talent here. There is leadership. Most importantly, there is a reason for hope.

Reaction Score
Dumb question but if the NCAA and NIT tourneys aren’t cancelled (which I understand they probably will be so this may be a moot point), wouldn’t we play in the NIT?

Reaction Score
Dumb question but if the NCAA and NIT tourneys aren’t cancelled (which I understand they probably will be so this may be a moot point), wouldn’t we play in the NIT?
They should take the top 64 teams in the NET ranking (I know they won't but we can dream)

Reaction Score
well, we were on a 5 game winning streak and going to win 4/4...so no...NCAAs or bust

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom